My Blister BN 200sx Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Blister BN 200sx Build

soo as requested by a few of you thought would pop a few pics of my build up.. and then thought.. Nahhhhh

so decided to just throw it all into a little video cos its easier to look through and you get music

so here is it

got alot more pics and stuff but that vid has the main bulk of it

Here is the Writeup From pre BN kit!!

So just over a year ago i got my 1999 200sx s14a touring manual,

had a variety of cars over the years including a scooby, civic type r, pimped out Range Rover on 22's and a bmw z3

the spec of the car before the BN kit Build

External Bodywork + Wheels

• ULTRA RARE -> Racing Hart CP035r 18” x 10j wide alloy wheels, rattlecan black with red vinyl squares
    • Bomex Side skirts
    • Red brake calipers
    • Bomex Spats
    • Touring Front splitter
    • Smoothed Front Number plate bulge
    • De-spoilered
    • Crystal Indicator set
    • Tanabe Tuning Tow hook
    • Random Stickers (for extra bhp)
    • 6000k HID’s with iced white sidelights to match

Interior + Ice

• Cream Leather throughout with alcantara door cards,
    • Corbeau Recliner on Bride Super Low Rails
    • Sparco Snap off steering boss with Nardi wheel and sparco horn
    • 10-disc CD Changer in boot
    • High End sony headunit with full control setup for ice
    • Fli 7” rear components
    • Blitz Intelligent Turbo Timer
    • Blitz DSBC Boost controller
    • Air con, EW, all the normal mod cons, stalk controls etc
    • Luke 3 point Harness
    • Full interior gauge setup, Boost, Volts, Oil Temp, Water Temp, etc
    • Armageddon ULTRA SLIM 10” subwoofer and amp in boot

Engine and Exhaust and Chassis

• Japspeed full turbo-elbow back decat exhaust system
    • Apex Type-2 FMIC (no cutting involved) and uprated metal pipes
    • Apex Coilovers (6k/5k)
    • Driftworks rear camber arms
    • Apex locking collars
    • Splitfire Coilpacks
    • Nismo 555cc injectors
    • Walbro fuel pump
    • Horsham Developments Stage2a ECU Chip/remap
    • Apex type 3 Manifold
    • Cusco front strut brace
    • Metallic red rocker cover
    • Ultra low Japspeed twin downpipe *to be fitted*
    • Japspeed Turbo elbow
    • Japspeed Toe Arms

Braking

• DB Power 315mm front disc kit with Ferodo ds2500 fast road front pads
    • Brembo Plain rear discs with Red Stuff rear brake pads

a few pics of the car from when i bought it to now engine bay shots to follow after, more specs and pics etc to come, (im a pic whore)

Right so moving on

Got a phone call from my bodyshop guy saying that he was going to start up his own business and he was looking to sponsor a car, and as he was familiar with mine he would liek to use my car, told me all labour was free and just needed me to pay for the reduced rates on paint and parts etc, so jumped at the chance, was happy with the car how it looked, BUT have always wanted a wide arch car and some seriously dishy wheels..

so spoke with replikit and they also said they would happily sponsor me for a wide arch project, but wanted 1600quid +vat for me to drive up and them to fit the kit, but no smoothing and just bolt it on. i said no thanks and spoke to EP where Leon was great help and sourced me a BN style Blister Kit

i know its not to alot of peoples tastes and alot of people are all about the stock look, but hey, its my motor and its the only time i will have an oppurtunity to do something like this as im 23 and just graduating uni.

So took delivery of my rediculously large bodykit on thursday

And set to work on stripping my car to stock to help out with the speed

started sourcing some bits and bobs for the kit while its in the shop

and have also found my new wheels and ordered them from japan, so awaiting delivery from these chunks of metal

50mm spacers and some Indicators for the BN kit

and new rims

and popped to the bodyshop to check up on the progress of the car, pretty chuffed, windows are coming out 1st thing in the morning and the rear arches will be getting cut and sealed tomorrow afternoon, whole car is up on ramps and wings are fitted and stock bodywork is stripped including interior

Comment

so few pics from the shop. still fitment issues with the front bumper, as you can see

rear arches are stripped and ready for cutting, rear fenders have been trimmed right down to make them flush and fit as they were a lil off.. and the front arches have been trimmed also to fit, all windows have been removed as well

kit is partially fitted, arches are trimmed, sealed and hammer welded, and rear quarters are trimmed and fitted, front bumper issue has been resolved by cutting a wedge out of it, but need to get the rest of the kit on to ensure it lines up perfectly.

[IMG]http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss104/Cannon_scooby/S14a%20RESHAPEso BIG update here, may not look like we have done alot, but loads has been done behind the scenes

due to the fitment of the front arches jamie has trimmed and grafter some of the orignal metal arches onto the front fenders to let them line up properly..

they look like so now..

