Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need legit help.

So, here is my question.

I need new shocks, as my fronts are fucked and the backs are gay.
    The problem I have is that to buy coilovers it is X amount of money (lots) as my from stock doesn't support coilovers, and would have to be converted, that being said there is no guarantee that the coilovers will even fit...

BUT, my car at max is probably worth $3.5k...

So, after lengthy arguments with my dad, by him mainly saying why have coilovers, to which I answer to go lower, to which he answers its already 100mm. (FUUUUUU)

Should I bother? Or should I just buy stock shocks, and sell the car, and buy something that has coilovers readily available for it, eg. e30, e36.

Keeping in mind that it would be a heart breaking thing for my dad to see the car go as he has put 250+ hours into the friggen thing...

Argh.

do you want to keep the car? don't see why something as basic as coilovers would be the deciding factor on whether or not you keep your 'pride and joy'

Comment

If you have put all that time an effort into the car, why sell up now?
      Originally posted by anth
      Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Ryan, fuck you.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
          Ryan, fuck you.

your just shitty cos I'm better at being Oxer than you are

Comment

true....

Ima start calling you oxer

Comment

I'mma start calling you pablo'

Comment

Originally posted by .Ryan. View Post
                do you want to keep the car? don't see why something as basic as coilovers would be the deciding factor on whether or not you keep your 'pride and joy'
                Mainly because of the fact that

A) My dad believes that while I live with him, my car must not be below 100mm.

B) Because there are no generic coilovers, I would have to buy e36 coilovers that may or may not fit, and my dad is a fucking purist.

Comment

Why does it matter that he's a purist? Is it your car or his car?

Comment

so what if the car is only worth 3.5k dude? ive got an e30 worth 4.5k, the bodykit i want to buy for it is gonna cost me 3.5k painted and wheels roughly 3k with tyres and prob another 1k for coilovers. To be honest i dont have the money for any of those now, but if i do i would buy them in a heart beat, doesnt matter if the mods actually cost more than the car itself. I LOVE my car regardless of how much its actually worth. so the question is how much do you love your car??

Comment

Can u get some cheap shocks from the wreckers until coilovers are good.

What car do u have anyways man?

Pics...

Comment

just like sayin you love a girl - she may or may not be sexy. but youre gonna by the girl some victoria secret underwear cause thats what you wanna see her in. yafeelmeh?

Comment

Keep it.

Comment

There is a lot of w124 coilover info on the net.
                            w124 with e36 coilovers & two spring system

An soo what if your car is only worth $3.5k,

Do you love your car? haha

Cheers
                            Mat

EDIT:

Some good info on this topic
                            Any and all suspension and coilover discussion goes here. Talk about how to get where you want to be.
                            Last edited by HoZy; 05-02-2012, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Cheers guys,

Yeah hozy I have poored over that thread and picture for a long friggen time hahha!

Thanks for all the input guys, I think at this stage I am going to call/email the manufactures of the coilovers, and pretty much say, look, I've heard this, I know it's not recommend but are you able to tell me if it will fit?

The other option is waiting, and saving for Yellow speed racing coils, which in fact are actually designed for my car, but that'll be another month of saving... But worth it in the long run eh?

This is what I'm working with...
                              Last edited by Guest; 05-02-2012, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X