The Oil Pan Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Logan View Post
    I shot sparks the other day. I was so happy about that lmao. I am so going to buy some drag blocks lol.
    i get sparks but i am happy when people tell me i am spitting flames (without bee-r limiter or flamer kit of course!)

Comment

• so nobody at all has gone drysump to solve this problem? its expensive, but would save the dramas in the longrun.
      sigpic
      Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
      Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
      Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

• Hows this... Its even got a piece of Concrete still in it! TAKE THAT ROAD! YEAH
        For all us guys with e28's a guy in Portland is making skid pans for us... http://www.raceskids.com/joomla/ he told me the plates will be up at the beggining of the new year. Lots of Guys can attest to the strength of these
        Last edited by GermanlookT3; 12-31-2009, 10:17 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• On the a4's it ain't the oil pan you have to worry about, its the transmission crossmember, which sits behind the front wheels.

I'm on my third, first one shattered, and a sewer drain put a whole in the second one.
          heres some of the first one

heres a pic of number 2
          www.stateofstance.com

sigpic
          The unofficial Work Wheels whore in the making

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattphi View Post
            I've managed not to crack a pan so far, I have an extra one in the garage just in case though
            I don't have a spare, but by the look of the under side of the car, unless I drop it right on something, it will hit the subframe and a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff WAY before it hits the oil pan... glad thats one more issue I DON'T have to worry about.

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

• Man I am so glad that subaru oil pans sit so high.

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard_Gud. View Post
                Man I am so glad that subaru oil pans sit so high.
                crazy boxer shits
                1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
                Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

• im on number 4
                  www.e30owners.com

Comment

• Popped my cherry

Comment

• In the subject of speedbumps and other bizarre shit...

Although my friend's never cracked his oilpan or anything, we always end up going through one or two of those when we're cruising:

You tell me about fucking angle when getting on those D:

Comment

• The E28 Skidplates were finaly made... 1/8" thick and badass..

sigpic

Comment

• You guys should dry sump your cars. That way you can still be slammed but you won't kill pans.

Comment

• s13s have a swaybar to protect the oil pan.

too bad i hit a manhole cover, snapped the D brackets off the swaybar and smashed my oil pan with my swaybar.

being low rocks. i was looking for something to do with my car.
                            It's easy to get cheap, good looking, successful designs when all you do is copy legit, good looking, successful designs.

Comment

• 2nd sump down, had noticed a slight seep out of it the last time i had it up on a lift. went out today and there was a large puddle of oil underneath my car. not sound.

Comment

• ive broken about 3oil pans on my mkv gti. first 2 were just hairline cracks, third one i saw a light that said "turn car off immediately!"
                                i was dumb enough to lower my car after the first oil pan.

Comment

Working...
                                X