StanceWorks Visitor
  • User Status: Offline

very unique.. I like
Old 10-18-2011, 09:22 PM   #502
padraigmk3
DeathSquad
StanceWorks Addicted

Well, It's time to let the dead cat out of the garbage bag. I've decided on an engine for the swap:

The 2JZ is by far the best option when you factor in the cost, power, and the amount of time required to do the swap. I'd be a real dick-fuck to not choose what is arguably the greatest consumer production engine Japan has ever made (if you like the RB26, that's cool too). The 2JZGTE has been swapped into just about every car under the sun and then some. It's capable of making good numbers on stock internals, and after BPU will make around 400HP on 17.4PSI.

I plan on making around 800.

The build I'm doing so far is:

Ball Bearing Turbo - Garrett GT4294R/GT4202R (aka GT42R / GT42RS)

Titan Motorsports 280/10.4mm high lift cams

50/50 water/meth injection

Quick spool valve

Want to know how much all of this is going to buttrape me?

Add on $2,000 for a used 2JZGTE, $540 for the harnesses being mated, and satan only knows how much for the rods/ piston heads/ valve springs/ retainers/ locators/ intake/ injection/ human bones/ child labor.

Yeah, I know. You're probably doing this right now:

This is why the Death Squad store is open. ALL of the proceeds go DIRECTLY towards paying for what will be an insane, tire shredding build. I don't have the income to do this on my own, so I need your help.

http://deathsquad.bigcartel.com/

P.S. The size small black t-shirts have already sold out!

Hope all you dudes out there have a wicked Halloween, and get lots of candy from pretty moms.

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _
Old 10-18-2011, 09:31 PM   #503
Richard_Gud.
StanceWorks Addicted
  • Contact this user:

Send a message via AIM to Richard_Gud. Send a message via Skype™ to Richard_Gud.

you're awesome lol

Old 10-18-2011, 09:32 PM   #504
Richard_Gud.
StanceWorks Addicted
  • Contact this user:

Send a message via AIM to Richard_Gud. Send a message via Skype™ to Richard_Gud.

should make a decal in impact font that just says
DEATH
SQUAD!

I'd rock it.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #505
340i
StanceWorks Regular

how does this keep getting better and better?! haha its so good.

you will want to add in a supra 6 speed too though, the R154's are good but they're not 800hp good. id leave the cams and internals etc till after you've got the money to do it and just run low-ish boost, so we don't have to wait to long to see this badboy hittin the streets. those bb garrets are killer expensive too, you could probably get similar results with maybe a BW turbo for a lot less?

keep it up mate, i enjoy following this build

Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i
Old 10-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #506
HooWybrow
Angering the Internet.
StanceWorks Lover

I fucking love you.

All homo, I dont even care anymore.

A fucking +

EDIT: Yeah, I just jumped on his dick. Fuck you.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #507
SCHEI3E
StanceWorks Visitor

Oh hai there. Fancy meeting here...
Now that you're leaving town, we'll have to be e-buddies. sadface.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:05 PM   #508
padraigmk3
DeathSquad
StanceWorks Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Gud. View Post
should make a decal in impact font that just says
DEATH
SQUAD!

I'd rock it.
There's something in the store just for you then!:

http://deathsquad.bigcartel.com/prod...le-six-sticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340i View Post
how does this keep getting better and better?! haha its so good.

you will want to add in a supra 6 speed too though, the R154's are good but they're not 800hp good. id leave the cams and internals etc till after you've got the money to do it and just run low-ish boost, so we don't have to wait to long to see this badboy hittin the streets. those bb garrets are killer expensive too, you could probably get similar results with maybe a BW turbo for a lot less?

keep it up mate, i enjoy following this build
As usual, good ideas. The getrag 6 speed is pretty damn expensive. They're rare, and will be something that I'll have to add to the pile of bullshit I'm going to have to sell my soul for.

Just kidding. I have no soul.

This whole build will have to be done in stages. I wanted to be able to do internals when I break the engine down and rebuild it before it goes in, but if it comes down to it then I'll just slap the 2J in there and roll with BPU for awhile.

Inbox me and let me pick your powerful, manly brain..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooWybrow View Post
I fucking love you.

All homo, I dont even care anymore.

A fucking +

EDIT: Yeah, I just jumped on his dick. Fuck you.
Thanks dude! But please, take your shoes off before you jump up and down on my dick. It's like, three inches and mangled as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHEI3E View Post
Oh hai there. Fancy meeting here...
Now that you're leaving town, we'll have to be e-buddies. sadface.

THIS GUY. THIS GUY RIGHT HERE.

SCHEI3E has one of the nicest MK3 Golfkarts I ever dun seen with my own eyes.

