Fiat Punto Mk2 - Euro/Stance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiat Punto Mk2 - Euro/Stance

Right here goes, I've owned this car for over 4 years now and she has been through a lot of changes, good and bad. But she is now on the up with a lot planned for the coming months to get her close to finished if not finished.

Here is a little life storey for her. I bought her is Jan '08 and didn't really do much for the 1st year but then I decided in April '09 to get her low and start smoothing her myself to see what I could do and this is how she turned out (rubbish)
    Running with Mk1 GT3 wheels

Then found out why speed bumps and low cars don't mix, went through my 1st downpipe (of 8 up to now)

Then after a short break it was time to get it sent to a bodyshop to actually get it done right, in early '10 she was born a new car running Alfa 'cloverleaf' wheels

Then came Me being obsessed with low's and dropping the back to match the front

Then came the start of the interior changes, the front seats changed to Alfa 156 leathers with custom brackets, then and OMP roll cage cut and smoothed for the rear half only

Then someone decided to go straight into the back of me kill the bumper and exhaust , this was the 1st of the bad luck over the next 2 years of her life

So because of this went for a 'Marmite' bumper. This was nice at the time for me but I now **** it with a passion and will be gone very soon. This was Trax (sept '10) and she looked the best she did for a while

Snetterton '10

Then came the next bit of bad luck, I ended up front ending someone as the car infornt decided to turn not indicate and cause this crash then disappear. Ontop of this it went back to the bodyshop they 'fixed' some bits but then informed me they were closing down and left me with half a car

So after nearly a year at Trax '11 I decided to get the front end temp sprayed with an Abarth bumper just for the show, and here she was sitting on my other Punto's RH classics.

Then a week after more bad luck and the bonnet decided to un-weld itself to the bracket and come up on the way to Belgium for a holiday. So then had a smoothed/bad boy bonnet off a friend which wasn't sprayed until last week. But while this was going on I was going through a wheel dilemma and didn't know what to have. I'd had Borbet A's and then got these Super Advans

I liked them but they had a sealing issue so had to go so got some my Braid 2 piece Splits out (15x8j 4x108pcd) and got some adapters made to get them on

Then came the decision Feb '12 to get this back on the mend and get it finished so it went into the bodyshop but after some nice problems the colour came out slightly different so she is going for a new full respray in a few weeks but this is how she stood at HOW 9 (Heaven on Wheels)

So now just waiting for to go to the Bodyshop tomorrow to get her booked in ready to finish, she has a new rear bumper there waiting to be fitted to finish it off nicely. While this is going on I will be going to the trimmers to sort out doing a custom dash and get the interior leathered with yellow stitching as i have built an install as well which will be smoothed over and covered in leather. And later in the year she will be getting a turbo conversion and hopefully a smoothed bay with some special extras.

The Spec list up-to now -

CAR SPECIFICATIONS:

- Model : Mk2 3 door
    – Engine size : 1.2 8v
    - Year : 2003/03
    – Colour : Lamborghini Pearl Yellow

ENGINE MODIFICATIONS :

- Focus Induction Kit
    - Full Stainless Ashley Exhaust System

STYLING MODIFICATIONS:

INTERIOR:

- Parts of Dash CC
    - Sports Steering Wheel
    - Alfa 156 Front Seats
    - Stripped out
    - OMP Roll cage

EXTERNAL:

- De-Badged
    - De-Locked
    - De-Handled
    - De-Stripped (doors and bumper)
    - M3 Mirrors with indicators
    - Removed side repeators
    - Braid 2 piece Split rims
    - 20mm wheel adapters
    - Rear Abarth Bumper smoothed
    - Sporting Sideskirts
    - De-wipered/washer (rear)
    - Removed ariel
    - Smoothed Bumpers / Quaters / sideskirts / Mirrors / Handles / Locks / Bonnet / Roof
    - Tinted rear (3) windows
    - MK2b Rear Lights
    - Angel Eyes
    - Tinted Front Lights

