Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 05:01 AM   #1
trenton2345
StanceWorks Newcomer
  • User Status: Offline

Default Can i get a scion tc as fast as a 2006 Mustang Gt?

if i get a scion tc what mods can i get to make it as fast as a mustang please price on the mods are not an issue. I just need to know how to get he hp boosted. Please also where can i go im located...

Old 04-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
Bimmerteck
Administrator
StanceWorks Addicted

I see your other thread and since it's asking about an automatic Scion TC I doubt you be able to make it as fast as a Mustang GT, as it will likely require lots of boost. There is no simple bolt on way to get a TC into the 300hp range, as the mustang GT is quite a contender.( the new ones especially )

I can say that with enough money TCs can be fast but I doubt you have the cash to support your "price on mods are not an issue" statement. The TRD supercharger only got those cars to around 200whp , while Greddy bumped them to 275chp with a turbo. World products (who also compete using several TC "based" race cars) has a turbo kit that could likely put you over 300whp if your willing to build the motor and get it properly tuned, then add brakes and suspension and you could have a mustang killer. . .If it wan't an automatic and you had around 10-12k to spend on modifications.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:20 AM   #3
90probef2t
StanceWorks Visitor

You can make the TC as fast as a GT. idk If it will last more then one pull but with a turbo kit you could. idk if there is a diff between trans. one is prolly beefier than the other.

retaH Please on Facebook

Old 04-09-2011, 11:14 PM   #4
peetiewonder
StanceWorks Visitor
  • Contact this user:

Send a message via AIM to peetiewonder

good luck lol. you should just get a mustang gt if you want to go fast. mustang gt + 3--4k = 400+ whp. Even if you make it faster than a stock mustang it wouldnt take much for the mustang to smoke you.

No Air, Like Jordin Sparks

Old 04-09-2011, 11:50 PM   #5
trism
u mirin?
StanceWorks Visitor

with enough money, anything can be faster than a mustang

Old 04-09-2011, 11:59 PM   #6
Lukey
bogan pride
StanceWorks OG

get a big block and make it rwd

some kids garage
A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
Lukey shut the fuck up
Quote:
Originally Posted by P78 View Post
i'm so tired from al the sex, i can't handle drinks atm lol

Old 04-10-2011, 10:13 AM   #7
NudeLobster
StanceWorks Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trism View Post
with enough money, anything can be faster than a mustang
with enough money, a mustang can be faster than anything.

-Justin

Old 04-10-2011, 03:02 PM   #8
Brandon C
StanceWorks Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton2345 View Post
if i get a scion tc what mods can i get to make it as fast as a mustang please price on the mods are not an issue. I just need to know how to get he hp boosted. Please also where can i go im located...
Looking at your post, I'm guessing you don't know too much about motor work, and I'm guessing you got flogged by a Mustang recently. The fact is, you're not going to be able to race a Mustang, especially not with an automatic car, as implied by another post in this thread. You're better off going for style, honestly, the super-quick TCs that I've seen are usually extremely modified, and almost strictly for autocrossing, AKA impossible DD cars.

The fact is, the 305-315 the stock GT puts out is barely scratching the surface that is the modular 4.6. I know a kid with an 06 who has only done breathing and a tune (headers back, K&N intake), and he's making 370 or so right now, thanks to a good speed shop who knows how to match parts. Getting a TC to match those numbers would require a custom turbo setup, forged internals, and most definitely a manual gearbox.

My advice would be to just enjoy what you have. The TC is a decent little car, it gets pretty good mileage and certainly isn't ugly. Mild body mods and a good suspension setup, plus some good wheels, will make it shine; trying to run a janky turbo setup will only ruin all the good points on the car, and probably make it unreliable.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:10 PM   #9
kramerbuccs24
StanceWorks Lover

youre not in the right car, sorry buddy

Old 04-10-2011, 07:18 PM   #10
Skibum291
Carpe DEEZ
StanceWorks Addicted

stock mustang gt runs maybe 245 at the wheels- a small turbo setup would be more thank enough to walk all over that- numerous turbo kits out there and its cheap as hell to get to 250whp and if you stay sub gt2871 youll be fine with spooling the shit out of it

member # 1168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltron View Post
fast & furious 6 will just be slammed cars. Brians new job is stealing and selling oilpans. the climax of the movie is when torretto has to get over a speedbump.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #11
Skibum291
Carpe DEEZ
StanceWorks Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon C View Post
Looking at your post, I'm guessing you don't know too much about motor work, and I'm guessing you got flogged by a Mustang recently. The fact is, you're not going to be able to race a Mustang, especially not with an automatic car, as implied by another post in this thread. You're better off going for style, honestly, the super-quick TCs that I've seen are usually extremely modified, and almost strictly for autocrossing, AKA impossible DD cars.

