Truck stuff and things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BozoBubble View Post
    This is really coming together. The teal grille looks dope, and the white detailing on the tires brings to mind the Camping World Truck series racers. Loving it so far.

BTW, when you get ready to purchase a bumper/roll pan you should check out LMC Truck. Their head office is like a 10 minute drive from my house and they make really high quality products.They might have repro'd ZR2 Fenders, too.
    thats really funny. i was just looking at my lmc catalog a few hours ago for those two things lol i usually just use them to get ideas. they are quite pricey. theres a set of flares at my local junkyard right now. i just only had channel locks when i went last. the rollpan is starting to get pretty low on my list of things i want

Originally posted by BozoBubble
    Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

Looking good, paint on the grill came out really good and makes it look 10x better.
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

went to the junkyard today with much higher expectations. but ended up only getting a bumper cover. im pretty stoked about it. little more trimming and some paint, then it should be good!

taking apart

and a shitty picture of it together

next project will probably be trying to install some foglights. i took them out at the junkyard so i could get the cover a bit cheaper. i think ill end up getting some led headlights and then some led pods for the fogs.
        Last edited by storey618; 06-30-2017, 03:01 PM.

Truck Build

Comment

got the wheels painted black, and just ordered some led headlights. plan to lower the rear sometime soon by removing a leaf. i found out that zq8 leafs are the same as regular s10 leafs but with the middle leaf removed. really happy i didnt spend nearly $100 to figure that out. cool stuff is coming, just trying to get my motivation back after some shit happening in life

Truck Build

Comment

Diggin the wheels in all black, looks better I think
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
              Diggin the wheels in all black, looks better I think
              thanks bro, i thought it looked alot better as well

just got my headlights put in, the passenger side wiring is pretty well dicked and im at work. so ill have to mess with that tonight. probably just say fuck the next guy (or myself if i can actually keep it long enough) and just remove the sealed beam plug, then splice and heat shrink the wires together. could have just said hard wire lol

Truck Build

Comment

Truck Looks good man! Color matching the groll helped a lot.

Fwiw zq8 leafs are not the same as regular leafs with a leaf removed. Is it similar? Yes. But they both have differe t spring ratios. I remember reading a thread on it on s10f years ago. That being said, if you're not worried about ride, pull the leaf and don't look back. Idt you would tell much of a difference anyways imo.

Comment

Originally posted by 02XBlazer View Post
                  Truck Looks good man! Color matching the groll helped a lot.

Fwiw zq8 leafs are not the same as regular leafs with a leaf removed. Is it similar? Yes. But they both have differe t spring ratios. I remember reading a thread on it on s10f years ago. That being said, if you're not worried about ride, pull the leaf and don't look back. Idt you would tell much of a difference anyways imo.
                  thanks for the compliment and info man! i probably will end up just pulling the leaf to save some money

not much has been happening with the truck, pretty much just been enjoying cruising it. got some new centercaps the other day that im trying out. nothing special, just newer s10 centers so they are round. then this morning i wrapped my headliner. if im being honest it turned out pretty shitty, but its better than half of it sagging on whoever is riding with me. didnt cut out the visor holes since every visor in s10's at the junkyards are destroyed and i never use them anyways.

its not everyones style, and its not 100% mine either. just trying to do something different. since it turned out rough im sure ill end up wrapping it again in the future

Truck Build

Comment

headliner started sagging in the back by 7pm last night lol cut my muffler off today, the inlet had actually seperated from the muffler itself...so i found my biggest exhaust leak. its not real pretty, and somehow the truck is still real quiet. it has a little rumble, and it now sounds like it wants to backfire when im engine braking. ill get my buddy to help weld it soon. long term i would like to get a full exhaust made and have it exit out the bedsides. so this is more or less just temporary.

i also may have found a sbc

Truck Build

Comment

SBC?! This got exciting quickly.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BozoBubble View Post
                        SBC?! This got exciting quickly.
                        hopefully i can snag it before someone else does.
                        saw my friend today, he has a zr2 thats on 35's if im not mistaken. the difference was pretty funny so i snapped a pic

also something else coming later tonight i think you guys might dig....
                        Last edited by storey618; 05-17-2017, 02:40 PM.

Truck Build

Comment

I present to you guys my first set of real wheel. I only have 3 and from what I can tell from some research yesterday, in this size with this offset is fucking rare lol

Truck Build

Comment

Makes me miss my old minis.. the full size I have now is teal. Starting to love this color!

Comment

Hey man, find a fourth one and polish them up nicely and they'll look frickin' choice. Nice score.
                              sigpic

Comment

So spent some time this morning getting the garage cleaned up and getting my upper balljoints into the new speedway tubular UCA’s. took Friday off so ill have 4 days to get the front end rebuilt, the back lowered, and possibly some other stuff done. Along with that I have changed my mind on a few things and some new stuff is in the works. This truck made me rethink my wheel specs so sometime here soon ill be putting my back wheels on the front, and getting 15x10’s with 3” backspacing for the rear. Should be fairly aggressive….the drawing you will all just have to stick around to see whats going to come of that!

Truck Build

Comment

Working...
                                X