99 EM1 civic Si Build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 EM1 civic Si Build thread

Soooooo, stepping away from regular BMW or Benz scene for a lil bit to cater to my old childhood fantasy!
    I have been working with mostly Benz and BMW in the past, but always have a soft spot for the EM1's and always wanted a Electron blue one.
    Interesting story with this one, if none of you wanna hear it, i understand, just scroll down for the pictars, but those that wanna kill some time, read on i guess

So im gettin married in November and Father inlaw is from MN, and he runs a pretty big honda shop rebuilding Hondas.. When i told him i wanted a Blue EM1, He said he has a shell laying around in back of a shop... Shortly when i came to visit, he presented me with a Gift... a EM1 that he peaced together from a bunch of other SI's hes got around the shop... I was blown away by the kindness. at this Point i dont really care that it was a theft recovery, its a Gift and an awesome one at that. So despite being a car whore that i am - i plan to keep this one for a while.
    OH, and he was even cool enough to throw in some SI seats from an 09!

here are some phone pic, but soon ill be getting around to actually doing some nice pics...

plans for the build.

-decent drop via Coilovers
    -new grill
    -Factory EM1 spoiler
    -repaint the car
    - LS V-tec motor
    Hopefully finish up the LS block i have in the garage and slap a B16 on it.
    -Oh and an LS 5th gear... these Si trannies Blow on gas mileage.

so here we go, pics of my em1 as it sits today.

Here are the Si Seats fitted and rewelded for the right size.

anyhow, this is it for now. the Big W day is around the corner and i dont have alot if time with all the prep but ill try to keep this thing updated when i can Mostly for future reference ...

Leave comments below ...

mhmmm this will be good!

Comment

b16a2's can get above the 200 whp mark, and are revvy little bastards, why not keep the b16a2 and swap in a gsr tranny? No sense in dropping an LS 5th in a b16 tranny because there would be a large gap between the 4th and 5th.

Just my opinion, was never good with honda trannys.

Looks like a promising start though.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

I got a B18 block kickin around from a GS DA teggie i had a while back, i already put in ITR pistons with GSR rods in it and a ITR crank, might as well stick a b16 head on it since i have one. LS 5th gear is a Must cause i love the gear ratio on the SI tranny, i know its going to be a strong change in ratio but i have a friend who had it, and i thought it was good enough... on mine now, its quick but when u get to 5th gear, i dont like driving 75mph at 4100 rpm and arud here i drive mostly Highway and speed limit is 70.... the point is not to make it a racekor but just something fun to zip around in around town .... i have other cars for long trips.

Comment

what a great deal!!!!

Instagram:CHUBSTER_CRUZE

Comment

yeah, No sense in dropping an LS 5th in a b16 tranny because there would be a large gap between the 4th and 5th.

Comment

Awesome gift indeed. You better keep your future wife happy lol!

Comment

Yeah with a father-in-law like that i would do whatever made his daughter happy lol BTW Those 09 seats A1 Bauss sauce

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Originally posted by Bystrov View Post
                  these Si trannies Blow on gas mileage.
                  TRUTH!

Sometimes I drive 3000 miles in a week. I used my Del Sol VTEC one week and it scrubbed 100 miles off of each tank of gas. And as you know that annoying 4100 RPM hum make you

I never personally driven a B16 with an LS 5th. So I can only imagine the 4th-5th drop. I like my GSR tranny best. I put the B16 tranny off my EM1 immediately for sale after I drove the Sol for a week. I can't do it. All I can think of is that annoying hum.

Any idea on suspension and wheels that you plan on going with?
                  DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                  E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

I hear that. There are a few gsr trannies locally for around 350 i might pick that up when my ls block is ready for a transplant.
                    Wheels I plan on keeping stock for now ... Maybe something 16x8 et15 /10 in the future but for now stock. I'm planning to run rokkor coil overs. Best bang for the buck and not alot of pot holes or speed bumps where I'm at so it seems to be the best candidate for a suspension setup!

Comment

Please keep this thing stock. Theres nothing sexier than a stock em1 dropped on Si rims. Im super jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by Junya View Post
                        Please keep this thing stock. Theres nothing sexier than a stock em1 dropped on Si rims. Im super jealous.
                        I'm actually leaning towards just that , if you look at all my previous builds you will see that I like OEM goodness
                        Under the hood I'm just going to prob do some minor motor work and clean up the engine bay. Nothing radical like wire tucks or deleting components , I want it fully functional but also very presentable . Simple and clean ...

Comment

Installed new grill, bumper, new fenders, new hood, em1 rear factory spoiler with pre-drilled trunk, new headlights and primed the car with guide coat for high spots. Coming together nicely! Just waiting on the new radiator support cause this one has seen better days!

Comment

So much for it being electron blue hahaha
                            I thought you would have only painted the stock parts.
                            Did you just want an electron blue one so it says it in the VIN for originality and the next paint job will be electron blue too?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

I've always had a spot for these cars as well, Some dude that lives around from my brother has one same colour sitting in his garage.

5 years ago it was kinda just sitting there, Now, you can barley see it. there is boxes stacked on top of it along with being covered in dust. I doubt its moved in 4 years.

I've tried to talk him in to getting it, but its most likely fucked from rust knowing our shitty winters.

Comment

Working...
                              X