Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about buying replica wheels?

Think again, Think harder.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJeFB6SRslk&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Dangerous imitation wheel !![/ame]
    Originally posted by anth
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Thanks for posting this. Really great demonstrations that show the end results of two different manufacturing processes materials etc.

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

WAIT A SECOND.........!!

didn't Weds wheels get their start as a imitation wheel company?

Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

Okay, so, I won't encounter stuff like that on the road, big weights that fall on the wheel.

I'll just order a set of Rotas now.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Too late, already bought a set

Comment

Had a guy at the track on rotas this past weekend smash them to bits on a turn, didnt hit a bump, they just gave out. Other side was already cracking really bad but hadn't shattered yet so its not some "manufacturing defect" its just a shitty wheel.

Compare that to the TE-37's on our 996 that have seen years of track use and not a single crack.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

This is a very sore topic on bimmerforums

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Lol, I've been trying to tell E46zone that reps are gay, but as of yet not one person has listened.

Comment

good info
                  HoodRatStatus
                  Instagram @looneylow

Comment

WHAT?!

Forged is stronger than cast?

Absolutely shocking.

Really though, I'm rocking Rotas and they're perfectly fine as long as you don't track with them, eat a curb hardcore, or have a massive weight slammed into the side, as the demonstration points out.

The Miata got what it deserved; why was he driving with one wheel already cracked? Why does a light Miata rock heavy ass wheels, ON THE TRACK, especially when 15x8 cost very very little compared to 18x anything?

Remember it's always a cost/benefit analysis; I wouldn't spend several thousand for strong light wheels without having a need for light strong wheels (track).

Comment

One of the wheels may have been cracked, but I think what is being said is that both damages occurred on track that same day, and they didn't find that crack until they took it off the track.
                      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Yeah, so Weds is better than knockoffs derr...

One of the reasons they cost more.

Most knockoffs aren't unsafe to daily. Most major companies like Rota and Konig meet JWL standars if I'm not mistaken (even if they don't necessarily exceed them).

And besides, being a replica isn't what makes a wheel less strong, it's being manufactured shittily.

Comment

Working...
                        X