Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *9UP* Air'd Out Honda Fit GD3

Hi
    this is my official introduction of my self here on stance works...i am sure alot of you have seen my build threads if u have been on fitreaks or are up in the NW are ..
    my name is felix and i am from Vancouver BC Canada ....and this is my 07 honda fit.

2007 - July...got her brand new from the dealer in AUTO format and Sports package.
    within a month, we got coilovers custom camber plates,and sport max wheels, JDM tail lights...this was 2007.

then came the first part of the power up grades...
    i wanted a stylish looking car...that means some where between sports and VIP...."STYLISH"...it is my daily driver so i need it to be practical....and 86WHP on dyno was just not enough .......so i sourced out a Noblesse body kit from japan, and the first part that came in was the quad tip noblesse exhaust

then since 86WHP was just gay....i went with the T1R turbo Kit....this was the prototype version i got from AJ racing....keep in mind this was still 2007 !...then i made 127whp with it still being AUTO

then xmas 2007....came the complete authentic Noblesse Lux kit for GD3...at that time it was the ONLY one in North America

then to go with the exterior ...i did CF overlay on all the interior trips

New year 2008
    we started on the JDM conversion...consist of fenders, hood, head light, rad support, bumper support, bumpers.....it was a big job that i try to do my self ..but FAILED...so later i towed it to the body shop

to fit the JDM fenders...u have to BEND this part

Cut the rad support

hammer this in

then i gave up so i sent it to SAVE ON AUTO BODY in richmond BC

then i ran out of money to paint...so i drove like that for 6 months ....

driving into the sun set

the first prototype of the cowl

then i got the first batch of the WR manifold ...WORST PRODUCT EVER~!

then ....sept 2008....going even further into the hella flush...stance..scene...i decided to do some fender work...keep in mind this was the first stage of my fenders......!!
    since FRP fender flares are hellagay....i went with a full metal mold....this was cut out from a EG civic fender

then started with the rear fenders...again..FRP fender flares are gay..we went with full metal conversion..did NOT CUT ANY CORNERS....we even made the doors go wide

and little did u know..JDM honda fit does not come with rear bumper support....but in Canadian road regulartions..all cars must have one...so we made one.

then first stage of the car's exterior was done

then...NEW PAINT ! 07 honda element super charge..USA version only...root beer brown metallic

REAL Mugen trunk mold...i dunno why this sold for $500.....but this was way before anyone made a replica of it...so it was the only way to go

we also custom painted the headlight housing

toying with different headlight ideas

first stage complete

by now...it was summer 2009 !!!!

drove the car for the summer and felt it was not cool enough....so researched into AIR ride kit....thanks for VWVORTEX....i was able to get all my questions answered...and got my self into AIR

2x3 gal tank
    2 480C compressor
    east street complete digital controller
    universal air front bags with megal coilover
    mason air rear bags...then replaced with air lift bags
    very customer rear bag brackets $1600 just the 2 brackets...fml !
    this was due to the fact that...JDM fit suspension was very different...and there werent any kit for usdm fit so we have to custom make the rear brackets...it was cnc, laser cut, and cad design...so $1600 was the bill at the end of the day for the brackets. this was done by outlaw customs

then we cut this much off the front coilover to get the bags sitting low

custom end links

then.....Mason tech rear bags blew up in my face while i was under the car playing with the air ride

then special thanks for OUTLAW Customs...we got the rear down !!

they made the angle brackets ....its a long story...but this was a very clever design

shooting in my garage

my wheels
    leon hardriits 16x8 +7 and 16x9.5+5

local photo shoot

at a local meet

then came the custom trunk set up done by BPG Tuning in richmond

shooting for the first web blog that featured my car

a vid of the car going up n down
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOfZrXIzeI8"]honda fit air ride outlaw customs X BPG - YouTube[/ame]

custom trunk box by BPG Tuning

then i didnt tink the red cf interior goes with the exterior colour so i got it air brushed wood grain by BRINKWORTH Customs

random shot may 2010

ARE U BORED OF MY CAR YET....?

