No bags, OEM Hydraulics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No bags, OEM Hydraulics...

Not sure if most of you are aware, but Mercedes station wagons come with hydraulically assisted rear suspension from the factory, called "Self-Leveling Suspension" where the rear shock is filled with hydraulic fluid, powered by the power steering pump and lowers or raises the car in the same sense as traditional hydraulics. Up until now I taught that the range on it was only a couple of inches, but after tweaking the regulator today I found out I can literally DUMP the car or raise it back to stock height with the flip of a lever.

So I did, this is at the lowest setting;

Fender was resting on tire, so I raised it back up a bit until I get the fender lip rolled from a V into a U, heres how its riding now:

For some reason, after lowering the back the front rose up a bit, so over the weekend I'm gonna cut some front coils to even it out;

Basically tho, if I wanna go bags in the future, I really only need to get some for the front because the back ride height control is already there is beautiful factory form. One thing tho, and its already on it way.. the rear needs some camber bushings real bad as my rear tires last only 5k miles, and that was when the car was 1/2" higher.

Just lower the front and it'ss be golden!
    Hitch is looking good!

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

Congrats! Wagon is getting better and better. I want to see this thing in person one of these days!

Comment

gonna chop the front springs this weekend or when the camber bushings come in next week since the springs gotta come out anyways. The towbar actually serves a dual purpose, for one it tows the motorcycle trailer, but I leave it on daily to deter the typical bump'n'park dicks that destroyed my last wagon's bumper every time I'm in Long Beach or Hollywood.

I'm trying to rig up a servo motor to control the rear hydraulic shock actuator lever so I can change the ride height without having to get under the car.

Nelson, I don't go to meets much but when summer comes and I might check out a few, I'de like to check out your car too since that pic in your signature is the only one I've seen of it.

Comment

lol this is exactyl what happened to my buddys "bangwagon" i posted.
          i made him lower it as much as he oculd in the rear.
          then demended the front ssprings be cut haha

car looks sick! cant wait for the new pics
          -Matt

Comment

that rear

member # 1168

Originally posted by Deltron
            fast & furious 6 will just be slammed cars. Brians new job is stealing and selling oilpans. the climax of the movie is when torretto has to get over a speedbump.

Comment

moneeeey!
              never see these in florida.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Looks good

Comment

I had no idea Benz did that to their wagons, very cool.

Comment

Siiick! love 210 wagons!

Comment

Originally posted by wagonist View Post
                        gonna chop the front springs this weekend or when the camber bushings come in next week since the springs gotta come out anyways. The towbar actually serves a dual purpose, for one it tows the motorcycle trailer, but I leave it on daily to deter the typical bump'n'park dicks that destroyed my last wagon's bumper every time I'm in Long Beach or Hollywood.

I'm trying to rig up a servo motor to control the rear hydraulic shock actuator lever so I can change the ride height without having to get under the car.

Nelson, I don't go to meets much but when summer comes and I might check out a few, I'de like to check out your car too since that pic in your signature is the only one I've seen of it.
                        Towing trailers with hot sedans/tourings is damn hot!

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

I have to modify the trailer now because the tounge height on it is much higher now then my towbar's ball so the trailer hooks up at an angle which is no good as it puts too much weight on the rear of the car. Got to either lower the trailer now (maybe flip the leaf spring if thats possible) or modify the tounge receiver so that its lower and the trailer sits level.

btw, since I had an IM about this on here and on another forum, the towbar (aka man penis bar) is actually a European Bosal unit and is 100x beefier then the Class 1 garbage we have here in the states. Its mounted to the structural unibody frame rails at 3 different points throughout the trunk area and is rated to pull up to 4900 lbs (2250 kg) so I can pretty much pull my own cars weight including trailer if I really wanted to, while I honestly wouldn't feel safe towing even a hot dog cart with the Kurt Class 1 US hitch as it attaches to only sheetmetal with no reinforcements. With my small 4x6 trailer and 2 dirt bikes on it I barely even notice I'm pulling anything at 70mph.

I just recently realized that the Miro STP-3 are OZ Mito replicas so I might get a pair and toss it on the trailer to complete the look

Comment

Hey whats up Nelson09. Ive seen your car rolling around costa mesa. I think we're neighbors bro. I live right around newport off the 55. Holla at me man. Your Benzoo is one of the cleanest ive ever seen!

Originally posted by NELSON09 View Post
                            Congrats! Wagon is getting better and better. I want to see this thing in person one of these days!

Comment

looking good bro
                              [

Comment

Working...
                              X