well, here is my complete build thread of my car from start to how it stands today.
I’ve owned the car for over 2 years now and been gradually modifying bit by bit.
Right, this is when I bought the car back in 2010. Its a Ford Fiesta MK6 30th Anniversary Red Edition. Its completely standard.
So the look I wanted to go for is the Euro scene!
I’ll let the photos do most of the talking.
Next was new HID's 6000k. Followed shortly after white side lights and white fog bulbs.
Rear license plate bulbs
Sprayed the Grey plastics Gloss black. I left the front grill grey as I was hoping to get the license plate recess smoothed out.
few days later I decided to spray the fog rings red
Next was a few little modifications
DMB gel overlay badges front and rear and steering wheel.
Boot lock cover and de-badge the rear badges.
Heko Wind deflectors
Next following week. Went down to my mates house with the coilovers and got them fitted!
After 3 hours or so with no draw backs or any issues got them fitted.
Front Units still had 20mm of threads, rear had adjusters still in wounded all the way down.
ST Side skirts, 2nd hand but was in really good condition and was alot cheaper, was a bonus that it was in the same colorado red.. only bad point is that it was missing a jacking cover, but that could be easily sorted.
After god knows how long.. But manage to find a nice set of wheels.
They are Genuine 15" BBS RM 011 6.5j wide all round
The next day took the wheels down to my mates to test fit them to see how they looked.
After a long debate we decided that we could make the back 8.5j and 7.5j wide. adding 2.5inch lips to the backs and 1.5 on the fronts.
Had a day to myself and started splitting the rims up and get ready for the new ones!
was pretty easy just heated round the joining face and on the lip and couple of steady bangs with a rubber mallet..POP! and done!
New wider Polished Stainless Lips from Germany.
Front and back showing.
Found a set of original BBS RM centre caps through ebay.
Took the wheels to get them Powder Coated.
A week at the powder coaters and the results:
Now everything is done, all it needs now is bolting back up and resealed, and set of tyres to be stretched over them.
(2011) Edition 38 was approaching so decided to respray all plastics black including the front lower bumper grill as I never got round to smoothing.
Off goes the plastics.
4 days later plastics back on.
A few photos with mine and my mates car.
And a few photos when we was on way back from Edition 38!
At this stage I was preparing for Ultimate Dub (2012) in March.
Basically just been cleaning them up using some of meguiars metal polish on the lips and bolts and using poorboys wheel sealant all over inside and outside barrel for maximum sealant and protection from brake dust, dirt etc. and fixing the centre caps.
2 weeks later it snowed.. start of February, shocking. Typical UK weather..
anyways some snow pictures!
After the snow cleared off, a goood cleaning session from all the shi**y road grits etc.
Washed etc. etc.
Shortened Stubby Aerial
Old washer Jets
New Mist washer Jets
Hand polishing using Meguiars metal polish and sealing them using Poorboys wheel sealant.
Car then went into bodyshop for some smoothing
Nankangs 165/50 & 185/45 for the BBS's and took them to get them stretched
Play around with the coilovers as I still had 20mm left on the front and adjusters at the back, ended up wounded the fronts near enough all the way, back adjusters removed and we have =
So this was carrying on from when the wheels were on and suspension all adjusted. Just went driving with my mate, just to check for any signs of problems eg. air leaking from the stretched tyres, rubbing, etc. and all is fine even at 70-80 mph on these stretched tyres. Not too bad.
Centre caps aren't on as they are in a middle of some work so the photos of the wheels could look loads better when I have the centre caps on with them but hey? you get the idea.
Ut oH! we did find one problem, the rears poke out slightly too much, but thats what I wanted it to do, poke!. Anyways the tyres are still bit chunky its rubbing my rear arches, problem will be solved anyways with some camber as I originally intended to camber the rears.
Before this is how it sat..
As you can see the tread pattern is a few mm out from the arch.
Sorted that out with Camber using washers
in My eye's my perfect stance!
So day before UD, Which only means a big CLEANing session.
Nice calm sunny day.. perfect for washing.
Washed, rinsed, sealed Etc.. etc.
Lamin-x Yellow fogs
Front windscreen stickers and Plate
Repping the WW <3
Ready for UD.
Day of UD.
Ultimate Dub was a great day out and the show was awesome.
Stayed like this for a few weeks
Did some minor changes for the next show I was attending,
- Headlamps split and sprayed black
- New lower rubber splitter
Recently attended Early Edition38 (2012)