The saga of another TE72 wagon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The saga of another TE72 wagon.

Hello all. I have just recently come across a rare find in the Oklahoma City area. A TE72 wagon! I purchased for $900 from a friend. had a new clutch installed, new tires, new cap and rotor, new oil, compression read 150 across all 4 cylinders! Had a new battery too. I am going to apologize for the lack of photos during the lowering process, but its still not entirely done, so i will be taking more photos. I have added a new air filter(pics soon), 3in lowering blocks, and im in the process of cutting my front springs (paradise racing coilovers soon hopefully). I hope you all enjoy the build. I have been looking for a TE72 for almost a year so this deal was too good to pass up! Enjoy!

The attached images in this thread are from when i first bought the car (sorry for the crappy quality). I am posting to the thread itself of how the car currently looks.

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
    Attached Files
    Last edited by joshuawheat; 06-29-2011, 10:54 AM. Reason: updating

hey dude, try posting those with the IMG tag so you can host it somewhere else and we can see a better quality version!

That being said, what are you plans for wheels? Good to see so many rotbo- errr TE72's coming up on here!!

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

cant see the pics...... Bump for another fellow wagon builder... by the way, I started with the 3" lowering kit for the rear and cut springs for the front also..... Just for now because I'm hoping to "Upgrade" the suspension down the road for better handling

1982 Toyota Corolla Wagon TE72 build thread

Comment

What photos are you having trouble seeing? I can see the two of it lowered just fine and the attachments are fine as far as i can see on my computer. let me know which ones you guys are having trouble seeing so i can address the issue. Thanks! i will be uploading more photos soon so i can post them on here.

Comment

Oh and as for the wheels, i have been looking into either the Rota Shakotan 15x8 in the rear and 15x7 up front, or xxr 501 or 522. i personally like the little steelie thing going on haha! but its not really good fitment for the car. looks like bike tires!

Comment

your attached images are probably showing up on your screen because of history/reference but all we see are red x's and then when you click on the attached image link, they come up smaller than 80x80 avatars.....

The Shakotan look bad ass......

Comment

im having issues getting the photos onto the thread. How do you guys normally get them on there? i downloaded them from my email to my computer and im having trouble with them. help please! that way i can post these photos up on the site!

Comment

upload them here http://imageshack.us/ and once uploaded, post the given link and make sure the [img] and [/img] are around the link
                ex: [img]link to the pic uploaded at imageshack[/img]

Comment

Ok... now I think ive got it. Here are some photos of my TE72.

Here it is when i got her

Here are the springs (one stock height and one cut, both are cut now)

Here is my baby now (has no springs up front right now. Still havent installed yet)

I hope you guys enjoy my progress. I love this car to death!! and tell me if the photos arent loading, This computer is a piece sometimes and i got a imageshack account, but it wont let me preview my photos on here.
                  Last edited by joshuawheat; 06-29-2011, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Ill get pics from under the rear soon and of the engine and interior as well. i cut my springs with a circular tool i just bought. I had to have the 3 in lowering blocks modified. I had the hole on the bottom bored out to fit my leaf springs better. I also had to have custom U-Bolts made from Fleetpride to fit my stock bottom plate. everything fits like a glove! I want to get the Paradise racing coilovers for the front. i think that would be my best route. Has anyone tried these? id like to get some feedback on them before i make the purchase. Also, has anyone modified any other coilovers to fit the TE72? is it hard? Ive seen Integra coilovers modified to fit an s chasis 240z (http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009...that-240z.aspx), and it looks sick, but IDK how hard it is. I dont have too many tools (misc. rachets and sockets to cover my needs for now, 2 jacks, jack stands, hammer, hack saw, and a dremel style circular tool), so if i need extensive work done, i have it done at a local shop here in the OKC area, then i install everything myself. Thank you guys for your support, This is my first build so i need all the help i can get!

[IMG] [/IMG]
                    Last edited by joshuawheat; 06-29-2011, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Ok guys!! i finally got my springs right and put back in!!! UGH what a relief!!! ok but seriously it was a pain getting these in. but it rides very well for cut springs actually. no bumpin around like others ive ridden on. but ive got some pics here and i hope you guys enjoy. Also, I put in a new 180 degree thermostat and gasket today. it needed it! it runs absolutely perfect now. my next step is to clean the interior and the engine bay up a little.

Comment

I have a couple of rear interior shots and just a random shot of the car. Still riding smooth and driving very well. Also, I need to know if everyone can see the pics. I was having trouble a couple of days ago uploading them and im just wondering if everyone can see the photos im uploading now. Thanks

Comment

On my suspension setup, i Actually ended up taking one more coil out of my front springs. Im glad i did, the height on my car is perfect for me now. Ill probably end up ging lower later when i get my wheels and tires ordered for the car.

Comment

dooope!

Comment

Some actual interior shots after vacuuming the LIVING HELL out of my car LOL! this thing had some nasty issues that needed resolving. They were resolved with no mercy haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X