No announcement yet.

1991 Mazda RX7 - From junk, to showcar in $3,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now what are those meisters gonna end on?

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
      Damn, I don't know what to say, I didn't except this...

Bro, I knew you would not like to see that I sold the car, much like we do not like to see parents divorcing, video games ending, or the skinny/fat kid in PE we all liked, collapse yards before the finish line at the Physical Fitness Test. I know you all wanted to see the car get painted, re-swapped, with PBM gold suspension, reverse entries, crashes, repairs, trips to the coast, picnics on the beach, someone stumbling over my sandwich basket while I was napping in the warm sun with the RX7 not far off, only to open my eyes, and see an angelic face and brunette lazy curls come into focus as I wake from my peaceful slumber. What a beautiful face, and somehow... familiar? My heart suddenly explodes as I realize I am looking into the eyes of my sweet Natalie. She is saying something but I cannot hear her, I see her lips moving slowly as if all time has stopped, I can only hear the crashing waves on the beach, and feel the ocean breeze whisk by, tossing a strand of hair across her eyes, throwing me further into the pit of obsession I thought I had seen the bottom of.

I am starting to hear her now... the lightness of her voice, it sounds just like I imagined it always would. She sees I am taken aback and is giggling now, and I actually am probably going to die. The light is fading in and out, I am on the verge of losing consciousness, but suddenly clarity sweeps the haze away and I am sharply brought to full consciousness and reality. I feel like myself, and my arms and legs are no longer tingling. Everything is moving at it normal speed, and I

Originally posted by MightyMouse133 View Post
      Dang, this is like one of those shows you really get into and then the final episode they kill off the main character. Great work though
      DIE DIE DIE

Originally posted by gnmzl View Post
      I have to say, this was a very moving project for me as a spectator. Your style of story telling is incredible.
      Totally with you on the decision and it seems to be a closure of some sort for you, too. You dove in, did the swap, enjoyed the car as much as it was possible. Time to move on. Excited for your next project, whenever it may happen. All the best and good luck to you
      One of my flaws is that I am wildly anxious. If you were to text me in the middle of the day and say "something came up, we need to talk", I would need to hear what came up right that second, or have a heart attack. I **** pending transactions, I **** being out of control, I **** waiting to hear back, I **** unfinished business.

This car was full of that, and so I associated it with anxiety. Every man has a limit, and I arrived at mine. It sounds like you understand my decision though. Thank you, I hope to return with a build at some point and I hope to see you there.

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
      Now what are those meisters gonna end on?
      Rather handy that the bolt pattern fits some of my favorite manufacturers: Lexus, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Honda, Nissan...

I think I am going to wait till I naturally feel the craving for another car. I have already looked around (because addicted), and honestly, nothing really jumps out. I think I need some time for the emotional association to taper off... I need to forget her....

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
          Bro, I knew you would not like to see that I sold the car, much like we do not like to see parents divorcing, video games ending, or the skinny/fat kid in PE we all liked, collapse yards before the finish line at the Physical Fitness Test. I know you all wanted to see the car get painted, re-swapped, with PBM gold suspension, reverse entries, crashes, repairs, trips to the coast, picnics on the beach, someone stumbling over my sandwich basket while I was napping in the warm sun with the RX7 not far off, only to open my eyes, and see an angelic face and brunette lazy curls come into focus as I wake from my peaceful slumber. What a beautiful face, and somehow... familiar? My heart suddenly explodes as I realize I am looking into the eyes of my sweet Natalie. She is saying something but I cannot hear her, I see her lips moving slowly as if all time has stopped, I can only hear the crashing waves on the beach, and feel the ocean breeze whisk by, tossing a strand of hair across her eyes, throwing me further into the pit of obsession I thought I had seen the bottom of.

I am starting to hear her now... the lightness of her voice, it sounds just like I imagined it always would. She sees I am taken aback and is giggling now, and I actually am probably going to die. The light is fading in and out, I am on the verge of losing consciousness, but suddenly clarity sweeps the haze away and I am sharply brought to full consciousness and reality. I feel like myself, and my arms and legs are no longer tingling. Everything is moving at it normal speed, and I

DIE DIE DIE

One of my flaws is that I am wildly anxious. If you were to text me in the middle of the day and say "something came up, we need to talk", I would need to hear what came up right that second, or have a heart attack. I **** pending transactions, I **** being out of control, I **** waiting to hear back, I **** unfinished business.

This car was full of that, and so I associated it with anxiety. Every man has a limit, and I arrived at mine. It sounds like you understand my decision though. Thank you, I hope to return with a build at some point and I hope to see you there.

Rather handy that the bolt pattern fits some of my favorite manufacturers: Lexus, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Honda, Nissan...

I think I am going to wait till I naturally feel the craving for another car. I have already looked around (because addicted), and honestly, nothing really jumps out. I think I need some time for the emotional association to taper off... I need to forget her....

