Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha so am i planning on robbing a bank to speed up the process lol

Comment

So called my neighbours over, and got some old tires and flipped this bad boy on its side. I have barriers at the moment stopping me from fixing some other issues such as rust etc, due to my skills but ill get there slowly !! Mean while i thought i would flip the car, strip it, clean it, prep it and paint it. Plan is to use bitumen and do a few layers of that stuff.

Heres how it sits in the garage haha. And how it looks underneath, no rust luckily (i hope)

And had a Q for the more experienced vw guys out there, will i be able to do away with most of these hoses and lines from the fuel tank? And what purpose does the little bottle over the rear wheel serve? Anyone?

Comment

Just read through the thread . Keep on the good work ! Should be awesome when it's finished !

Comment

So 95% of cleaning the chassis is done. A bit more tomorrow and its ready for paint. Ive never painted before, so im going to borrow my mates compressor and ima buy some primer and a spray gun. Hopefully ill get the hang of it soon, its only the chassis anyway, perfect for learning.

Hours and hours of work with the wire brush on a grinder.

Also fab'd up two tabs to hold up the washer jet line - as to avoid contact with the wipers. Heres a test fit with some string

Was going to wait to get a perfect 2" hole saw, but buying a metal one is pretty expensive and i couldnt justify it, so i just grabbed the grinder and made do. Obviously once i get some 2" pipe ill make it perfect

Heres just an outline

Comment

Putting in some solid work so far man. In for more updates haha.
            91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

in that last picture, are you notching the unibody to allow clearance for the axles? Is this a common thing to do when lowing a MK1? I only ask because I just picked up an '84 GTI and will be lowering it eventually

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
                in that last picture, are you notching the unibody to allow clearance for the axles? Is this a common thing to do when lowing a MK1? I only ask because I just picked up an '84 GTI and will be lowering it eventually
                Hey bro, well it depends as to how low you will be going. This golf will be laying frame..

But yeah its a common mod to do. A 2" pipe has to be welded in its place just to add strength again. And cool bro, keen to see a thread soon?

Comment

After trying numerous products and speaking to many 'professionals', i have finally found a supplier of POR15 in Melbourne which has good prices. It was way too costly to import from the states, but now its do-able. Thanks to David (scotty65) for the help.

Time to get rid of rust permanatly.

I was also walking round the wreckers and found this little seat. Its from a Holden (opel) Astra and i kinda like it. I just dont like the leather. Ill see if i can find a complete set and try make up some brackets for it.

Comment

Originally posted by georgeMK1 View Post
                    Hey bro, well it depends as to how low you will be going. This golf will be laying frame..

But yeah its a common mod to do. A 2" pipe has to be welded in its place just to add strength again. And cool bro, keen to see a thread soon?
                    Gotcha. I might actually try to trade my GTI for a MK1 Caddy, I need a truck haha

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

Im going away to Europe this weekend for a month, and had some free time today. I got a projector from my mates wrecked integra and i thought id try and be creative and modernize my car abit haha. I am going to try to modify the projector to fit it into my mk1 headlights. Projectors shine the road 20x what mk1 lights do IMO. Anyway cut it all out and test fitted it, not done yet, but a rough idea.

I reckon it works heaps good !

George
                      Very nice mod to have. Very similar to what i've done here!

Keep the good work coming...Wish i had a swallow tail to build...hehe

Signatures made! The Project

Comment

where will u go in euroland?
                        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

WillowRAF, thats awesome man, its so neat !! Does it offer heaps better visibility? Also doesnt it poke out the back of the headlights alot lol

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                          where will u go in euroland?
                          Where will i go where dude? Haha if youre talking bout europe, i just got back frm Bulgaria

Comment

Friday nights - foreveralone!

Comment

Friday nights - foreveralone!
                              Don't you have a missus though?
                              Originally posted by TRaNz
                              We ride homos together, we die homos together. Homos 4 Lyfe. <3

Comment

Originally posted by foffa View Post
                                Don't you have a missus though?
                                Yeah but she and all my friends are out, while i stay home spraying haha

Gonne be seeing a build thread frm you mr.josh?

Comment

Working...
                                X