Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The manifold has already begun to change color. I wish I could just stop it right here haha. Hard to tell in the photo, but it basically looks like a bright brass. Im going to work on the timing tomorrow. Might be off a little because I cant see anything wrong with the way the carbs are set now.

Comment

• i'm thinking of making a trip to Phoenix just to see this beauty once it's finished....if that ever happens...lol
      E46 Touring Build Thread http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56076

Comment

• Originally posted by austinscottphotography View Post
        i'm thinking of making a trip to Phoenix just to see this beauty once it's finished....if that ever happens...lol
        I dont know that it will ever be "finished" haha, but if you do ever come to Phoenix, avoid June through October... this sucks.

Comment

• Car looks great. Will be hitting you up for advice on my project soon enough, if that's alright with you.
          "Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson

Comment

• Originally posted by And2TheRepublic View Post
            Car looks great. Will be hitting you up for advice on my project soon enough, if that's alright with you.
            Thanks, and yeah happy to help if I can

Comment

• So im having issues getting it running properly again. I believe I sorted out an issue I had with the alternator, but still having major problems with the carbs, timing, etc. It has a tough time starting and then it idles rough and if given any throttle it backfires and bogs down. Ive been through this before, but its taking me some time to get it diagnosed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keith602 View Post
                So im having issues getting it running properly again. I believe I sorted out an issue I had with the alternator, but still having major problems with the carbs, timing, etc. It has a tough time starting and then it idles rough and if given any throttle it backfires and bogs down. Ive been through this before, but its taking me some time to get it diagnosed.

Sounds very timing/carb sync related. Throw a timing light on it shouldn't be to hard to get it running decent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulpooted View Post
                  Sounds very timing/carb sync related. Throw a timing light on it shouldn't be to hard to get it running decent.
                  I almost got things running decently and with carb adjustments and then I turned to the timing which didnt seem to be too far off, but needed to be set. Set the timing and it seemed to help for a little bit and then it got worse. Ive been working with the carbs and not seeming to get anywhere. Keep thinking something's up on the distributor side

Comment

• Is it a vacuum advance distributor?

Comment

Is it a vacuum advance distributor?
                      mechanical

Comment

• diagnostics are THE WORST!!! i'm trying to get a day job as a mechanic with the hopes of improving my diagnostic skills, among the other things I will learn.

keep us updated man
                        E46 Touring Build Thread http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56076

Comment

• Hmm is there a balance tube between your carbs? If so are you syncing them with it unhooked?

Comment

Hmm is there a balance tube between your carbs? If so are you syncing them with it unhooked?
                            there isnt a balance tube between the carbs. Im starting to lean more towards the spark side of things. The carbs seem to be set correctly. While doing the timing again tonight, it was barely starting and running horribly. It would stumble and even the timing light was working intermittently

Comment

• Hey Keith - love the build! I've got a 66' i'm looking to bag - I've gone through the photos and printed a few out to work with a local fabricator for the mounts. I was wondering if you can recall the dimensions for the front and back mounts? Any pictures of the rear? Many thanks!

Comment

• Wheels are back from powdercoat. Came out really nice! Drove the car down the street and it ran better than it ever had for two glorious minutes and then began to struggle. I limped it home a couple of blocks and now the head scratching begins..

Last edited by Keith602; 09-29-2014, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X