No announcement yet.

NickL's E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im in the middle of my e30 bag build too on my vert. Im pretty much using the same exact setup except the airlift straight bag in the front. Any reason your using the bellowed one?
    ill be checking back for updates.

Comment

Sweet Jeebus that car is even cleaner than I imagined. Text me tomorrow, homie!
      Find me on Instagram - alex_garagezeroeight

1931 Ford Model A project - http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2362912

Comment

Sub'd!

Comment

very nice! looking foward to seeing this thing come together
          1986 | BMW | 325

LEVINE AUTOMOTIVE

Comment

tear jerker dude. Good luck to you want to see more!

Comment

Damn that thing is stupid clean

Comment

I'm in for this one.

-Aron
                "Living life a quarter turn at a time"

Comment

Originally posted by mitchlevy7 View Post
                  im in the middle of my e30 bag build too on my vert. Im pretty much using the same exact setup except the airlift straight bag in the front. Any reason your using the bellowed one?
                  ill be checking back for updates.
                  The guys at bag riders reccomended the bellow style over the sleeve style bag basically because overall its a better design and will perform better. After they did the research to make sure the stroke and everything was identical to the sleeve bag, they told me it would be a better option.

Thanks for all the comments guys. I actually broke my wrist last night which sucks but I'll still be working on it. Hopefully I have some updates today.
                  [URL="http://bagriders.com/modlab/"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][B]BagRiders[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

Cant wait to see this progress. I've been wanting to bags on my e30 as well but the parts get pretty pricey.

Comment

Wow!!! Thats a nice story, wish my dad was into cars aswell
                      New Zealand thread: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22785

Comment

hey mannnn

btw its aj, i need start lurking on stance works since I'm bagging the s4 soon

Comment

Haha yeah for sure we need to get that going dude.

A little update. Worked on the E30 a little today. Mounted one rear bag.

Basically, grinded off both upper and lower nipples that hold the spring, drilled a hold through the bottom of the trailing arm. Ran a 3/8 bolt into the bag. Then drilled an offset hole in the upper mount, tapped one of the offset holes on the bag, ran a 3/8 bolt down through it. The top is NOT finished. I don't have the proper bolt because I changed my ideas around a few times. Ill be cleaning everything up in the rears tomorrow. Also need to figure out how to run the rear fittings. Thinking about drilling a large hole in the trailing arm for the fitting to sit in, and a small hole in the bottom with a rubber grommet for the air line. Ill figure it out tomorrow. But heres a few pictures. Ill get better pictures of everything tomorrow.

Rolling all the fenders tomorrow to get ready for the new wheels coming too. Thats it for today though.
                          [URL="http://bagriders.com/modlab/"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][B]BagRiders[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

i would think about losing the zender rear, i think the lines would flow a lot better. just my .02 though. awesome project
                            instagram: andyM3
                            Project 90 GLI build thread coming soon

Comment

Keep us posted! There is a write up on r3vlimited on how one of the members did his rear bags but it looks like you already know what your doing. Im really eager in seeing how you do the front because thats the only part I really wonder about.

Comment

the story is awesome. and that Forester is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X