Quick and Dirty E36 snaps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick and Dirty E36 snaps.

A few new shots of the ride. It's been raining, my shit's all dirty, but whatever. After having the coils settle a bit, I debated raising it just a little.

Then, I didn't, and went just a little lower. Yes, they are 16's. No, they are not too small. No, I cannot go lower without dragging the fender on the tire when I turn.

The back seats arent in, it's cranked down as much as it can be, so it's sittin just a pinch higher than normal. She's gonna be hitting the garage within the next month, and I'll be sad, till spring hits and she exits the garage with a little snail under the hood.
    1992 325i | 1989 Golf GL | 1984 Jetta GL | 1998 V70 XC | All euro all day.

dude rebuild those wheels, repaint the hood, and smaller tires
    but its a good start!

Comment

umm.. wheels have been on the car 3 weeks. they were rebuilt and hand polished just before that, they are just a little dirty from the rain is all. I'm still working on centercaps even... 205/45/16s leave me less than an inch and a half of ground clearance from the brace, so I think I'm good on tires.

Ya, the hood does need paint. Haven't had the time there.

Comment

love the 16s dude
        Originally posted by da3bous
        I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

you're welcome.

and don't ask why, i was just bored.

Last edited by Mark Ostrowski; 10-09-2010, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Really hard to make 16's look good on a edirtysix but you have done it, love it

AmberLamps..... Get rid of them!

Comment

omg so amazing! makes me wanna get some and just do this for a DD beater
              drift

Comment

you should repaint the wheel centers, last time i checked pink looks really gay, and go about 1/2" lower to pull off the 16s. Other than that, bravo my man. Those wheels are awesome.
                4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Won't take too much work to make this thing look amazing....definitely on the right track.

Comment

Dang, fitment looks good. I don't think rear seats would anything for your ride height though if your spring rates are anywhere near where they should be. What coils are you on?

Comment

Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
                      you should repaint the wheel centers, last time i checked pink looks really gay, and go about 1/2" lower to pull off the 16s. Other than that, bravo my man. Those wheels are awesome.
                      The centers are staying pink. The last time I checked, the only dudes that have a problem with pink have some sort of sexual insecurity. I like the color, no homo, end of story. I cant physically go lower without pushing wheels out even more, and as it is, if i hit any sort of incline, im dragging the tire on the fender. my coils are wound down 2mm from the rim edge with helpers out and bumpstops cut in half. Half an inch lower would have me dragging the chassis brace ten times more than I already do. Mild divots from tire wear on the road already cause me to drag my car along a lot of roads, and if it's busy at the tire shop next door, I can't get into work in my car with the mild incline. I'm literally as low as I can go. 16's make these cars sit ridiculous close to pavement. I'm tucking a large percentage of an already small tire, on an already small rim. Aint happenin

thanks for the props folks. It's a work in progress, and it hasn't been in progress too long so far.

Paul: I'm on racelands. I don't care about the negative taboo associated with em. They are my first set of adjustables. I picked the car up for $800, already had the wheels, and wouldn't be seen in a car that wasn't low from day one. When I'm done with college and I've got my ducks in a row, air ride is on the plate.
                      Last edited by Lumis_Wolfy; 10-09-2010, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Pink wheels are awesome, love the style dude! keep it up!

Comment

pink is cool, those 16s looks good and the height is good. Well done!
                          - '89 E30 M-Tech 2
                          - '10 TT RS
                          - '13 A3 SB

Comment

fender rolling, it makes shit work. lowerit

BAR / TheIllu510nEvo<-- check it out

Comment

this thing is dope, I always wanted to do 16s, but it was hard to find ones I wanted that would clear the M calipers, and didnt wanna hack shit up. Im assuming your wheel and tire specs are the ones in your sig??

Comment

Working...
                              X