Wheel fitment question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel fitment question

Sorry for all the questions...this is my first time trying to buy wheels and tires ever so i am kind of a beginner to it all.

So I am looking to buy Varrstoen MK1's for my 2010 Mazda 6. I want to get 18x9.5 et 22 in the front and 18x9.5 et 35 in the rear. I want to try and run moderate, maybe -4 camber in the rear and -3 in the front with my K Sport Coilovers. Will these wheels fit? Will I need a fender roll? What size tires will I need to go with? Im Thinking maybe 245/45/18 but what do you guys think?

The easiest way to figure it out is to go measure.. from what I can gather the fronts will be nearly 2.5" more aggressive than stock. Rears will poke but will fit with camber. Not sure why'd you want to have a more aggressive spec on the fronts but I guess reverse staggered would be alright on a FWD car..also you'll need a 40 series tire

Comment

when you say they have to be 2.5" more aggressive than stock what is the 2.5" referencing? Sorry for the beginner questions...also what exactly is a 40 series tire...

Comment

www.willtheyfit.com and a ruller should get you to the answer...

Stock stuff goes into the orange boxes, the new stuff goes into the green...

Comment

Originally posted by jgaffney View Post
          when you say they have to be 2.5" more aggressive than stock what is the 2.5" referencing? Sorry for the beginner questions...also what exactly is a 40 series tire...
          He means that the wheels will fit 2.5" further outboard than stock. I'm sure his math is right, but post up your stock wheel sizes and offsets and we'll check it.

40-series refers to the sidewall ratio or profile of the tire, which tells you how tall the sidewall is in millimeters as a percentage of tire width. So a 205/40 tire has a sidewall height of 205mm * 0.40 = 82mm sidewalls.

Originally posted by OrangeBlue View Post
          www.willtheyfit.com and a ruller should get you to the answer...

Stock stuff goes into the orange boxes, the new stuff goes into the green...
          Willtheyfit.com is a great resource, but it does not take camber into account. For that, you'll need to take what that site says and do a little trig to see where the wheel will sit at the top of the fender as you increase or decrease camber.

You might also have a look at tyrestretch.com to have a look at different tires on wheels of various widths. Depending on how much stretch you want on the tires (or if you want any at all) that site will help.

Comment

[QUOTE=Oh Damn, it's Sam;1460222]He means that the wheels will fit 2.5" further outboard than stock. I'm sure his math is right, but post up your stock wheel sizes and offsets and we'll check it.

40-series refers to the sidewall ratio or profile of the tire, which tells you how tall the sidewall is in millimeters as a percentage of tire width. So a 205/40 tire has a sidewall height of 205mm * 0.40 = 82mm sidewalls.

My stock wheel size is a 215/55/17 with 17x7 et46

Comment

With those stock wheel specs, at ET35 the new wheel will sit 43mm more outboard and 21mm closer to the shock/strut. At ET22 the new wheel will sit 56mm more outboard and 8mm closer to the shock/strut. Those numbers do not take into account any change in camber.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
                With those stock wheel specs, at ET35 the new wheel will sit 43mm more outboard and 21mm closer to the shock/strut. At ET22 the new wheel will sit 56mm more outboard and 8mm closer to the shock/strut. Those numbers do not take into account any change in camber.

But as I saw on willtheyfit.com or whatever it is, they will not touch the shock/strut? I know they'll probably rub fender but with camber and rolling the fenders that'll be an easier fix than if they touched the strut.

Comment

As it says on willtheyfit.com, the strut depicted is just to show orientation of the diagram - it has no relationship whatsoever to the position of your strut in your wheel well.

Comment

Working...
                  X