The fact is, the 305-315 the stock GT puts out is barely scratching the surface that is the modular 4.6. I know a kid with an 06 who has only done breathing and a tune (headers back, K&N intake), and he's making 370 or so right now, thanks to a good speed shop who knows how to match parts. Getting a TC to match those numbers would require a custom turbo setup, forged internals, and most definitely a manual gearbox.

My advice would be to just enjoy what you have. The TC is a decent little car, it gets pretty good mileage and certainly isn't ugly. Mild body mods and a good suspension setup, plus some good wheels, will make it shine; trying to run a janky turbo setup will only ruin all the good points on the car, and probably make it unreliable.
maybe crank hp- I run 295 at the wheels and can walk a 06 gt with headers, exhaust, software, et, and from 50-130 I am 10 cars easy- below 50 its just a joke

mustang= horrific- unless your talking kenne belle or a turbo your not making above 310 at the wheels on a realistic dyno unless our running stupid compression and race fuel

member # 1168

Quote:
fast & furious 6 will just be slammed cars. Brians new job is stealing and selling oilpans. the climax of the movie is when torretto has to get over a speedbump.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:16 PM   #12
Brandon C
StanceWorks Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibum291 View Post
maybe crank hp- I run 295 at the wheels and can walk a 06 gt with headers, exhaust, software, et, and from 50-130 I am 10 cars easy- below 50 its just a joke

mustang= horrific- unless your talking kenne belle or a turbo your not making above 310 at the wheels on a realistic dyno unless our running stupid compression and race fuel
How much internal work did you do? I'm doubting you just slapped a turbo on and called it a day to get those numbers.

I'm questioning this because ten lengths seems like way too much.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:13 AM   #13
JVC
StanceWorks Addicted

or if price isn't a problem... sell the TC and buy something thats faster than the Stang...

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Old 04-17-2011, 12:35 PM   #14
NWwagon
StanceWorks Visitor

Quote:

hit the nail on the head, ive seen some quick tC's but they are strictly track cars and not DD"s. honestly your better of with the super charged TC and enjoy it for what it is

Old 04-17-2011, 05:36 PM   #15
Skibum291
Carpe DEEZ
StanceWorks Addicted

Quote:
How much internal work did you do? I'm doubting you just slapped a turbo on and called it a day to get those numbers.

I'm questioning this because ten lengths seems like way too much.
i had an s4- im just saying with the correct setup you can easily walk a stock gt

member # 1168

Quote:

Old 04-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #16
Brandon C
StanceWorks Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibum291 View Post
i had an s4- im just saying with the correct setup you can easily walk a stock gt
Oh, I thought you were getting those numbers on a TC, an S4 makes much for sense. Agreed on the turbo setup, though, for certain cars.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:23 AM   #17
I_R_5m4r7
StanceWorks Visitor

i didnt see anyone mention anything about torque. just because a car has more horsepower doesnt mean it has more go off the line or even from a roll. a stock mustang will almost always eat a tC just for the simple fact its a rwd v8 and a tC is a fwd 4-banger. HP numbers out the window, it would take a ridiculous amount of work to get a tC anywhere near powerful enough to destroy a mustang. u might squeak by with a win by a nose if the stang misses a shift and u spent like $8k...im not a stang nutswinger, i actually **** mustangs, but i have seen a >400hp stang do a 10.66 in the 1/4...jussayin

Old 04-19-2011, 07:32 AM   #18
Anonymoose
StanceWorks OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton2345 View Post
I just got smoked by a stang in my auto tc, how do I make it faster so I can go back and race this guy again in between lights? I've seen all the F&F movies so I know it's possible...

Old 04-19-2011, 07:58 AM   #19
Joshbm
StanceWorks Addicted
  • Contact this user:

Send a message via MSN to Joshbm

Troll?

Old 04-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #20
Stephen
Super Moderator
StanceWorks OG
  • Contact this user:

Send a message via AIM to Stephen

This thread is stupid, the troll is obvious. couple more dumb posts and this is over.

Flickr

Old 04-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #21
Stephen
Super Moderator
StanceWorks OG
  • Contact this user:

Send a message via AIM to Stephen

(danger to manifold)

Flickr

Old 04-25-2011, 11:18 AM   #22
WarShrike
StanceWorks Visitor

Or buy a Formula Firebird for well below $10K, Texas Speed & Performance Magic Stick Camshaft with a tune and you're rocking the face off just about any stock/bolt ons car you come across

Or get a junkyard Fox Body Mustang, $2000 in parts from Summit or Jeg's and you'll probably be running 10s in the 1/4...

Just FYI, there's always going to be somebody faster.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #23
Madhatter
StanceWorks Addicted

just try it

Old 04-28-2011, 02:59 PM   #24
JasonB
caca
StanceWorks Regular

with neough money, anything can be faster than anything.

on a side note, this is dumb. scion tc is not a good choice for fast.
91 MR2 Turbo SOLD

Old 04-29-2011, 12:21 PM   #25
yotatuner
Ivan
StanceWorks Regular

tc's are for 18year old girls,there gay

Closed Thread