Bmw e30 rb325 ;-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bmw e30 rb325 ;-)

Hey everyone, have a build thread going on EUROCCA but been lurking on here for a while an posted a couple of piccies of me E36 but thought i would share some pics and info of my E30 build.

Basically abit of background is i have drifted for the past year an a half nothing major but been sliding a Turbo RB20 R31 Skyline.

So i love the RB's and i love my Euro so i decided to mix them together lol. I managed to pickup my RB around a year ago for $2400, an then it arrived at my shed :-)

Then i had put a $500 deposit on my E30, it was a mates but she wanted to save up for a new car before getting rid of it. So she drove it around for another 6 months or so while i saved up more cash and sorted out some parts for the conversion.

Then i stripped the wiring loom off the motor because i have decided to run MegaSquirt2 so that i can tune everything myself. Then i found a 2nd hand unit for sale it was an uncompleted kit and some other accs for $300 he had decided to change his plans on ECU so sold it off cheapish. Then assembled it all,

I then managed to pickup a new manifold and larger T3/4 turbo

Well im off for the night but ill try fill in abit more tomorrow lol. Hopefully u guys like it lol

So well then my mate had found an E36 she liked the other 500 changed hands and i had myself a road regoed perfectly drivable car lol, that i then proceded to rip appart.

Then we started shoe horning lol

We then had a couple of wins and fails, i had measured up the engine to shifter output and it should have been around 5mm too far back and it was spot on 5mm too long but its no issue as its a short throw and its all internal inside the gear box.
    BUT, The engine was that long that with the head 10mm off the firewall 15mm blocks under the sump between the rack and X-member it was only mm off the bottom rad support so it would definatley hit the rad.

Cheerssss

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

nice!.. im gonna go and get some pop corn

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

Sick! Can't wait to see how this turns out

1991 E30 Sedan - Build Thread

Comment

Quick teaser coz i dont have time to update the rest lol

Comment

Originally posted by DannyE32 View Post
            me too

Comment

This is excellent. More, more!

Comment

yeesssssssssssssssssss so cool.

Comment

I got a spare couple of mins so ill update lol

Main issue was the brake booster is located on the exhaust side and the manifold was extremely close to the booster, so i have modified the pedal box to accept a smaller diameter suzuki swift booster but it still has the same throw so i the adapted the E30 master to the new booster. Therefore i had a smaller booster and its been good as u need more force to pull it up but it has ALOT more feel to it

And then the issue was running the nissan clutch setup is different to bmw. Ill post that later lol

Comment

This is excellent. More, more!

Comment

Well just looking through my piccies and i havent got anything decent for the clutch lol so may have to get some lol. But theres plent of other crap going on at the same time lol.

Interior has been stripped, have been tossing up what i am going to do for dash if i go full AutoMeter guages for speed, rpm, fuel level, coolant temp, oil pressure, AFR and boost. But because BMW use the diff for the speed sensor not the gearbox i can use the stock speed sensor, i took the coolant sensor out the old motor : before i ditched it so coolant should be good. Also the fuel level will work as im using the stock tank and a surge. Bit the stock dash also has an econo meter and i think that lends itsself to being a boost guage with some mods lol. Then ill just have to run an AFR and oil pressure guage seperate.

But seats in and mounted and harness is mounted untill i get my cage fabricated

Also been going hard with the front end fabrication lol. That will be the next update lol

Comment

Originally posted by DannyE32 View Post
                        Dang this is going to be sick! Ill bring chairs and drinks

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Haha anyone feel like dropping off some cash???? Lol

Comment

crazy stuff! i like!
                            My 95' m3

87' e30 build

Comment

350+ rwkw hopefully its silly lol