Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is a 512, but i think its roughly the same idea...stretch wise

Comment

A buddy of mine has 205/45/17 912's on his 9" wheel and it doesn't stretch as nice as that 512.

Comment

Anybody have experience with Michelin Pilot Sports? Thinking of running 225/40/18 on a 18x9.5 and 255/35/18 on a 18x10.5

Comment

Where's the best place to get falken tires online since tirerack doesn't carry them?

Comment

all falken's stretch pretty good but old models like 512, st115, 451, etc run a size small and new ones like 912, 452 run a size large.

Federal ss595's stretch really well too. I'm running them and I've seen alot of ppl in local running them as well.

Comment

I vote for the Nitto 555's since they are great tires, as far as stretching.. i will soon find out how well it goes

Comment

Originally posted by Morbid View Post
                Where's the best place to get falken tires online since tirerack doesn't carry them?

www.tires-easy.com (carries almost every brand even cheap chinese tires LOL)

Comment

onlinetires.com have falken, and a bunch of other brands. there also pretty cheap..

Comment

Falken 912's stretch like a beast. That rim guard pokes it's face out and laughs in the face of physics. They also have an extremely low 'ratio' or whatever, as in, to sit flush on an 8" wheel most tires need a 215, but a 215 on an 8" with a falken is a baby stretch.

Comment

Nexen N3000s don't.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

bumping this cuz its a good thread...
                        what do you guys suggest out of these:

I've had a ton of 452s bubble on me, so i kinda wanna stay away
                        I've had pretty good luck with the generals so far, but i dont like the brand image, and the tread looks ugly.
                        The dunlops have bad ratings..

and everything else is too expensive. lol

anyways, i highly suggest you guys buy your tires from discount tire and get the ~$20 warranty certificate
                        if your tires fail in any way, bubble, flat, etc, they replace them for free no questions asked....

i think i may just get the 452s again along with the certificates
                        -Jason
                        http://project-a3.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by myrmidon View Post
                          Falken 912's stretch like a beast. That rim guard pokes it's face out and laughs in the face of physics. They also have an extremely low 'ratio' or whatever, as in, to sit flush on an 8" wheel most tires need a 215, but a 215 on an 8" with a falken is a baby stretch.
                          912s stretch like shit compared to 512s. Hardly "like a beast"

Originally posted by Presns3 View Post
                          bumping this cuz its a good thread...
                          what do you guys suggest out of these:

I've had a ton of 452s bubble on me, so i kinda wanna stay away
                          I've had pretty good luck with the generals so far, but i dont like the brand image, and the tread looks ugly.
                          The dunlops have bad ratings..

and everything else is too expensive. lol

anyways, i highly suggest you guys buy your tires from discount tire and get the ~$20 warranty certificate
                          if your tires fail in any way, bubble, flat, etc, they replace them for free no questions asked....

i think i may just get the 452s again along with the certificates
                          Dunlop DZ101s stretch really well but I've heard of bubbling issues for them too. The certificates are definitely a must, well worth the money

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                          Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Some of you said you had bubbling from Toyo proxes 4's? I am about to mount some 225/40/18 on a 10 and 205/40/18 on a 9 so hopefully this wont happen to me. Anyone had better experience with the proxes 4's?

Comment

Never heard of bubbling with Proxes 4s

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                              Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Bumping an old thread... Anyone with experience with Hankook S1 evo?
                                I'm looking for a tyre that is narrow for it's size since I need all the clearance possible.
                                I've heard that Falken 452 and Toyo T1-R are both like this but I'm not comfortable using either although I've used both on other wheels.

I'm basically looking Hankook S1 evo since felgen-garage uses them and someone in the net has said they are one of the narrowest of the bunch.

Comment

Working...
                                X