91 Ford Festiva build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 Ford Festiva build

So I've been into Ford Festivas for a while now and am an active member over at Fordfestiva.com. Just figured I would post my build thread here to get some outside criticism, compliments, opinions, etc. I know not everyone loves these little beasts, but it's always good to give it a little bit of exposure! Here is the car when I first found it sitting in a field behind a building...

To say it was a mess is an understatement! It was only $100 so I can't really complain....I did have a lot of work ahead of me though. I had to have it towed home because the PO didn't have a key for it, a battery in it, didn't know if it ran anymore and it had been sitting for 3+ years!
    First thing I did was get it running, replace driver's window, add a set of mazda protege mirrors, limo tint the windows, and thoroughly clean it, haha

Then I found a front bumper at the jy I liked so I made it fit...

I liked the rear bumper so I made that fit too...

Then I did a ford aspire suspension swap to get a 4x100 bolt pattern and threw on a set of miata "daisy" wheels...

To be continued in part 2!
    Last edited by lanemeyer14; 11-18-2010, 09:14 PM.

Nice. My friend has a 4door Aspire I'm trying to get him to slam.
    Originally posted by macleanshaun

Should have stuck with bags and RSs.
    It's a failsafe method to celeb status.

Comment

daisy love! can't wait to see your progress. I love when people fix up cars that most people ignore.

edit: I love how the daisies already look flush. wish that was the case on my NB.
      Last edited by snooki; 11-18-2010, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by snooki View Post
        daisy love! can't wait to see your progress. I love when people fix up cars that most people ignore.
        Haha, yeah same here. They are so cheap and easy to work on. I didn't have any experience with cars before I got into festivas. I've got a lot done with it now, just didn't wanna put the entire build in one post

Comment

Ok, so then I painted the daisies bronze...

Cut the stock springs and started on the body work too...

Then started the $50 paint job!..

Put it all back together....

Added a jy front lip, sideskirts and rear lip..

Comment

LMAO.. car is looking good man!! Need more pictures
            -Drake-

Check out: www.midwestce.net

Comment

FUCK YES, please do it justice, give it air and drag the frame rails all over town.

The impulse bumpers look good, but in my opinion take the lip off of the rear bumper, it makes it lower than the rest, at least in the pictures. I think without it it would be even.

I've seen pictures of these and the geo prizm slammed on air and it looks so dope. Good luck with the build
              Hopeless Romantics

Comment

Adorable.

I vote remove the springs and ride on bumpstops.
                Stance-less

Comment

Funny, I was just thinking of what to do to one of these if I had one the other day. I really like it so far, keep up the good work man.
                  [

Comment

<3
                    im josh. i have a supra

Comment

whats the rear spoiler from? liikes like it would fit my wagon pretty good lol.
                      14's seem huge on these cars lol, ide say throw donut tires stretched on those wheels and dump it lol.

Comment

i think sport compact car had one of these as a project years back. if memory serves, they put a 323 gtx motor into it.

Comment

Awesome!
                          Adorable cars...UNITE!
                          Hopeless Romantics

Comment

Not my cup of tea at all, but I give you an A++++ for the effort! Keep it up!
                            Basco

Comment

This is in my top 5 favorites on the site.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X