X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30 Fitting question.

Hi guys,

I own a 87' 318 e30 (45mm struts then)
    I did not find anything as clear as I need so I'm asking a question wich has been ask plenty of time...
    Will 16x9 ET20 fit in the front of the car? Or will I need spacers. I'm actually lowered around 80/55. People keep saying it still needs at least 5mm spacers, but most of them did not mentionned if they had 45 or 51mm struts, or said they had 51mm strut so that's the reason why I need your help.
    I'm currently with 15x7 ET20 and the strut is around 18mm from the wheel. I might t be wrong thinking it would come 25mm closer to the strut, but I ant to be sure, and I need ome advices.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Spoony's; 07-02-2015, 12:14 AM.

With simple math you could see that the 45mm strut will have an extra 3mm of clearance for the wheel over a 51mm strut. Et15 is the highest you can go with a 51mm strut, so you would need at least 2mm of spacer to clear an et20 wheel on a 45mm strut.

If your wheels are 3 piece, you might just be able to clear with no spacers, since the forged barrels are thinner than cast wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
      With simple math you could see that the 45mm strut will have an extra 3mm of clearance for the wheel over a 51mm strut. Et15 is the highest you can go with a 51mm strut, so you would need at least 2mm of spacer to clear an et20 wheel on a 45mm strut.

If your wheels are 3 piece, you might just be able to clear with no spacers, since the forged barrels are thinner than cast wheels.
      Awesome thank you! They're 3 pieces BBS and I didn't know the forged barrels where thinner than cast wheels... I will buy them then, and see how it goes. I have 3mm spacers somewhere just in case.

Comment

Working...
      X