You're still my favourite

Comment

• Man, not really being around in the old days, but i started reading/following this thread back in 2015, and honestly a big influence to get into swaps and stuff (i faired much worse than you however) so watching this thread for 4ish years, and seeing it sold is disheartening to say the least. But now, I'm just gonna be waiting to see a new post started by you, I've stuck around for 4 years for content, and have no intentions in stopping now. Best of luck man

Comment

• I may have only really been a casual observer, but thanks for the ride man. I think cars are one of those particularly "human" things that dig deep into our psyche when they grab a hold of us, for better or for worse. Mirroring life they bring us tears that are sometimes sweet and sometimes bitter, but it's worth it for the experience. Keen to see what's next, drop a link here when you do so I can follow along again.

Comment

• Niiiice.

Is it just me or do the old FCs keep looking better with age lol

Comment

• Originally posted by slamitall View Post
                  Man, not really being around in the old days, but i started reading/following this thread back in 2015, and honestly a big influence to get into swaps and stuff (i faired much worse than you however) so watching this thread for 4ish years, and seeing it sold is disheartening to say the least. But now, I'm just gonna be waiting to see a new post started by you, I've stuck around for 4 years for content, and have no intentions in stopping now. Best of luck man
                  Thanks for sticking around... sorry your swap didn't go the way you wanted, I can relate. Good luck to you too.

Originally posted by bjk View Post
                  I may have only really been a casual observer, but thanks for the ride man. I think cars are one of those particularly "human" things that dig deep into our psyche when they grab a hold of us, for better or for worse. Mirroring life they bring us tears that are sometimes sweet and sometimes bitter, but it's worth it for the experience. Keen to see what's next, drop a link here when you do so I can follow along again.
                  Thank you for casually observing. If these threads didn't do anything for me, I wouldn't post them. I'm not sure what's missing from my life, but these threads help fill some kind of void.

Coincidentally, I just pulled this out of the oven... http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...Failed-Drifter

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
                  Niiiice.

Is it just me or do the old FCs keep looking better with age lol
                  The longer we stare at things, the more we convince ourselves they're beautiful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post

The longer we stare at things, the more we convince ourselves they're beautiful.
                    This may be the title to a book of wise things NOT to say to your girl

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                      This may be the title to a book of wise things NOT to say to your girl
                      hoes mad

Comment

• Yesterday would have been the RX7's 9th birthday lmao. Since I sold the car, my life has advanced in many ways, and I have reached some goals I can be proud of. I thought I'd get on my computer and look over some of the pictures, and found this rolling shot. Thought I'd post it.

When I started off the build 9 years ago, people were making car-clubs, drift guys were making teams, and I didn't want to miss out on the fun. That's when I created MIROTEKNIK. Unfortunately, none of my buddies got into the drift/tuner scene, so it was just me. As I built the car, I made shirts for my buddies as a joke on the surface, but also deep down, it kind of meant a lot to me lol. They ended up really liking the first round of shirts, which inspired me to make another few rounds in the next years.

When I officially drove the car home from the shop on 4/20/18, I knew I had to make one more round of shirts. The CHAMPIONSHIP Edition. In the process of creating the shirts, the designer misspelled some words, and so I had to order another set. Lots of red shirts. Where is this all going?

Basically, I have 4 shirts left. 2 Mediums, and 2 Large's. 2 have minor misspellings, 2 are corrected. The misspelled versions are actually SUPER RARE USSR-SDM editions because they are Version 1.0. I might autograph the misspelled ones idk. These are dumb, but a guaranteed conversation piece. I just cannot throw them away, and I already wear my own set too often.

I will only tell you what the text says after you buy the shirts. These shirts are for believers. Dream chasers. The kind of man that the world can't keep down. Are you that bro? Where will these shirts go? What will become of them? I don't know, but they must go.

$30ea shipping paid. HMU with a message and we’ll PayPal. Its going to be weird.

XXXX
                        Last edited by Miroteknik; 10-11-2019, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• pm sent
                          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Read the whole thread, thank you.

Comment

• I am a grown ass man now... but.... if you can't relate to the magic and wonder in this (man i hope this is real) news story...---> https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...L9h?li=BBnbfcL

Every kid should take that impossible goal of a dream car, and make it happen in one way or another. The older I get, the more I realize how little magic there really is in the world. Stories like this take me back though. To a time when I believed whatever I saw. I'd believe anything I was told, and everything was an adventure. Nothing seemed impossible. I had no understanding of mechanical or financial limitations, and if I could dream it, it could be done; somehow.

We're all too grown now. We know a lot more about what we can or can't do. We know what parts cost, and we know which ones we can't afford. We know what is compatible, and what isn't. That pure, ambitious vision in your mind of your dream car that was so clear is now just a huge math problem. Cost, fitment issues, tuning questions, adapters, limitations in the engine bay, this or that in the way of positioning this or that where you wanted to... but I know there was a time, when you really thought you'd build a spaceship that could fly. Or a motorized scooter. Or a go-cart. And as childish as all of that may seem now... I truly believe it is the entire foundation for our car-hobby today. Slamming, boosting, lifting, stancing cars... is just that little kid that grew up, but remembers what it was like to dream without limits.

Merry Christmas.
                              Last edited by Miroteknik; 12-24-2019, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• I heard about this dude 3d printing a lambo, did they gift him a real one?
                                Hope he still finishes the "fake" one tho

Great post like always

Comment

Working...
                                X