I never really left, but I'm back again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I never really left, but I'm back again

Hi Everyone. Been around here for awhile, but I've mostly just been lurking lately because I got kind of burnt out on the rampant forum douchebaggery that seems to be the cool thing nowadays. However, things are much calmer/classier here than elsewhere, so I thought I'd come back, say hello and show everyone what I've been up to.

This is my old Audi A4 (I think I have an old thread about it somewhere around here), some of the guys who have been around for a long time might recognize it:

Awhile back I got bored with the B6, so I parted it out and sold it. My wife (well, fiance at the time) and I had just bought a house, so it was a good time to sell it to free up cash for the house (speaking of: if you think a project car is a lot of work, try having a project HOUSE! :shootme: ). So, once the B6 sold, I proudly proclaimed to the wifey, "hey, since the Passat is paid off, I'm just going to drive that for awhile to free up money for the house and wedding! Maybe in a year or two I'll get another car, but for now I'll be fiscally responsible."

To which she replied, "That is awesome of you! I'm so proud of you! I love you even more now."

Fast forward a whole 3 days and I pull into the driveway with this:

(What can I say? I'm prone to "ooh, shiny!" moments...)

Sarah was super happy about it to say the least. LOL

Anywho, fast forward a year and a half and the car currently has a few things done to it.

DUH front mount:

Some sweet stickers (and peeling clear coat on the hatch):

Some comfy seats:

And a handfull of other things you can't really see in the pics (dual 2.5" exhaust, downpipes, software, JHM shortshifter, ST coilovers, some weight reduction, etc.)

Do people even actually read the text in long posts like this, or just look at the pics? Incorporate the word "poop" into your response if you actually read this.

I have big plans for it over the coming months (Years? Hopefully it doesn't take that long...).

I have these on the way to me soon:

18x10 with 255/35s all around. Going for a "meaty" stance, will have minimal camber.

Fitting wheels that wide with tires that large will be a challenge on a narrow body B5, so it will be going in for some body work and fresh paint as well. I'm most likely going to keep it Imola Yellow, but I'll be doing a bunch of body work to it first. Shaved rub strips, molded front and rear bumpers, filled exhaust cutout, shaved roof rails, heavily pulled fenders and probably a few other small things.

I also have these waiting to go on:

The biggest thing I have planned for it is the engine though. If I can get my hands on one, I plan to do a V8 swap into this car utlizing the 360hp 4.2L V8 from a D2 S8 (with a shaved bay). Finding these engines is REALLY hard though, so I may just have to stick with the tried and true K04 "stage 3" upgrade or maybe Tial 605s, which are good for about 450whp. We'll see what happens and I'll burn that bridge when I get there.

Anywho, that's it for now.
    -Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread
    Another Frankenbike Build

sigpic

WOAH this poop is ill man. good work.

Comment

That looks like poop.

Love how it sits on the Rotis.

And to getting your wife pissed

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Beautiful poop you have there.

Comment

We need to be poop friends.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

cant wait to see what you do to this, always wished i could have seen the b6 in person, still remember seeing your car when the air forum first started on vortex then always reading through your build while i was bagging my old gli
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

you were capt obvious on vortex right? ive been a fan for a while.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

the b6 was always one of my favorites.
                those new poop wheels are going to look awesome. cant wait to see progress

Comment

lookin' good dude

Comment

This car is probably slow as poop... just kidding, I'm digging this.
                    ///M 2.0
                    G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

Looks like poop

by poop i mean sex.

kinda like anal sex i guess...

but that's a whole nother story
                      IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

Imola yellow is one of my favorite poop OEM colors. Looks awesome dude, can't wait to see more progress.
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Thanks guys, it's definitely a much slower process than my other cars. This whole getting older and being responsible thing can really suck the life out of the wallet and free time.
                          -Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

And I'm surprised how many people actually read.

Poop.
                            -Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

YO your entire car is POOP lol but no seriously those wheels are amazing..

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Working...
                              X