JDM Center with American Outer lip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDM Center with American Outer lip

Who on here has installed American made outer lips on JDM centers? I am re sizing a set of Auto Couture Supreme with a smaller lip. The center fits but there is a 1-2mm gap between the center and the outer that isn't present on the factory lip.

Is this safe?

I tried to find factory JDM lips but they are nearly impossible to find in the size lip I need (or I wasnt successful in locating a shop that carried them).

Check out the photos below (please excuse the dirtiness of the center...they have been sitting for a while and I am refinishing.

Factory JDM 5" lip with no gap.

American 3.5" lip with 1-2mm gap between center and outer.

the only thing that matters is the tightness of the bore size. the machining on the back of your face must fit tightly into the hole present on the lip and barrel and must completely lock into both pieces. Having space outside of the diameter of the face represents nothing other than the design of the wheel half. where they lock into each other is where the bulk of the stress is transferred
    sigpic
    1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
    1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

Yeah that's pretty common for relipped wheels. My HRE's are the same.

Comment

Working...
      X