Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the Children: Ol Dirty Bastard gets a build thread (e24 content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Children: Ol Dirty Bastard gets a build thread (e24 content)

I figure it's about time I actually got all of my pictures of this damn thing into one cohesive thread, so here goes.

Back in the summer of 2009, I bought an '87 635 L6 from my buddy Joe in Winchester, TN. It was swapped to a 5 speed by a previous owner, and Joe had planned to gut it and turn it into a track car, but lost interest. The suspension was shot, the paint was super faded, and the front airdam was cracked to shit. Didn't matter to me though. I was stoked to get an e24 after selling off my old e28 to Mike Burroughs.

I had it for a couple of months but didn't touch it at all due to lack of funds. I really wanted to get another airdam, and a quick call to Bobby Thrash at Strictly German netted a later 88-89 "world" airdam in the correct color. My buddy Nick and I trailered the car over to his place to do the instal, refinish the style 5s, and swap my dead gauge cluster.
    [/url]

Nick fixing a small crack in the new airdam.

While we were at it I picked up a set of Konis and Suspension Technique springs from Mike. After a long winter of sporadic work, the car made it to AngieFest '10 in Atlanta.

I got sick of looking at my faded cirrusblau paint everyday, so when Jeremy and I were bored one evening, we decided to paint my car. Did it in about 6 hours with a bunch of rattle cans.

[/url]bb7b8c7a

We thought it looked pretty good. Until it faded to pink. My girlfriend ***** it. Around this time, I picked up a set of euro bumpers.

[/url]

Jeremy helped me mount the front bumper, and I decided that the car needed a new paint job. Out with the rattle cans again.

The fan clutch went out on me at the same time that one of the main seals. So if I sat in traffic the car would start smoking. Oh and the power steering pump started leaking, making the engine bay filthy. I was listening to Wu Tang on a regular basis, so I started calling my car Ol Dirty Bastard.

I'd wanted to run air on ODB for a long time, so last December I called BagRiders and bought a manual management set up. Some spare parts from some other friends got me my struts and shocks. I drove Ol Dirty up to Nashville to have some friends up there help me out with the air install.

Sold the Style 5s to help fund the air instal, so the goofy looking Borbets will be there for a little bit.

While ODB is up in Nashville, I bought a set of Equips from my buddy Nico.

Specs are 17X8, 17X9 et30. I split them apart to strip the purple paint off and to widen them. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks I'll have enough money for wider lips.

Anyway that's all I've got so far. Comments and criticisms welcome!
    Last edited by theseeker411; 02-21-2018, 12:54 AM. Reason: fuck photobucket
    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
    2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

ODB being ODB

Comment

That's me behind the wheel at H20 '11. Rodney is about to tell me that ODB is pissing power steering fluid all over the parking lot by the ShitCove.
      Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

Sub'd

Comment

Looking awesome CJ!
          -Rion
          Photo by: D.Tek

Comment

I have some more pics I've taken of some other things if you want me to post them on here

Comment

Love E24's!

What kind of lift is that??? I've been trying to find information on that thing!
              DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
              E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
                That's me behind the wheel at H20 '11. Rodney is about to tell me that ODB is pissing power steering fluid all over the parking lot by the ShitCove.
                And there's my car in the background!

The new height looks great man, slammed 6's look so perfect. What color are you going with for the centers on the equips?

Comment

Looks absolutely amazing on air, the equips should look great as well.

Comment

Thanks y'all!

Byron, I'm polishing the centers of the Equips and getting silver RS bolts. I would re-use the stock Work hardware, but it's all corroded.

Los02, I'm unsure of what lift was used. I'm not on speaking terms anymore with that fabricator, as we had a falling out right after he finished the airstruts.

Cory, post 'em up dude!
                    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

I should probably also clarify, this progress hasn't happened quickly. ODB has spent large chunks of time sitting around, leaking shit, etc. The pics I've posted thus far have documented about 3 years of work. In fact, I haven't had the car in GA since Dec of last year. It's been stuck in Nashville for the last 8 months getting the air install done, and also this.

Thanks to Brennan, Cory, and the rest of the S|W TN family, ODB is changing color yet again.
                      Last edited by theseeker411; 02-21-2018, 12:57 AM.
                      Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

Awww yeee!
                        [/url]
                        Last edited by theseeker411; 02-21-2018, 12:58 AM.
                        Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

Here's a few pics I've snapped of me and Brennan (aircooled) doing the bodywork and paint (mostly Brennan)

sanding off some of CJ's handiwork with the rattlecans. (damn you CJ)

laying down primer

then a little bit of the pretty stuff

That's all the teasers I've got!

Comment

Yeah...sorry about the rattle cans, Cory and Brennan. Never doing that again.
                            Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

Dude hell yes. This thing looks nice right meow. Can't wait to see it with the equips.

Comment

Working...
                              X