No announcement yet.

1969 simca 1118

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you must be a wizard, are you a wizard you are are'nt you?

Once apon-a-time world famous Photochopper
    http://zammothechoppa.deviantart.com/ : )

Comment

I wish I was a wizard! Your sig is so distracting!

Here is a vid of the wobbler in action:

https://vimeo.com/40968073

Comment

SIMCA!!!!

I love French cars! Keep us updated.

Comment

little compression engine vid is sweet

Comment

When I read your post about the plans for your car I instantly thought "Yeah, that's not gonna happen, this car will probably sit forever". Then I scrolled down....
            justindanger.com
            justindanger.tumblr.com
            190rev.net

Comment

uhhhh wow. what do you do for a living?!?!

Comment

Make me a sword wizard man !!

Comment

Thanks guys. I am a Mechanical Engineering student at the U of A. I have one more final and one more year then I can finally start learning stuff!

I got a lot more done on the voltsporsche and got a shipment of the new controller components. The new controller is programmable up to 160v and 1000amps, which is the bottom of the line for WarpDrive Industrial controllers, but It is also upgradable to 1400a and 260volts! Also, its made in Utah! For now I will detune it to 500amps, so we don't fry the motor or the 2/0 cable! It's water cooled, has two canBUS ports, and uses and OEM Prius hall-effect TPS. I need to now rewire the controller, build a linkage for the new TPS, and design a hall effect tach sensor that will emulater the aircooled motor's tach signal(so I can use the stock tach). I also need to build the rock gaurd over the heat exchanger

Heat Exchanger

Tiny Coolant Pump

TPS sensor

Comment

Got some of the wiring sorted and took a little trip to my local substation! TONS of torque and lots of fun to drive with the stiffer springs and torsion bars. I actually am afraid Im going to blow that 901 trans. Perhaps when we get a second motor and pump more amps, we'll get a 930 4-speed! When that happens, this gal is getting 10" slicks and fender flares. I keep blowing the 10 Amp fuse for the DC-DC converter(the component that equalizes the 144v powepack with the 12v aux battery that powered lights, fans, and the pump). So I'm going to have to figure that out.

Comment

BRAH-F******- O.

amazing.
                      "on our way back i hit a bump and both of the springs slip off of their seats and slashed both of my front tires."

-Dane M

If your not doing this, your doing it wrong.

Comment

awesome

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm going to spend the next few days cleaning the shop after the whirlwind of getting the car running. Now I have tons of space to work on the SIMCA and the CNC router. My mom made up some quick plaid seat covers with a cushion, because those EMPI plastic seats are really uncomfortable, especially with the car's spring rates that are 2-3 times more stiff.

My dads test drive. This has been his dream for the last 10 years, so it was good to see him behind the wheel.

Here is when I noticed the rear crossmember was twisted like a crazy straw from when he punched it. I have since added some supports on the crossmember to help with the crazy instant torque of this motor.

Comment

attention to detail is incredible!

Comment

awesome stuff man nice to see its progressing

Hows the torque lol gotta love that instant twisting power

and in case you are interested in other ppls electric conversions heres a toyota sera (on toymods need membership to view)

Hi all, Well I have had ideas about converting an old car to leccy power for about a year now. After much procrastination I have finally got my ass into gear. The aim of the project was to build a totally functional and practical daily driver, which could get 2 people about 150Km per charge, still maintain all of the vehicle functionality & driveability. First off there was a lot of research done into battery / motor technologies & getting an idea of how much power would be required

Comment

Originally posted by Charllie View Post
                                attention to detail is incredible!
                                Why thank you! I am always hard on myself for ghetto rigging just to see if the thing works, and then never coming back around to fix it. I think I'm getting a little better at planning ahead.

Originally posted by ZammoTheChoppa View Post
                                awesome stuff man nice to see its progressing

Hows the torque lol gotta love that instant twisting power

and in case you are interested in other ppls electric conversions heres a toyota sera (on toymods need membership to view)

http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/eng...n-begins….html

I can see it just fine! That thing is awesome. Those doors are the coolest thing ever! I'll read the rest of the thread tonight.

fanboy stickerbomb with german high voltage warnings! haha jk

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a4gyJsY0mc"]Electric Six - "Danger! High Voltage" (Hi Res) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X