I wuv you buddy. Gonna miss you for sure.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:16 PM   #509
cobrawannabe
Society Gang Status Fam
StanceWorks Lover

Just checking in to make sure...

Yup. Thread's still awesome.

Your blast pipes look stupid.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:49 PM   #510
Team_Gileto
StanceWorks Regular

this thread makes me warm n fuzzy. i'll be sending you monies soon
Old 10-19-2011, 12:12 AM   #511
JPE16
StanceWorks Visitor

Love it dude!

I will be buying stickers...do you accept payment in pieces of string or strictly dead cats?
Old 10-19-2011, 12:43 AM   #512
Remi
StanceWorks Newcomer

First off I effing love your car so take this as constructive feedback from someone that wants to see your car succeed

Don't go with the Garrett, to much $ for what is basically a decade old CHRA design
You need a borg warner EFR.

http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_artic...ature-set.aspx

Might look like it costs the same but remember you don't need to spend 5-900$ on BOV's wastegates and the related solenoids and plumbing for them. You'll have a better turbo at nearly 50% of the price.

Points for engineering overkill but in the interest of wanting to see this car on the road before you have to start selling organs and/or your body, you can also save some serious $ by just not buying that fuel setup and making your own system. An in tank pump feeding to an external pump, setup your own AN lines. You don't need that rail for "only" 800 hp. The supra guys like titan play big, they need rails that can support 1000% of stock capacity, you're "merely" doubling it haha (only in the 2jz world is 800 hp in the small end of things)

You don't need that much $$ in fuel parts to make 800 on a 2jz, there are guys locally making well over 1k on less fuel than you have setup there. Hell even dropping the tank, making a custom an feed to an external pump and a swirl tank will cost less than that setup

Something like this:

http://www.extremepsi.com/store/prod...at=1561&page=1

I would definately stick with the R154. its 90% as good as the Getrag (my wagon uses the same trans) but at about 10% of the cost. You can still find R154's in junkyards for 150$, asme cannot be said for the getrag 6. You can blow up 10 R154 for the price of one of those.

Last edited by Remi; 10-19-2011 at 01:10 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:00 AM   #513
DannyE32
OO=[ ][ ]=OO
StanceWorks Addicted
  • Contact this user:

Send a message via Skype™ to DannyE32

love the thread, love the OP, love the ride, but love the model the most.. :|

Instagram: dankasrz_s666
Old 10-19-2011, 01:11 AM   #514
Rebounder
The Rogue Raccoon
StanceWorks Lover

this was exciting. now it's just another supra chasing power... hold on,

the next cookie cutter supra is on line 2.
Hatchbacks, wagons... It's NOT all the same. You want in? Don't get a mazda 3, get a mazda 6 wagon. Don't get a wrx get a legacy wagon. and theres a reason the A3 isn't called the A3 avant... Scion does not make a wagon it makes a weird van, but no wagons

Sincerely,
The Wagon Mafia:Inner Circle
P.S. Is your tail a wagon?

Show cars are lame.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:47 AM   #515
Jesus Christ
Rise above the lameness
StanceWorks OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebounder View Post

It's always guy in the Volvo.

Loving the build as usual! You should just slap the turbo, 1200cc injectors, aem v2 and shoot for the 800 on stock block, you wouldn't be the first and if it pops then you were gonna rebuild it anyway right? Hahaha
Old 10-19-2011, 01:47 AM   #516
JC.
  • User Status:

To the post above me.

Ahem,

Old 10-19-2011, 01:52 AM   #517
Jesus Christ
Rise above the lameness
StanceWorks OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC. View Post
To the post above me.

Ahem,
You mean above me
Old 10-19-2011, 02:28 AM   #518
JC.
  • User Status:

Lawl, yeah jesus, above you
Old 10-19-2011, 06:29 AM   #519
Darth Maul
The Flushest Supra
StanceWorks Visitor

I have the same hp goals, youll need alot of fuel to support the upcoming of that laggy A.R turbine back there, I love gt42r's sound like t51r's but just more bang for your buck.

keep it going bro.
Subscribed.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:31 AM   #520
Darth Maul
The Flushest Supra
StanceWorks Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remi View Post
First off I effing love your car so take this as constructive feedback from someone that wants to see your car succeed

Don't go with the Garrett, to much $ for what is basically a decade old CHRA design

Might look like it costs the same but remember you don't need to spend 5-900$ on BOV's wastegates and the related solenoids and plumbing for them. You'll have a better turbo at nearly 50% of the price.