well i was bored ....after the summer of 2010...won a few show...it just wasnt exciting any more...so instead of giving up like what most ppl would do...i step it up another level....K-swap!...project started sept 2010..finished june 2011..total cost of the swap $30000aprox.

swap was done by evolution auto performance in maple ridge canada
    short list of parts
    mugen short block
    toda a2 head
    custom turbo
    custom short gear box
    spoon lsd
    tubed frame front end
    368whp 14psi.

since the car was auto....every thing had to be custom made...even tho brian at hasport have the swap mounts already but that was design for MT cars...AT car was on a totaly different frame and design so everything i got for the swap didn't work.

drive shafts are same as EG

engine test fit

custom made exhaust manfifold by evolution auto performance

down pipe and tight fit

tight fit of the motor to the frame

and gone with the rad support cuz we felt that it will be easier for us to take out the engine in the future !!
    so came with the tube frame

custom intercooler

custom catch can and breather

adding some colour....Gold plating and powder coating

crazy racepak

ATS CF clutch

relocated fuse box

preped engine bay for paint by brinksworth customs

Then engine going back in !

14 weeks and $800 later....NEO CHROME parts came in !!!

there are only a few finger room between the engine and the rad

custom molded dash

GD3 Mugen turbo k20 fit first start

tuning on dyno comp dyno ...base tune...8psi..333whp

toda A2 cams

a few shows in 2011

custom TL projector retro fit

a VID my buddy matt made of my car in 2011
    http://vimeo.com/26311070

then ...mid season of 2011....going hard core into the show scene...thought i can`t go to all the same with a car that looks the same...so i changed it up alittle...this was AUG 2011

brinkworth customs remade the front fenders....this was done properly this time.....all metal and repainted the wheels

they first maped out the curves

then out line the new fenders

NEW FENDERS !!!

then we painted the wheels

few more random pics

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by felixy1018; 06-24-2012, 07:12 PM.

Wat da fuq

Did I just read.

That was amazing. It would be really hard to be bored of this car. I really like the VIP style on a smaller car. Usually it looks cheap, but this looks really classy.

I usually think of cars like this to be low and slow, but to have some boosted special K under the hood is serious business.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
    @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

oh wow!

love everything about this build! got tosay, it's one of the only fits/jazz i'd drive!

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_1uDxhuGyw&feature=player_embedded"]FIT-ment (BJA Feature One) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

wow.. that thing went through a lot. love it. props for all the work

Comment

Holy shit..... NICE build!!!
            1987 Chevy Cavalier z24- Sold
            2005 Saturn ION Redline- Sold
            2001 Kia Spectra GSX- Sold
            1996 Honda Accord Lx- Sold
            1986 Chevy Camaro z28- Sold
            1980 BMW 733i- Sold

Comment

HOLY SHI...............damn....your car......my god......i cant even.........jesus........dood....amazing
              [IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/10eos3a.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

i came into this thread with no expectations. thought it was just gonna be another stupid fit (i **** fits) and after finishing your post im pleasantly surprised. very nice, quality work. not something id sink that kinda coin into, but to each his own right?

props on making me enjoy reading about a vehicle i ****.
                Balls Deep Squad.

Comment

Talked with you at Tailored, big fan of all the great work you've done!

Comment

alot of awesome money spent! good shit for doing it right

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
                    Originally posted by nickskater09
                    I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

Motherfucker...
                      Mad props to you mate!

Cannot believe you are making 333hp out of that! I bet you smoke a hell of a lot of unsuspecting cars haha!

Comment

Wow great couple of year build. You got any more plans for it or even a new project?

Spoon mirrors would be good on this. And I **** to say it but I think the wheels don't suit. Some mad jdm splits would set this off even more!

Comment

I really really like this car! I first saw it a long time ago, but it's great to see a build thread, it started out so humble:P

Comment

Mother fucking wow, what a build for a Fit. You didn't disappoint at all, as I was reading through and wasn't seeing a motor swap... then I was wrong and you went beyond that. Good job man!

Comment

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, you put a fucking k20 in it. then turbo, then neochrome. thanks for breaking my jaw.

Comment

Working...
                              X