Been thinking of making a small build thread here since I'm finally getting around to the "stance" on the Ruck. Bought her stock sometime in february i believe. 2011 with 2800 miles for $1500
Rode it around like that for a few weeks before i got kinda bored and ordered a few parts for it.
atr frame extension
ncy gas tank cover
DORF seat frame
led turtlehead tail light
Dingleberry plate mount
Once again rode it around like that for a little bit and decided to step up my game a little bit and order an NCY front end kit since a vendor on TotalRuckus was having a good sale. This included front wheel, caliper, rotor, forks, master cylinder and i got a ncy throttle to further clean up the bars. Also deleted my speedo and the rear brake
Ok now heres when the good stuff starts happening. The stock motor could hardly get out of its own way so i said fuck it and started piecing together a gy6 150cc swap.
mojo weld on mount
mojo bolt on shock mount
stock gy6 13" rear wheel
Maxx power harness
composimo angled carb clocking flange
uni filter intake
custom exhaust from a TR member
Mikuni fuel pump
11 pole stator
Maxx power adjustable cdi
thats about it that i remember, lots of little stuff. Heres a few pics from mocking up and of the exhaust and what not.
After a few days/nights of wrenching, grinding, wiring, soldering, etc. and i got her running :P
Obviously i wouldn't be putting this on stance works if it ended here. So we shall continue...
First the front tire looked terrible, so i ordered a new, smaller 100/90/10 to replace the 120/90/10, and also replaced the super high ncy forks that i already cut the springs in with these rrgs low down forks that are super low, and can go even lower if i cut a few springs in these.
Then i was out one day cruising around and she died on me. FML right? Well it worked out okay because it worked out that i just got this mounted the night before
140/70/12 on a 12x8, it was fun getting that bead to seat
While i was working on the ruck to try to figure out why she died i decided to test fit the wheel
Nice and all, but when you put a wide wheel on a ruckus you have to shift the motor to the left so that the wheel is centered with the frame. In my case this required modding the weld on motor mount and also making a new shock mount which i had welded to the frame instead of the bolt on style i previously had. I dropped it off at BradFab industries to let the crew work their magic and and got it back a few days later. the wheel is now centered in the frame, and the shock mount is now welded to the frame and has the shock sitting at a more upright angle which seemed to have stiffen it up a little bit (which it needed badly). I figured it throw some paint on it so she's all one color until i decide to strip her down again and have it professionally painted. Heres how it sat after that. Quite the difference huh?
Looking good, looking good. Stance is getting there but still needs some improvement. And that front NCY wheel is cool and all but it doesn't quite match the rear. So, back to TotalRuckus for some research and found a nice front wheel set up that wouldn't break the bank. Here is that wheel.
and the adapter i need to run it. All together it was about 225 shipped which i thought was well worth it
Stuck with a 10" because i kinda like the staggered look. I never really think 12" fronts look as good as 10s. Also, ordered a new tire. Smaller once again with a 90/90/10
And one more thing that I'm currently working on is a little wire tuck. Ive wire tucked my old 04 GLI before so i figured this wouldn't be too bad. So far it hasn't been a nightmare or anything but its tough fitting all the wire through the frames at some points. Its coming along though, it should be all finished up tonight actually.
updates to follow