Project-G Uk Mx5, 250bhp and lows :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project-G Uk Mx5, 250bhp and lows :)

Sup guys, thought i would throw up a build thread to see what you think.

Heres a quick build up to where i am currently:

Soooo....

This is where it all began, a good solid base (Begi GT2560 turbo conversion)

Top bloke which made my 600mile round trip that whole load more easy to collect the 5. It was a great base but had many plans to change it as soon as i got home

First thing i did the next day was strip out the interior:

Removed the RX7 seats and all the dash, crash pads etc etc

I spent ages sculpting my oem seats from my last car to fit my fine behind and had grown attached to the OEM interior look with flocked items, so:

Next up i received some Tinted sidelights from Taiwan as america wouldn't ship to me for some reason:

Then the awesome Project-G fired me over some more things: (yeees my G-Fusers )

There was some in-between stuff that went on, like servicing and wheels selection:

Decided on some XXR 527's to tide me over

Got the arches rolled and flared today by Phil from ArchEnemy, Proper awesome guy and this is my third time using his great service:

Phil doing his thing

This then enabled me to venture off my drive and take a few quick snaps! pics arnt great as i didn't have the right lens and was a tad limited

[ noOnefresher | Project-G ]

That lead me through summer. Picked up some black vinyl to carry on my seal line

Thing where fairly quite so went and got a wheels alignment

Arrival:

Guys lined the car up then decided it would defiantly need some wooden planks to make it on... still scraped like a mofo!

But made it on

Strapped on all the alignment equipment and got to work-

Cheeky butt shot! :ghey:

All finished and sitting next to her younger sibling waiting for its turn to take the stage:

End result:

This was all done at wheels in motion, major props to those guys! They really know there stuff and let me know exactly what was going on the whole time. They questioned me about what i wanted from the car... camber spec's that i needed to run for the height i'm at, and what compromises i could expect but also exactly what they have done and what i have gained .

Then imported a Rspeed lip as wasnt feeling the oem one

Here are some bad iPhone pics of my splitter in place, all of a sudden the realization of my lowness has dawned on me lol.

There goes clearance out the window :paperbag:

On my quest for more USDM influence i wired up my sidelights

That photo appeared on StanceNations FB page which was quite neat

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Then just enjoyed the car for a while taking it to shows, Including the UK StanceWorks end of year meet which was awesome!

Japanese Performance Magazine took an interest and i got a small feature in there mag

Then it hit winter mode

Here is a quick pic of my winter wheels and 'normal' ride height haha

Looks quite nice from the side but move slightly and you soon realise just how rolled and flared i had to have my arches to fit the wide wheels-

Holy awful offset batman!!
    Last edited by Stance_cl; 01-19-2012, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Properly awesome, I love the different tweaks you have on this, rear spoiler, duck tail and skirts

I see my car in the background

Comment

Aaaaaand that kinda brings me upto current date just planning the new summer look

Done a quick photoshop concept of what i want me mx5 to look like:

not happy with the wheels but i'm lazy and cant be arsed to fix them haha.

This lead me on my hunt for new parts:

15x9J BBS RM's in custom Ivory cream

195/45/15 Toyo T1r's

KG Works turn signal intakes

Also got some Runabout M2 mirros coming from the states

If you got down this far thanks for reading, let me know what you think

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
          Properly awesome, I love the different tweaks you have on this, rear spoiler, duck tail and skirts

I see my car in the background

Cheers Jorge, Lots of changes but those will all be staying

I did try to find you at the meet but it being my first and not knowing any faces it was an impossible task lol

Comment

Have to get down to more this year, sorry for replying midway through your updates! Already deleted one post and redid it lol.

Gonna look great on those RSs, the wheels were the only thing letting this car down.

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
              Have to get down to more this year, sorry for replying midway through your updates! Already deleted one post and redid it lol.

Gonna look great on those RSs, the wheels were the only thing letting this car down.
              Yeah i'l be at as many as possible. I quite liked the xxr's.... only problem was they where xxr's haha! too common for my liking. Was on the hunt for RM's or Schmidts TH lines, but finding TH lines in 15x9 proved to difficult.

Comment

Nooooooo...
                It looked awesome on those XXR's, and now your gonna ruin it with those boring, everyone has them, BBS wheels. Love the rest of the car!

Comment

Problem is every single mx5/miata is busting xxr's, not so many running BBS. If some SSR Mk2/3 or TH lines pop up over the next couple of months then the RM's will get traded out. But till then i think Ivory cream rm's will look pretty awesome against the red body

Comment

Hello! I'm a long time lurker here. I have a set of wheels for sale. Spec: 15" SSR Mark I's with 4x114.3 PCD. First pair is 15x6.5 ET +18 Second pair is 15x7 ET +11 The story

Comment

So much win, please keep this updated... RS's will look amazing!

Comment

thats not bad that lol

Only messing Chris, you know my thoughts. cant wait for the trial fit of the RMs

Comment

Cheers guys!

These little beauties showed up at my door this morning

Genuine Runabout M2's, that's another piece ticked off the list.

Comment

Still for the life of me cant get these freaking tyres on! there not even mega stretched! never mind my struggle continues, got a few options left though.

On other news i'v booked my car in for a turbo rebuild, new 3" backbox section and remap as i'm not happy with the map on my mega squirt currently. More soon.

Comment

Riiiiiight! Finaly got these SOB tyres mounted!

Have a small problem now though ... There is a possible leak on two of the wheels, i belive its coming from the actual join between the lips and barrels. Need to do some more investigating but its just another set back for these pain in the arse wheels!

Will be going lower but its all i could be bothered to do in 30mins with the C spanners.

Comment

Working...
                              X