Another e36, F##k me right....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another e36, F##k me right....

Hi guys, I thought it was about time to make a build thread here, beacause my car is starting to take shape. And before I get started, I`d like to apologise that some grammar mistakes may occure, because english is not my native language. So feel free to correct me

Starting from the beginning.....About two years ago it was time to get my first car and since my friend had an e36 coupe and i started to like it, I decided to get one as well. Because my monthly income was an issue when buying the car I bought a 316 coupe It`s not as bad as it sounds, it has a m43b16 engine so it`s quite reliable and bombproof and for an engine that old it doesn`t consume that much fuel. Anyways, in the beginning it looked like this :

Like a regular e36 should So not long after came new rims :

[/quote]

Next year I had big plans and for starters i got some better rubber on the rims and some wheelspacers - 20mm in the front and 30mm in the back

Because M bumpers were getting to mainstream, i started exploring other options and discovered the world of bumper lips. Googled a little and found some that i liked alot. Unfortunately getting hands on the originals would have been too expensive and difficult. Fortunately I also discovered the world of bad replicas and bought a s#itty replica of a Racing Dynamics non M bumper lip. And after a lot of modifying I got it installed :

After that I decided to paint the rims white and lower it a little :

At one point I even measured how much it got lower and the results were : -60mm in the front and about -30mm in the back.

Next spring brought some new improvements, got myself another set of new rims for a bargain E34 M5 throwing stars, 17"x8" ET20 and 17"x9" ET22 I`m quite sad that these rims are starting to get too mainstream under e36`s and as I like to say : "Throwing stars are the new style 5`s" But still I love them too much and I couldn`t resist buying another set for a good price :

You probably noticed I skipped some bits Hope you don`t mind, cause I`m getting to the best part....When the summer was starting to end, I had a dilemma : to go lower before winter or not.......Well I decided to go for it, so this is how my car looks now, hope you`ll enjoy it

sick...love the wheels

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Looks real nice, I like the wheels alot.

Comment

where did you buy your new wheels from?

Comment

I think it looks great.

Comment

those wheels never get old!

Comment

Throwing stars will make any car awesome. I need to get my hands on a set.

Comment

looks awesome! link to where you bought the racing dynamics replica lip?!
                  025garage

Comment

Originally posted by motocaddy View Post
                    looks awesome! link to where you bought the racing dynamics replica lip?!
                    yea, thats a nice lip. hopefully cheap, cuz you might need a few of them :pizza:
                    025garage

Comment

Thanks guys, good you like it I`ll try to get some proper pictures during the day before I set it up for winter

Continueing on the subject of the front lip : it`s cheap as hell where I live (48 euros), but it`s also really low quality so you practically have to rebuild it. A lot of glassfiber and bondo is necessary

Comment

Originally posted by 2low2go View Post
                        those wheels never get old!
                        this

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                        Throwing stars will make any car awesome. I need to get my hands on a set.
                        and this.

i like this!

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

Love it mate

My E36 build thread

Comment

Hi guys, it`s been over a year since I last posted anything, so I guess I`ll have to fix this.

So starting with last autumn....

Got a few good pictures before the season ended :

And before raising the car, I used my car key as a hight measuring tool. Nothing spectacular, but the lowest i have gone so far.

First snow came suddenly and things got sour for me, managed to hit a curbstone which resulted in this :

It`s the right rear wheel. It was a little bit bent too, but nothing too serious. Also the lower wishbone was bent and this is a picture I call : "Camber, you`re doing it wrong. "

Got the wishbone replaced and the rim repaired. After that my car went into winter mode

Also got something rare from a friend :

A friend of mine also decided to snap some pictures while I was washing my car.

2013 was a cr#ppy year for me which started with this :

Still havent repaired that dent properly, pushed it out as much as possible and left it as it was.

After the snow and ice had melted, I repolished the lips and got some rubber mounted on the rims. Lowered the car again and fitted the wheels on.:

Who needs women when there are cars

For some time I thought taxidriving was my true calling :

That dream shattered fast, so I decided to releave stress by buying myself an oldtimer

It`s a 1971 Opel Commodore A, got it for scrap money from a coworker. It has a 2.5 liter straight-six and 5x120 wheel bolt pattern. Unfortunately beacause of this purchase, I had to cancel the bodywork on the BMW Still, totally worth it, hopefully I can start rebuilding it next year, which also means a proper build thread.

But enough of that. In the beginning of the summer there was also the birthday of my native stance community. Took part in it and got some cool pictures of my car.

During the summer I also tryed some rallydriving with a sleepy head and an annoying codriver, wasn`t the best decision :

Patched it up and kept rollin. Summer season ended too early for me, beacause of these bad boys :

Oh well, had to put steelies on, which had some usable tyres on them. That also resulted in some clearance issues.:

Picked up some free stuff too :

Wanted a different front bumper for the winter and a friend delivered. It`s a ABS plastic copy, so it can take a beating during the winter months. It was a little bit broken :

But no problem, I`m used to patching up broken stuff. In no time I had it repaired and installed :

Had to fabricate mouldings myself out of the ones of a normal bumper :

Also finished the M side mouldings, can`t wait to install them :

Had to raise the car again, so that I could use the winter wheels from last winter :

Sorry, it`s the only picture I have. A few weeks ago, I sold those and atm I`m on steelies again.

I guess this is it for now, not much progress, but hey, it has been a bad year for me. Hopefully next year will be better and I can finally get some proper work done on both cars. But for now, Merry Christmas and more lows for the next year !

Last edited by 2bsolut; 12-24-2013, 10:04 AM.

Comment

grrr throwing stars look good on an e36
                              1989 Honda Prelude 2.0Si 4WS
                              Y-49 (Barbados Yellow)

Build thread - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=53264
                              Instagram - Preyruder

Comment

Working...
                              X