Manyata.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manyata.

Always wanted one of these cars as a kit despite the "gay" theme, so last year when I got my taxes back I just went and bought one...

Thought it just needed a new tie rod and an alignment, but boy was I wrong..

So after some searching I found another and got it installed and started driving the car around. Picked up a set of weak offset/size Rpf1s for a dirt cheap price.

Which I later sold them for alot more than I got them, and used the money to buy coilovers, exhaust, and pay off some bills..

At this point I realized I had never owned a car this low..

The car is my daily so I drove around a while untill I got a set of the xxr 527's in 15x8.25 0 offset.

realized it was dangerous driving around like I did that low, so me and buddy welded up a skidplate.

at this point I was pretty happy with the car, I picked up some side splitters for an FD and cut and reshaped them to fit the miata.

have alot of VW friends so I attended h2oi with the car, got alot of love, and managed to get pulled over for throwing sparks for 2 miles infront of 3 police officers...

(photos by Canibeat and SomeGuyPhotography respectively)
    at this point my skid plate was starting to look like this...

I picked up a hardtop but it was yellow, so i just plasti-dipped it untill I get the car
    Quick Interior Shot...

More skidplate progress along time..

Blew through my resonator fairly quickly as well..

So we fixed that up

Than one night I blew apart a diff, turns out the whining noises were not infact good.. Picked up an LSD and put it in

Got a new diff in just in time to attend a Toys For Tots event with friends.

Than I got stuck trying to leave...

Tore of my front lip a bit down the road from that, than about 15 minutes later...

Now that happened through my skidplate and also took out WhoShaunQ's red vinyl wrapped BMW, and a buddies Rabbit..
    Got the car home, motor out.

While I was there, I did an Exedy clutch, SS clutchline, Poly motor mounts, short throw shifter, and other odds and ends..
    also raised the motor what I thought was only a little bit, turned out to be about 2.5 inches.
    But she ran again, but the hood didnt fit.

After some small modification to the hood we got it on, but fitting terribly...

Rocked a lit christmas tree on her for the entire month of december...

Slowly my frame rails were getting worse and worse, at this point I decided to do V8 Roadsters steel frame rails. Much stronger than the Flying Miata ones. We extended the one out a few inches to protect my brake/fuel lines, made skis for the fronts, and bolted them up.

Then I installed my raised tophats, 2 inches upfront, 2.5 in the rear, which dropped the car down even more..

After a few drinks, figured it would be a good idea/badassery to make my hood fit correctly again, so I decided to notch my hood for the valve cover..

So theres where I am now, less than a year into the car, still doing dumb/fun stuff to it, dailying it when its not the winter, attempting to slide it, backroading, and pissing off miata purists.

Just ordered a bunch of fun stuff for future plans so stay tuned for when I open a bunch of boxes
    The Purple Miata.

Fuck Yes. I love this...your dedication to low is amazing
    Originally posted by Shade
    Yeah I'd be the idiot on here with a slammed Testarossa with some serious camber issues..

Comment

BAAHAHA at the pic of me wasnt expecting that
      BUSTER!
      Low Standards
      Seffer on the Stanceworks
      sigpic

Comment

I phucks wit it

Comment

not a single fuck given. love it

DRIFT BUILD

Comment

not a fan of miatas, but this one is boss.
            Good job and stay dedicated to low

Comment

Hahahaha
              nice
              Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

Your build thread reminds me of my build thread but better. I like you. I like your car. I like this.
                Volvo Build Thread
                Bmw Build Thread
                Toyota Build Thread
                zanebonk instagram
                Tumblrrrr

Comment

Hell Yea Man !

Love seeing this car around man props dude
                  Instagram @stayclassy_

Comment

I've seen your miata a lot...glad to see you made a thread here, I love it!

91' e30 325ix m20 3.1 stroker
                    My Photography http://austingrubbs.wordpress.com/

Comment

definitely diggin this shit
                      My 2012 Fit sport build
                      My EF sedan build
                      LowMonroe:

Comment

I love it, I want it...

Suckee?

Ginge

Comment

haha i love this. The whole mentality behind this car is gold. Speaking of gold, I love those wheels. I don't care if they're "fake" and not step lipped BBS RS', those wheels look good. Keep it up dude

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

I just finished reading that. Was a great read and can't wait to see more.

-Aron
                            "Living life a quarter turn at a time"

Comment

God I love this thing, what coils are you running? I want to be this low someday.
                              IG/TWITTER @alloydhiggins

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X