CHASSIS:

- Ap front coliovers - (approx 110mm) (have some spax set up the same when is finished)
    - Spax rear springs and shocks (approx 80mm)
    - OMP Strut Brace (CC)
    - Camber shims for the rear

ICE:

- Alpine iDA-X200 Headunit
    - JL Comps TR650Csi (3 sets) (to be built in)
    - JL Sub 12W0v2 x4
    - JL Amp J2 500.1 x2
    - JL Amp J2 320.4 x1

FUTURE MODS:

- Engine rebuild, this will include full change and will be turbo’ing it hopefully get it up-to around 140bhp but keeping it a 1.2 8v.
    - Have engine polished and painted once finished
    - HGT rear axle with disc brakes, and Punto GT front brakes
    - Smooth some gauges in the dash/pillars , i.e. boost gauges etc.
    - smoothing the engine bay and relocating batteries and fuses to the boot so have less wires in engine bay
    - Smooth under the bonnet lid and have it airbrushed
    - New floor lining
    - Roof/Dash/ pillars/ door cards all leathered with yellow details
    - Ferrari 308 gtb wheels (I have these)
    - Alfa 147 steering wheel (i have)
    - Smooth and relocate fuel cap

Don't think I have forgot anything but I will be keeping this up-to date with the progress from now to finish . Enjoy
    Last edited by Bedworth; 03-29-2012, 02:19 PM.

another one from belgium

Comment

I nearly closed after the first batch of pictures, it looked terrible there.

It is an improvement now, not sure I like it though. Looks clean and you've put a lot of work into it. Those wheels though are fucking sweet as!

Comment

Haha, ye looking back i was yound and stupid. Its an aquired taste but im hoping when its finished it will look better as the back kills it for myself but its all change with alot of work going on in the next few months as i have a new daily.

And ye the wheels got the worst reception ever everyone ***** them till they went on and became that colour and now everyone seems to love them. Im tempted to see if i can make the backs 9j though as i think they would look better

Comment

got a few small bits ordered for it now, some legal pressed plates (cheers chris for the link) and some nice gold studs

Comment

i like the bad boy hood

Comment

Thumbs up for the plate placement!
              E30 build

Comment

Originally posted by SCHEI3E View Post
                i like the bad boy hood
                Thanks

Originally posted by MartinsElerts View Post
                Thumbs up for the plate placement!
                Cheers, the back one will be moving to a far better place as soon as the new bumper goes on, and the front one is fully removeable with custom brackets

Comment

well just about managed to get it to mod nats as a adapter stud had snapped so had to get it replaced this also had killed one gold nut thats why i have 3 in 1 wheel and 1 silver one lol

a couple ive been tagged im so far

Comment

Little update

Now have done a bigger brake upgrade using Punto Mk1 GT3 front calipers with Drilled/Grooved/Vented Discs and EBC greenstuff Pads with a Punto MK2 HGT rear axel and rear disc with Drilled/Grooved/Vented Discs and EBC greenstuff Pads. Also did a box change from a 1.2 8v 5 speed to a 1.2 16v 6speed with a 1.4 16v clutch and lightened flywheel.

had to add more camber due to rubbing the tyres on the rear

And currently it is having a custom turbo conversion -

once I have run this for a while I will be stripping it down and relocating all wires possible in the engine bay and smoothing it then getting custom stainless manifold and other parts with the engine being fully polished and painted

little video (running 5psi but it will be running around 15/16psi when finished)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q1s9FiiAPU&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Bedworth's car first drive - YouTube[/ame]

ps - dont worry at the end about him saying about the smell. Its just my HIDs getting too hot

Comment

damn, some work was put into this

sweet wheels, i'd paint em in a lighter color, but who am i

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Yep it has indeed. I did run the wheels in Silver for a time but I dont like them in a light colour if im honest as they dont go with the colour scheme

Comment

I still don't know how I feel about this.

Comment

Too much plastic for my taste... Too clean.

Comment

Working...
                            X