Points for engineering overkill but in the interest of wanting to see this car on the road before you have to start selling organs and/or your body, you can also save some serious $ by just not buying that fuel setup and making your own system. An in tank pump feeding to an external pump, setup your own AN lines. You don't need that rail for "only" 800 hp. The supra guys like titan play big, they need rails that can support 1000% of stock capacity, you're "merely" doubling it haha (only in the 2jz world is 800 hp in the small end of things)

You don't need that much $$ in fuel parts to make 800 on a 2jz, there are guys locally making well over 1k on less fuel than you have setup there. Hell even dropping the tank, making a custom an feed to an external pump and a swirl tank will cost less than that setup

Something like this:

I would definately stick with the R154. its 90% as good as the Getrag (my wagon uses the same trans) but at about 10% of the cost. You can still find R154's in junkyards for 150$, asme cannot be said for the getrag 6. You can blow up 10 R154 for the price of one of those.
+1 well said my sir
Old 10-19-2011, 06:14 PM   #521
padraigmk3
DeathSquad
StanceWorks Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raarasutra View Post
moar news! how's the powerplant coming along? get parts in the mail yet?
hahah not quite, no :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratlie View Post
I don't know if you're familiar with bands like Dimmu Borgir, V:28, The Sins Of Thy Beloved and such..I've just skimmed through this thread.. But everything kinda reminds me of the Norwegian metal-scene (We'll do whatever we like.. if you don't like it.. ahh well.. sucks to be you) :P" So keep it up man.. this looks brilliant.
We would be pretty good friends if we hung out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obscevator View Post
Put me up for a shirt and some stickers! I mean give me 1 good reason why I shouldn't support your awesomeness?!
I can't think of any reasons! Go peep the store haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Maul View Post
I have the same hp goals, youll need alot of fuel to support the upcoming of that laggy A.R turbine back there, I love gt42r's sound like t51r's but just more bang for your buck.

keep it going bro.
Subscribed.
Thanks dude! I love checking in on your MK4 build. Really have high hopes for what that thing's going to look like down the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrawannabe View Post
Just checking in to make sure...

Yup. Thread's still awesome.
BAHAHHahahahahah thank you my man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Gileto View Post

this thread makes me warm n fuzzy. i'll be sending you monies soon

Thanks dude! I also accept dead pigeons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPE16 View Post
Love it dude!

I will be buying stickers...do you accept payment in pieces of string or strictly dead cats?

I'm open to both. If you can take the corpse and liquify it so it'll fit into a standard size mail slot blister package, then mail it via USPS light packet air, I should receive it in 5-7 days. Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remi View Post

Something like this:

Thank you SO much for the constructive feedback! I Hadn't looked at the new EFR's, and For the price, it's an absolutely beautiful turbo. The fact that it's available as a twin scroll is sick. What blows my mind is that for that price it has an integrated WG and blow off valve. It's a huge plus if you're building a new turbo setup from scratch, because you can skip on buying the WG and BV. I'm going to tentatively say that it's between the EFR and the Garret GT42R.

Also, it does make me laugh that when you put what I want to do up against what other people tweak the 2J for, it makes 800 look like a fucking joke

I can't thank you enough for your input Remi, and believe me when I say I take all of it into consideration. You obviously know your shit, and thanks for taking the time to put your well-worded two cents in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyE32 View Post
love the thread, love the OP, love the ride, but love the model the most.. :|
Wanna know a secret that makes me sad?

she has a boyfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebounder View Post

Lighten up crybaby! I'm going to need a lot of power if I want to break traction on two 15" wide wheels. I can't just stick a hair dryer onto the intake and call it a day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ View Post
It's always guy in the Volvo.

Loving the build as usual! You should just slap the turbo, 1200cc injectors, aem v2 and shoot for the 800 on stock block, you wouldn't be the first and if it pops then you were gonna rebuild it anyway right? Hahaha

This is you:

Meh, I figure if I go that far then I might as well just do it right the first time.
P.S. I'm pretty sure you're kidding but I can't always tell on da webz <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC. View Post
To the post above me.

Ahem,

HAHAHhaHhhashhsajkdhsakjdsajbchjds cadhsucdhksajbcvadjs

I need that on a shirt

Old 10-19-2011, 06:22 PM   #522
HooWybrow
Angering the Internet.
StanceWorks Lover

I genuinely laugh so hard when I read this thread.

Cant wait to see this thing come together.

Yes, two posts, same thread... same day.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:54 PM   #523
Jersh
StanceWorks OG

800 HORSEPOWER!!

Keep doing your thing man.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #524
Oxer
Lowrider is a lil higher
StanceWorks OG

You're the best.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #525
Oxer
Lowrider is a lil higher
StanceWorks OG

PS. Thread tags installed.

Tags
<3 ox, afternoon manslaughter, bitchesoncrutches, fuck your life, gay, god loves padraig, greatest build on sw, growing a beard, kill your mother, my dick stays hard, padraigtakestoolong.gif, sky rockets in flight, stickerlips=disappoint, supra faster than w8?, wheels for days, whiteballhairgrowing