68 Mercedes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D&W View Post
    hell yea. there is a guy in australia that bagged his w114. I think they had to relocate the rear shocks but it looks tough
    Are you running bags? I am planning to cut the coils for now until I have done enough research.
    http://www.facebook.com/wheelsnmore

http://www.wheelsandmore.co.za

Comment

• Originally posted by ZUBZ View Post
      Are you running bags? I am planning to cut the coils for now until I have done enough research.
      Yes I am on bags. Airhouse 2 bags and accuair management. If I had just cut my springs around 3.5-4" I would of hit/scrape too many things I wanted to be able to raise it up.

you could cut a few inches and be ok probably

Comment

Yes I am on bags. Airhouse 2 bags and accuair management. If I had just cut my springs around 3.5-4" I would of hit/scrape too many things I wanted to be able to raise it up.

you could cut a few inches and be ok probably
        I contacted a few companies and they dont seem to have air ride suspensions for these mercs. Yours looks sick....

Could you please tell me what you running and then I can maybe run the same setup.

Meanwhile I am definitely going to cut coils, on 1 of the other posts somebody mentioned they cut 2.75 up front and 2 at the rear, I am not sure if this means 2.75 inches or 2.75 coils etc....
        http://www.facebook.com/wheelsnmore

http://www.wheelsandmore.co.za

Comment

• Originally posted by ZUBZ View Post
          I contacted a few companies and they dont seem to have air ride suspensions for these mercs. Yours looks sick....

Could you please tell me what you running and then I can maybe run the same setup.

Meanwhile I am definitely going to cut coils, on 1 of the other posts somebody mentioned they cut 2.75 up front and 2 at the rear, I am not sure if this means 2.75 inches or 2.75 coils etc....
          I have AirHouse 2 bags, with Accuair E-level setup - the bags are mounted on custom brackets that any suspension shop that has done air before should be able to make.

These cars are quite easy to bag so it's good and quite straight forward.

Good luck

Comment

• D&W!! Dude you got send me some pics of that set up. Props bro! The car came out sick! Hit me up with some details so i can start getting my merc on the ground too.
            Last edited by rson; 10-17-2011, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rson View Post
              D&W!! Dude you got send me some pics of that set up. Props bro! The car came out sick! Hit me up with some details so i can start getting my merc on the ground too.
              good to see you on here! your in SD right? we gotta meet up
              Last edited by D&W; 10-17-2011, 11:23 PM.

Comment

good to see you on here! your in SD right? we gotta meet up
                Wwoord! Im actually workin on the front suspension right now (replaceing kingpin) and i started thinkin that i would try to bag the benz myself. Let me know wassup. Any tips would be dope.

Comment

Wwoord! Im actually workin on the front suspension right now (replaceing kingpin) and i started thinkin that i would try to bag the benz myself. Let me know wassup. Any tips would be dope.
                  Using mine as reference I think you would be able to, you can just copy it

Very simple install according to the shop that did mine, simple brackets, very very little cutting to the car (like none basically - just a few small cuts to mount the height sensors and some holes to drill the cable stays in)

I am having a slight issue with some rubbing up front (bag to control arm) so that might need to get trimmed a little.

where in SD are you?

Comment

• I can't handle this much class. hat is off to you.

nhoJyauQ/John Quay

E36 Vert Build

Instagram @nhojyauq

Comment

Using mine as reference I think you would be able to, you can just copy it

Very simple install according to the shop that did mine, simple brackets, very very little cutting to the car (like none basically - just a few small cuts to mount the height sensors and some holes to drill the cable stays in)

I am having a slight issue with some rubbing up front (bag to control arm) so that might need to get trimmed a little.

where in SD are you?
                      Well from what i got from taking the front suspension apart is that the bags should be able to just mount up in cups where the spring was. Should be able to just bolt the cups up to the arms and run lines. My problem is that im not sure how tall the cups should be.
                      I wanna bag the bitch myself and am planning on putting the details and pics of the process.
                      I always wanted to bag a my own ride and the merc is gonna be it.
                      You think you could shoot me some pics of the front so i can get an idea of what i should order.

Ohh im in the southbay to.

Comment

Well from what i got from taking the front suspension apart is that the bags should be able to just mount up in cups where the spring was. Should be able to just bolt the cups up to the arms and run lines. My problem is that im not sure how tall the cups should be.
                        I wanna bag the bitch myself and am planning on putting the details and pics of the process.
                        I always wanted to bag a my own ride and the merc is gonna be it.
                        You think you could shoot me some pics of the front so i can get an idea of what i should order.

Ohh im in the southbay to.
                        Yep, they mount right in there with cups, you can measure my cups. there is a guy in esco that is gonna bag his also and use mine as reference, maybe we can all get together some day

I can get some pics this weekend probly!

Comment

Yep, they mount right in there with cups, you can measure my cups. there is a guy in esco that is gonna bag his also and use mine as reference, maybe we can all get together some day

I can get some pics this weekend probly!
                          Did they cut angles in the cups or are the flat. Cause if they're flat this is gonna be easier than i thought. Oh and another thing is it the same setup in the back?..
                          I had the front end apart due to a failed kingpin. The shock saved my suspension from seeing much worse. Get those in if you can ASAP. If the bag fails or worse the kingpin it could get pretty crazy so watch out for that.
                          But any.. Your benz still gets me every time!! Good S***!!

Comment

• so happy to see this thing lowered. I love this car

Comment

• Originally posted by itschrisb View Post
                              so happy to see this thing lowered. I love this car
                              thankyou! I just drove it to the ampm to buy a slurpee and was kinda stoked walking back out to it while it was laying out chilling

Comment

Did they cut angles in the cups or are the flat. Cause if they're flat this is gonna be easier than i thought. Oh and another thing is it the same setup in the back?..
                                I had the front end apart due to a failed kingpin. The shock saved my suspension from seeing much worse. Get those in if you can ASAP. If the bag fails or worse the kingpin it could get pretty crazy so watch out for that.
                                But any.. Your benz still gets me every time!! Good S***!!
                                I am pretty sure they are straight not angled, I have seen some guys angle them before though (aussie minitruck guys)

rear is exactly the same (but maybe slightly diff cup measurements)

i received some new bilstein shocks the other day so they will go in when its back at the suspension place for a check over. Im not driving it much right now as I need to upgrade the alternator, its just not keeping up and battery is not being charged

cheers man. I hope to have my car all sorted with alternator and adjustments to the setup in the next 2-3 weeks

Comment

Working...
                                X