Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H20 build start to finish in less than 16 days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H20 build start to finish in less than 16 days.

Goal: Show worthy car by H20 2011
    Car: 1986 Vw Cabriolet
    Time:16 days start to finish
    To do list:

-install VR6 motor
    -convert to CE2 wiring
    -build exhaust system
    -install New top
    -install new headliner
    -install New carpet
    -strip entire car down and paint exterior, doors, engine bay, under body, fender wells, door jambs, trunk
    -install new wheels
    -install entire new suspension
    -recover or replace interior seats, door panels
    -install new stereo system

pretty much replace everything part on the entire car in less than 16 days, and drive it 13hrs from North Carolina to H20. I will be taking pictures and videos along to way!
    Wish me luck!

DAY 1

I drove to winston salem to pickup the car, about 2 hrs away. Towed the car back (driving condition) drove the car in the shop and this is what it looked like. I drove the car into the door at 7:00pm so we were already behind schedule on day 1

Specializing in Volkswagen, Audi, and BMW service, performance & Fabrication in Charlotte North Carolina

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUeFdWqIQZ4&feature=related"]Mark 1 Rabbit VR6 Swap- Day 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Specializing in Volkswagen, Audi, and BMW service, performance & Fabrication in Charlotte North Carolina

Comment

this is going to be a lot of fun to watch
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

a few hours later we had the motor, front lighting, and exhaust removed.

shots before engine bay prep for paint

DAY 2

started taking apart the convertible top.

removing the mat, headliner and outer top

removed front fenders for prepping

started prepping engine bay for mild smoothing. nothing too crazy here, the goal is a cleaned up OEM plus look. We are removing the pinch welds and re welding them back together. deleting the battery and patching all un-needed holes

stripped doors of the panels, windows, and all glass and seals

removing dash assembly next

windshield is cracked so that will be replaced

Dash removed

no turning back now

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImzqXEQcqbs&feature=player_embedded"]Mark 1 Rabbit VR6 Swap- Day 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Bondo was built up almost 1\4 inch in some places! previous owner didnt prep the paint before spraying it so we ended up taking down to the metal

Thanks to the guys at Blackforest industries, they shipped out all the exterior parts overnight for the build!

welded up the fender lights

pulled the cabby outside and prepped the underside for new under coating, also degreased the engine bay

The transplant

pinch welds are perfect on the car

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UEm8qc_B7I&feature=player_embedded"]Mark 1 Rabbit VR6 Swap- Day 3 & 4 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IXyvs0SFIw&feature=player_embedded"]Mark 1 Rabbit VR6 Swap- Day 5 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

so sick, can't wait to see the finished product

almost makes me wish I was back in north carolina

keep up the great work gentlemen

Comment

Looks awesome man.
                    Should definately convert it to a ute though

Comment

ai, that roof is nastyyy!

Comment

doing it right. very very very right

Comment

Madness! I need to get a rust inhibitor undercoating for my car asap!
                          MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
                          Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

so sick. keep the videos coming. loved watching them

Comment

I wanna see this done SO bad! It's gonna be AMAZING! ......i just know it
                              IG: @OsakaFlocka

Comment

Working...
                              X