E36 M3 Owners... I need your Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E36 M3 Owners... I need your Input

Ive got some cash August to spend on a new Daily D. Ive already settled on a car. E36 M3 sedan. How do you guys enjoy the Daily driving of one, and how reliable are they for you? I know about the little things that need to be watched on the motors but other than that... any input would be awesome.

Ive already ordered a set of coilovers for the car I dont have
    sigpic

As long as you keep up on the maintenance, it should be just as reliable as a Civic. Check out this site for more in depth details on what to look for. Some of it doesn't apply to M cars, like rear subframe reinforcements, but most of it is relevant.

Comment

I bought my '97 M3 bone-stock with about 152k last April, and have driven it almost every day since without any problems. Besides the cooling system, these motors are pretty solid - just stay on top of the maintenance and you're golden.

This is my second E36 (first was a '94 325is), and the only real problem I've ever had was the 140k OEM coolant reservoir on the 325 crack as I arrived to a movie theatre one night.

You might also want to check this out - hands down, one of the best lists of common E36 problems I've come across:
      Last edited by boligrafo123; 01-27-2010, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by B Rod View Post
        As long as you keep up on the maintenance, it should be just as reliable as a Civic. Check out this site for more in depth details on what to look for. Some of it doesn't apply to M cars, like rear subframe reinforcements, but most of it is relevant.
        http://www.unitedbimmer.com/kb-e36-c...faults-faq.php
        Thanks for the links! I was glad to know the reinforcements are on the M3 and "Is" models.
        From what I can tell.. you can get these things pretty low without breaking things like oil pans! Im pretty sure the sway bar and frame rails are the only thing that will scrape.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X