Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The annoying orange.. volvo 440 :)

Hi,
    For a start i must say, that english is NOT my native language, so sorry for mistakes i might make
    Anyways, i have a Volvo 440glt, which is quite uncommon car for most people. Also some say, that it's not a real volvo, cause it's made in Netherlands.
    Well.. everyone thinks what they want, so no judging anybody here.

But about the Volvo. It's made in year 1991, it's a hatchback, has a 1.7 litre engine and a frontwheel drive(sorry for that, i might even fix that in time).
    It's naturally aspirated.. but we'll see for how long it stays like that.

I've had the car for myself for about 2 years, before it was my mums.

The car looked like this about 2 years ago:

By now, it looks like this:

From the last pic is missing flanges for rims.. which are 30mm thick.
    I have few pics.. not very good, but how it looks with the flanges:

So what's happened to the car within 2 years:
    * vw vento/jetta dashboard
    * bmw e34 fog lights
    * modified hood and rear spoiler
    * lips for bumpers
    * rear lights of a facelift model
    * new color(did it myself and has to be done again, cause i fucked up with that )
    * bit lowered and has to be more (enough for this year i think, i need new tires to go lot lower)

What has to be done:
    * re-do the bodywork
    * repaint rims
    * a bit strech tires (175/50/r15 desired)
    * finish the interior with painting/covering the interior plastics and stuff
    * lot lower
    * etc.
    I just have to say, that i'm a poor student and i can't do shit fast.. as i have 2 other cars to build up. But this is daily and i'll do my best to make it look nice.

But now just few pics about build.

It was this low before this years summer..

So that's how it looks. I will do some fresh pics next week i hope, or even sunday.

I also have to mention, that i live on Estonia and it's the ONLY orange 4. series volvo around here.. also i haven't seen any orange 400's in the whole internet too

Anyways.. lots of work done, lots ahead
    Last edited by Invincible; 01-01-2012, 01:30 PM.
    Let's Drag!!!

get some spacers and this is nice
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

I have spacers by now.. i wrote them down as flanges, i couldn't remember the name "spacer"
      As i said.. i don't have any fresh pics of the car with spacers. Only the two that are in the beginning.
      Let's Drag!!!

Comment

lol ok
        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Just got a call from post service.. my wheel centering rings are at home.. waiting for me (i'm in other town for school).
          I also have two new exhaust tips, which i'm gonna weld to stock muffler. I have somekind of aftermarket sportmuffler right now.. but i can't stand the noise anymore.
          Also wheels vibrate alot.. i hope centering rings will loose that..
          Let's Drag!!!

Comment

Removed the gearbox today.. i also fucked up the new one.. so tomorrow i will see what i'll do. I hope i can easily repair the new box, cause the old one made weird noises and didn't work as it was supposed to.
            Let's Drag!!!

Comment

thats one rare volvo right there. never even heard of it.

not fan of the color, but looks different.

nice hood

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

Glad you like it
                Let's Drag!!!

Comment

I wish i had a girlfriend this dirty

It needs HUGE amount of low.. but can't get any this year..i THINK.. but we'll see
                  Let's Drag!!!

Comment

I have never liked the Volvo 400 -series but this looks very nice. Like the color and stance. Wheels would be just a bit bigger

Comment

Thanks... i have to join with your opinion as i don't like stock 400-s either. But i got the car from my mom for free.. so i had to tune it up a little
                      Wheels should be atleast 16", but as i'm a student and i don't have almost any money for the car, i have to do with the 15"-s.

Anyways.. as the vulva was quite high.. i had to do smth about it.. so i managed to work with front fenders to make some space for moar low. I lowered front about 2cm, but i was badly surprised, when there was still too much ruum for tires.. wheelgap was huge..

So i have to lower it more.. but maybe later. It'll do for now.

(height of the phone is 9,5cm)

I also lowered the back alot.. so lot it rubs very badly.. when i drive alone. If i would always drive alone, i would let it be, but i drive often with friends on board, so i gotta raise it a bit. OR i will do some work with rear fenders too..

Problem with rear fenders - they're welded and smoothened with filler, so when i do smth with them, they will crack and i have to do the painting again.. which is acceptable but it's too cold outside to paint anymore.. i don't have inside room either anymore, as my uncle put his golf 2 in the garage

I'll do the best tomorrow to make the rears fit properly. I wouldn't wanna lift the rear, that would be just..wrong.
                      Last edited by Invincible; 10-15-2011, 12:06 PM.
                      Let's Drag!!!

Comment

Nice to see you too in this forum You should probably get better tyres for your car, these look to donuty. But still love your car, hope to see you in the near future

Comment

Yeah i'm planning 165/50/15 for next year.. but those are hard.. maybe even impossible to find in estonia, so i gotta order them from germany

Btw.. who are you?
                          Let's Drag!!!

Comment

it looks good, but you can make it even better with som new wheels, for exampel 16 or 17" and low ET. Nice work!
                            sigpic

Comment

Nice wheels are damn expencive.. so as much as i would like to buy some good wheels,i just can't afford them
                              But thanks anyway
                              Let's Drag!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X