Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CL9 Accord Type S

Hi guys

Below is progress posts from another forum, so you can see how I got to the stage I am at now.

The car modding game starts again. As some of you know I had a DC5 for a couple of years after the BuddyClub EK Coupe got broken for parts (Tom Bowman, is keeping the legacy going by buying my old bodykit though, so not all bad)

The problem with the DC5 was that it was an expensive rare breed, that I was afraid to mod, due to it's expense and my worry of me fucking it up!

Now that I managed to sell the DC5, I had £6500 cash ready to spend on a new project....

Looks good just sitting there don't it haha :P

My mum bought a facelift Accord Type S (K20 - 155hp version) back in 2007, and was selling up due to needing a new car (surprisingly the new 8th gen Accord, woop!). She's a '56 plate, with 65k, FSH, it has the half leather interior and the optional built-in satnav premium sound system :nod:

She then made me an offer I couldn't refuse...

"We'll sell it at a family deal for you Stephen..."

"Oh really? What's that mum?"

"£3500!"

"SOLD!!"

Here's a picture of her a couple of years ago, sorry I should of taken one before I started the build, but never thought.

So anyway, onto the build, I have decided on a low and slow approach, considering it's not exactly track spec and more eco spec cruiser. I am going to keep it that way.

Here are the planned mods so far...

Rota Grid Drifts in Hyper Black (18x9.5 ET30)
    BC Racing BR Type Coilovers
    Falken ZIEX-912 235/40/18
    Muteki SR48 Neo-Chrome Lug nuts
    Rolled arches and flared to fit the silly wide wheels
    12k Dipped Beam HIDs
    DICE Electronics Duo OEM-iPod Integration kit

Future plans...
    Rear Lip Spolier
    Twin Exhast setup
    Rear Window Spoiler
    Mugen Window Deflectors
    Tinted windows
    Respray the front bumper
    Colour code the rear parking sensors
    Better audio

The Parts (pictured)

Rota Grid Drifts in Hyper Black (18x9.5 ET30) - MAJOR THANKS TO JAMES @ DRIFTWORKS FOR SOURCING ME THEM!

Falken ZIEX-912 235/40/18

BC Racing BR Type Coilovers

DICE Electronics Duo OEM-iPod Integration kit

These are all the parts I have so far. Still waiting on lug nuts being delivered and need to get the tyres fitted this week. Dan from ArchEnemy is coming to roll and flare my arches on Saturday so I can fit my wheels.

So far I have fitted the coilovers, check out the pics below...

Test height, pulled one of the inner arch lining clips as soon as we turned the wheels, so we raised it slightly...

The final height, looks so so good!

Then we had fun test fitting the new wheels without the tyres to check the clearance, looks like Dan@ArchEnemy is going to be having a long Saturday haha!

Update! These arrived today! They look mega!

Installed my 8000k Slimline HIDs last night, temp fitted the ballasts with cable ties for now, until I get some double-sided sticky pads.

Hard to see the detail of a headlight because of the glare, but they look awesome coming through the projectors! :nod:

Excuse the messy garage, half of the shit is my dads haha

Hi guys

Sorry for the delay. I have spent most of the weekend sorting my car out, trying to get it setup. However, I am missing a few parts to allow me to get it 100%, but I'll go into that later. Lets carry on with the build...

Loaded up the Accord full of wheels and tyres!

Guys at Revs in Horsham, made the job look effortless!

Just a mild stretch, perfect!

Now to test fit them on the car, before Dan from Arch Enemy comes. Thought I would try the rears first, as I was hoping for no camber kit to be needed. Couldn't lower the jack all the way with this one haha...

Defo needs a lip roll! lol

So then the next day, bright and early and already melting! Dan comes round and gets to work on the arch work. We thought we would test the fronts, as they would be the worst. Here they are...

Then he cracked on, with nothing but a bottle of water he mission'd it all morning and afternoon until about 2pm. Awesome job!

He has to trim a fair bit of inner arch to make them fit though, all nicely modified and secured properly :nod:

Here's the rears after he was finished, looks awesome!

Then here is a few with the whole car complete! Still need more camber on the front, and I am going to order the Ingalls Camber & Toe rear alignment kit too. A few more tweaks and we will be there. At the moment it scrubs like fuck, and is only a 2 seater because of it haha :P

Enjoy...

Just ordered these! Woop!

Ingalls Rear Camber & Toe Adjustment Kit
    Update! - Hond-R kindly sent me across my Skunk2 Pro-Series Front Camber Arms...WOOP! :w00t:

Will be fitting these tonight! Will update with pictures asap!
    So as it says, I'll be fitting the camber kit tonight and getting some pics of the front end setup! Hopefully she'll clear the coilovers ok! Fingers crossed!

Thanks for reading peeps!

Those front camber arms look sick!

As I said in your intro thread, really love these. The arches look brill, although id have gone for a tad more stretch so I could lower her more
    -SW|UK-
    Education - Knowledge - Power
    insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

Man that was a heck of a deal. I love family deals haha. I sold my buddy two 18x10 +25 wheels for the cost of one haha and bought a stage 3 clutch for 30 bx.. So, i'm with you on buying from family.. I love what you've done so far. Cheers

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Cheers man!

The rears are actually as low as they go, need to cut the bolts on the rear to get it to go lower. Not sure why the BC Racing coilovers go lower at the front than the rear :S

I'll try lower the fronts more tonight, it's the coilover clearance that I am worried about once I add more camber. I guess we'll see

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
          Man that was a heck of a deal. I love family deals haha. I sold my buddy two 18x10 +25 wheels for the cost of one haha and bought a stage 3 clutch for 30 bx.. So, i'm with you on buying from family.. I love what you've done so far. Cheers
          haha! Yea man! What a touch eh?

The bodywork needs a bit of love, but don't all cars? :P

Comment

Camber kit fitted! Really sorry, but I forget to get a pic of the camber arm installed, it was getting quite late and the misses was complaining I wasn't in bed yet haha :P

The camber kit is set at max, wish it would tuck more, but saying that it probably will once I start driving. I have literally just dropped the car to the floor, so it won't have settled yet I guess

Comment

Looking forward to proper pics
              -SW|UK-
              Education - Knowledge - Power
              insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

Yea that will come next week man, when I get my Ingalls kit. I can't really drive it anywhere at the moment, as it scrubs loads on the rear. You can probably see the toe is way out!

Comment

Awesome work so far such a sweet looking combo cant beat a set of grids thats for sure
                  Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

I took the wheels off recently to sell them, as the 5 degrees camber on the rear was not making for a nice drive. However, since nobody has a grand to spend on wheels, I am now looking into getting my arches flared properly now. Here is my incentive...looking at the pics when they were on, looks soooooo good :wub:

Comment

this is awesome! love what you've done with it

IG: Nick475

Comment

Gorgeous! Needs more stretch!
                        Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
                        Instagram: bmwforlife

Originally posted by SD202
                        70,000 miles and counting. static slammed. From here to vegas to LA and everywhere in between. Shes my daily driver. Because shes my only car. everything that has ever broke has been a result of being slammed.

Comment

the colour of the wheels suit the car perfectly

http://www.mvip.com.au
                          clicky^

Comment

Working...
                          X