I have been trolling on here for over a year now but haven't really contributed much in terms of posting. Well enough is enough, and I have decided to post my build in here as I have a few scattered threads on various sites, but none of the suspension forums really seem to appreciate older cars, so I figure I'd post it here. I have had the car for almost 4 years now, so the build has been started for quite some time and as a result this thread will be a bit of a clusterfuck as I gather all of my info from my previous thread on the tex in here. Basically the car is a 50 trimmed aba blocked 16v with an o2a mutt bolted on the end and a ton of other parts that I could go on for days with. Anyways, the car was running, now it's not. The plan is to change that soon and get it to Mk1Madness in 4 weeks. Here are a few pics to show progress over the years, I'll take updated ones tomorrow when I'm out in the garage.
These are the oldest pics I have of the car, so we'll start from here. Drivetrain is done with ms1 at this point.
Then came coils and wheels.
The bunny farm aka my driveway.
In the garage for the winter.
Engine comes out.
Sanded down for a light shave.
Here is the bay back together. It made it out to a few shows including the first Madness before blowing a head gasket and then bending valves on reassembly thanks to a failing tensioner. So I decided that I would clean up the bay a bit more while the car was down.
Wire tuck time.
Meanwhile I had lent my RM's to a friend who needed wheels cause I'm a nice guy. This is how he repays me
This is the last picture I took before the wire tuck was completed. Unfortunately we had a mystery spark issue that I could never track down, so the Megatoss came out shortly after.
Redid the RM's, but sold them to fund the broken car they were to go on.
Bought and sold these, stupid mistake
Rewiring the car, AGAIN.
Bought these, then sold them a month later. Never even made it on the car.
Bought another set of wheels, this set actually made their way onto the car.
Rare shot of the garage slut outside getting some sun.
Tried throwing digi1 in it last year to get it to h2o but sadly it was not to be. harness was old and I grew tired of the random engine cutouts
The digicrap harness was old and I grew tired of the random engine cutouts it graced me with, so I ripped it out of the car, literally. No pics of this, it was kind of a spur of the moment blind rage thing, so I didn't really think to stop and grab a camera at the time.
Engine is out, again
Megatoss, round 2
Fan circut, check. Launch control, check
The gaping hole in my firewall was fun, but it has worn out it's welcome, time to go.
Engine back in.
Rear bags in, not happy with the wheel gap.
Then I got these.
Almost tucking 13's, thanks to Terry's (www.oldskoolvw.com
) Chapman rod ends. Just imagine how low these would go with drop plates
Most recent in my photobucket, and pretty close to where we sit today.