• Time
  • Show
Clear All

are 2 piece wheels able to be widened ?

Comment

depends, are the centers removable?

Technically yes, just more expensive.
      Originally posted by anth
      Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
        ssr sp1 or work meister?
        sup ox

there ssp sp1-r. should b 3 piece wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
          depends, are the centers removable?

Technically yes, just more expensive.
          Not a 100% sure, some say there 2 some say there 3 piece.

They are rays vr x10.

Comment

SSR = 3 piece but the barrels are welded together

Work = true 3 piece(except for VS-KFs which are welded barrels coz the bolt pattern has gaps)
            Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

cheers. are there possibilities of widening the outer lips and rewelding it back to the orginal barrel or do a new barrel and lip need to be made up?

Comment

SP1s only skip like 2 bolts per spoke, so you can just re-assemble them as 3 piece wheels without any leaking problems

or if i remember correctly there are holes in the back of the spokes which you can tap a thread into and use short bolts from the back of the wheel(not 100% might be mixing them up with some other work or ssr wheels)
                Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

Cheers bro.uch appreciated. Gunna check out the wheels today n make up my mind. Do u know roughly how much per wheels the lips would cost?

Comment

Oh this is very interesting, I have some 3 piece 13x8 Volk Mesh I want to widen to 13x9J with new outer lips (to match the 13x9.5J rear pair), I will have to get in touch!

So Craig, you can't supply them drilled, just spun and machined to size?
                    If I send you an outer lip can you work from that as a template? Or an outer lip and a centre?

Comment

Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                      SP1s only skip like 2 bolts per spoke, so you can just re-assemble them as 3 piece wheels without any leaking problems

or if i remember correctly there are holes in the back of the spokes which you can tap a thread into and use short bolts from the back of the wheel(not 100% might be mixing them up with some other work or ssr wheels)
                      you are right. i am working on some at the moment.
                      For all your motorsport wheel needs.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by seventhskyline View Post
                        Oh this is very interesting, I have some 3 piece 13x8 Volk Mesh I want to widen to 13x9J with new outer lips (to match the 13x9.5J rear pair), I will have to get in touch!

So Craig, you can't supply them drilled, just spun and machined to size?
                        If I send you an outer lip can you work from that as a template? Or an outer lip and a centre?
                        correct. just spun and machined to size.

send an outer and centre. the shape of the wheel will match our tooling. it may not be the same as your volk mesh.
                        For all your motorsport wheel needs.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah I think what you've got tooled looks pretty close. I'll get in touch as soon as I get time to strip them down.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Winters View Post
                            you are right. i am working on some at the moment.
                            craig. whats the cost to get 2" wider outer lips spun out for the ssr sp1? there 15" wheels

Comment

oxer tried his best to make them fit

they do look fkn cool with that much dish on the back

Comment

what sort of price would i be looking at for some 15"x 4-5" inners and outers to suit simmons v4's?

Comment

Working...
                                X