Compare a 205/40 and a 215/40 on a 17x8 please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compare a 205/40 and a 215/40 on a 17x8 please

Like the title states, I am looking for info on the above sizes. I have seen some examples of the 205 but it looks like yokos dont stretch as much as falkens do. So Im thinking maybe a 215 falken or a 205 yokohama for similar results? I do not want toooooooo much stretch.

Any pics of either or input on tires would help, I am also looking into neo gen ZRs and a few dunlop tires.

Thanks guys!

I have the same wheel size as you, and have looked into Falken 512s or Fuzion ZRi's in 215/40s. The sidewalls on the 512s always turn out really nice... For other options you could look into the Federal ss595s, they don't stretch as hard on an 8" wheel but the sidewall looks really good and they are super cheap... The 205/40 ss595s are only $43 a tire

Comment

I have a falken 512 205/40/17 on an 8 and the stretch is very minimal. Not enough width to get really crazy stretch. But they are going to look tiny so make sure your low enough.

Comment

im not crazy low...i think i am going to go with the 215...if its too big its too big and i will re-evaluate. i know it all depends on the tire too, i have seen pics of the same size tire that look completely different.

Comment

This is a Falken 205/40/17 on a 8in wheel.

-Nick

Comment

i went with the 215/40...i kind of regret not getting a a 215/45...needs more low.

Comment

Good find. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
              X