Have started Fabricating a knock up fuel cap system to make sure there is not some horrible gap you can see into the bodywork with

and inside of arches are now fully welded and both skins sealed on the rears, flared out and made to reinforce the fibreglass fenders

The Actual Fenders have now been fitted and have been smoothed in, involved bout an inch being trimmed off them and now they line up perfectly with the lines on the boot and the rest of the car, ust needs a lil more sanding,

here is 1 before and a few AFTER shots

and now just a few of how she is sitting in the shop

should be ready for painting this weekend

/utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDMtMjAxMDA5MjAtMTM0Ni5qcGc.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

yes my mate is fisting my 14a

not a huge amount of progress but loads of behind the scenes work going on reinforcing the kit

Now my main concern was that the wheels, as the stock ones are sittin on a 50mm spacer on the rear at the moment, so thinking i may only need a 25mm spacer or maybe none at all with the new new wheel fitment

went to the bodyshop today

few pics

have managed to get house of kolor candy red/burgandy for £40 a litre as its discontinued, which is nice.. so got 5 litres of that, and also got the black undercoat and primer etc all ready, just need to sort out a few little niggly bits with the kit and the last bit... so another delay of 2 weeks.. but will be worth the wait IMHO

besides still not got the wheels yet from japan.. ETA is bout 1st nov hopefully

heres the pics

Took delivery of these badboys

Originally posted by LewyS14a
        Very nice :
        Originally posted by kingj
        awesomeness:clap: Im looking forward to this fella:nod:

cheers lads

One for the dish fans

and gave them a lil polish with some stuff quickly

Comment

went down to the bodyshop today

so the rears with a 15mm bolt on fit like the pics show below.. and petrude from the arches by out 50mm, so with the 15mm shim off they stick out by 35mm .. i will be using the 15mm bolt on as it gives a lil more clearence from the suspension struts etc

and without the 15mm shim on the rear-->:>

ON the front they are flipping close to the suspensino strut, no rom for a tyre at all

so will be getting rid of the 50mm spacers and using a 25mm spacer to give some safer clearence

heres the pics

so now just need to work out tyres etc, thinking a 255 on the rear and a 235 on the front

SO got tyres today... went for a 235.40.18 on the front on the 10j

and on the 12j rears went for a 275.35.18

took a few of the guys to team fit the tyres as well LOL!

o and for a laugh this is what they said i needed to fit on the rear.. 295.30.18

After a test fit on the rear with a 15mm bolt on spacer on the rear i decided no spacer would be needed.. lol

Then took the 15mm off.. dropped the car and let it settle and this was how it sat... may need to dial in a lil camber

and then moved to the front

tried a 25mm spacer, and had a rediculous amount of arch gap to fill on the stance, so went for the 50mm spacer and couldnt jack the car down all the way due to time, but with a 50mm on the front sits almost perfect, however could do with the 40mm to give room for steering room etc as its gonne be sitting very very tight to the arch otherwise, could also do with adjusting my apex gen 1 coilys to make them fit a little better as well

pics are rear to front, front to rear view, and then angled view with the 50mm on

and a show of the paint colour, house of kolor brandywine red

it looks a lil darker in the pic tho...

Comment

sooo finally some pics of the front bumper fitted and smoothed

had to cut it down the centre, cut it down both sides and remould it and reinforce it so it would sit properly

wooop

Right went to the shop today...

we are spraying... NOW.. lol... as he wanted the thumbs up before we started spraying, i took alot of pics today so be warned about this update being PIC HEAVY!!!

sorry if ur on 56k

but please look and be amazed at how the rear bumper lines up perfecly.. THE FRONT BUMPER now lines up perfectly, no overhang at all not from the wings to the bumper.. (from cutting almost 2 inches out of the middle)

Heres the pics

Comment

heres a little before and after for you lot to see why the front bumper took so long to fit

shows how great the original kit fit was

Comment

SNEAKY PIC

obv doors and front wings and bonet etc etc etc are all being sprayed at the same time, but not on the car so we can do the door sills and the fidgety bits and get it all blended so it looks like a proper spray rather than a respray

these were off jamis blackberry so excuse the pic quality.. when i get a chance i will pop down to the shop

ETA is whenever the windows get refitted.. so im gonna say wednesday pending the snow clearning.. or before if the snow before

i am kinda glad i havent got the car back yet cos knowing my luck some douche would crash into it due to the snow, besides i woulda wana be plowing the road with my front bumper

anyway some colour for you all

ok well i went and saw the car today, bout an hour before the windows went back in, paint is great, needs a good flattern and polish tho and a few waxes to make it mint, claims to be ready by tomorrow night, im gonna say thursday night/fri to be realstic but if so i am not gonna be complaining

took a shedload of pics, was gonna just post up teaser ones.. but u guys will b*tch at me LOL

so here are some pics from my lil pop down today,

PLEASE remember the car is just paint, its not flattened or polished yet, and is half wet+dryed (you will see by the roof lol)

PICS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SidewaysThough
                  Well, Cannon is at work, so ill put a lil teaser up! The car started, it was just flooded to hell. And after spending a lot of tiem in the cold last night, playing with ride height, camber, and spacers, the results, well.......................

Comment

DROOOOOOOOOOOOL over daze's pic skills

heres a few

hope he doesnt mind me posting these up

Originally posted by Daz
                    Cracking Pics by Daze there.

Once that chicken wire has gone then you've got one stunning car right there :thumbs:

yeah soon as i get the indicators sorted i will sort the chicken wire mesh out

got new camera today so got the car cleaned, need to get a few coats of wax on it

just a few to show how the colour changes in different light

and a few after i got the car detailed

more pics

Comment

And a few of the stance thanks to Chris from the meet today

and a few from playing on photoshop

Comment

and a few from friday getting the car tracking done

including my new sticker

thats bout it for now folks.. sorry for the MEGA THREAD of pics

Comment

Awesome thread, vid, and pics. Absolutely love this car.

Could you do me a favor though and go back and hit enter between the pics that are lined up next to eachother. It makes the thread super annoying to read having to scroll sideways constantly.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

So awesome, I love this car, build thread definitely delivers.
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Looks Good

Comment

Working...
                              X