E30 Fitment woes :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30 Fitment woes :(

well im trying to calculate fitment on my E30, trying to get the best i can,
    and tho i know most people are against diamonds, i like the customizability of the sizes/offsets and the price tag.

so i have opted to go with diamond challengers, but my only thing is, i don't really know what i can get away with size/offset wise on my E30

i want to run Rear: 15x10 with 3.5-4" backspace and Front : 15x9 with a 4-4.5" backspace.
    195/50/15's in the front, and 205/50's in the rear.

Does this sound doable???
    or am i waaay off. please help?!?!

I havent measured anything at all, i figured i'd post here first. thanks dudes

That seems really wide, youll have some SERIOUS poke with thoes backspaces, i would lean towards 5.5 or 5 for rear, and 5 or 4.5 for the front.
    killasnapshot

Comment

Find an e30 with fitment you like and Ill calculate what backspacing you need. I had a set of steelies custom made for me in 15x10 with 4.25" backspacing and they fit perfect.

Find someone running 15x8 or 15x9 that fits how you want and its easy to figure out from there...
      Current Project: 1988 535is --- Pics and Info When Its Worthy

Comment

Originally posted by Slow_Ballin' View Post
        Find an e30 with fitment you like and Ill calculate what backspacing you need. I had a set of steelies custom made for me in 15x10 with 4.25" backspacing and they fit perfect.

Find someone running 15x8 or 15x9 that fits how you want and its easy to figure out from there...
        gotcha. i think i wanna go 16x8 or 9 tho now. im hearing its hard to get 15s to give you good lows without wheel gap.

im having a hella hard time even deciding what wheels i like. or what i can find in 4x100 for the E30

Comment

I like this stance, but i think i want a little more poke

Comment

Doooooo it
            Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

What if you rocked the same fitment, and get spacers that way you can switch back if wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas13 View Post
                gotcha. i think i wanna go 16x8 or 9 tho now. im hearing its hard to get 15s to give you good lows without wheel gap.

im having a hella hard time even deciding what wheels i like. or what i can find in 4x100 for the E30
                I know the felling. Finding negative offsets for 4x114 is near impossible so I had to go the custom route. 15's are kinda harder to go low on but tires are easier/cheaper for 15 which is why i went that route...

If you can get wheel specs for that e30 pic I can figure it out with a little more poke too.

Comment

15x8 4.5BS +10mm spacer and 15x10 5.5BS 195/50 all around

4" BS on a 10" would be -38 offset, that would be very difficult to fit and would require ugly pulled fenders. A 4.5" BS on a 9" would be would be -12 offset and that would be kinda difficult to fit in the front, it would also require pulled fenders. It's doable but as I've been hinting at, it would probably look terrible.
                  Last edited by Oscar; 09-22-2010, 10:05 PM. Reason: wrong picture
                  ShakotanOscar.blogspot.com
                  Fabulous Street Scene

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar View Post
                    4" BS on a 10" would be -38 offset, that would be very difficult to fit and would require ugly pulled fenders. A 4.5" BS on a 9" would be would be -12 offset and that would be kinda difficult to fit in the front, it would also require pulled fenders. It's doable but as I've been hinting at, it would probably look terrible.
                    For the front, a 5" BS on a 9" would be 0, that could fit great on a e30 with a roll.

For the rear, a 5 1/4 would be about -10 offset and would be more doable...

205/50 rear and 195/50 front...

Comment

but if im wanting all this custom spacing and width, i can almost only go with diamonds.

fuhhh

Comment

My old 87.
                        16x10 rear with 6 inch back spacing. 215/45
                        16x8 front with 4.5 inch back spacing. 205/40

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas13 View Post
                          well im trying to calculate fitment on my E30,

I havent measured anything at all

Comment

Any idea will 15x8 all round... Offset 0 will fit on an E30? Anyone has pic of this car with this wheel setup?

Comment

Originally posted by e30freak View Post
                              Any idea will 15x8 all round... Offset 0 will fit on an E30? Anyone has pic of this car with this wheel setup?
                              if you went with 8 wide all around, the rear would need to have a lower offset to have the wheels sit the same. -12 in the rear would match well to 0 up front
                              Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Working...
                              X