No announcement yet.

The Oil Pan Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I never hit mine. I only hit the frontbumper and behind the frontwheels on the chassis. (Audi a4 convertible on FK coils)

Comment

• this thread is full of lols, you guys are nuts (in a good way)

Comment

• Originally posted by ApathyCSL View Post
        yo where wxactly are you bolting that skid plate up to??
        2 Bolts in the back to the steering rack and 4 bolts in the front to the radiator support.

Comment

• BMW M30 pans in E24's and E28's suck. Just by looking at it, I can tell what's going to be the first thing to go when I drop it more...

Comment

• You should all drive 360`s, no need worry about the oilpan

Comment

• Originally posted by mavrsixxx View Post
              so this is my pan after raising the coils 4 turns its a vr6 raised motor and shortend pan 1/4 in steel plate welded on the bottom

Could this setup pan wise work on a mk4?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leftcoaststeez View Post
                Could this setup pan wise work on a mk4?
                im assuming your running a vr6? if so as long as you using a steel pan
                yes it would work.

Comment

• cracked up my oil pan on the high way...

replaced the pan with a new one, new oil's + filter

it went all good for about a week..

then this happend:

fucked up the engine..
                  sigpic

Comment

im assuming your running a vr6? if so as long as you using a steel pan
                    yes it would work.
                    How much is it shortened and would it run the same amount of oil?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leftcoaststeez View Post
                      How much is it shortened and would it run the same amount of oil?
                      its shortened about 2in. you run a little less oil. although alot of people
                      widen there pan to make up for the shortness.
                      what i did to be safe is put in an oil pressure gage so i can check it, also
                      i needed to do a mk5 r32 pump swap because its shorter than oem
                      idk how long your pump is

Comment

• Hmmm...I haven't taken a look at mine in a while. Probably a good idea. Last time I checked, it was pretty damn scratched up, but that what before I raised the motor a bit.

Comment

its shortened about 2in. you run a little less oil. although alot of people
                          widen there pan to make up for the shortness.
                          what i did to be safe is put in an oil pressure gage so i can check it, also
                          i needed to do a mk5 r32 pump swap because its shorter than oem
                          idk how long your pump is
                          Good Idea Ill pm you for anymore advice thanks for the insight.

Comment

• Just cracked my first one.
                            The general style discussion forum, as well as a place to post your car, or any car for that matter.

Steel pan and lowering it more

+1 for those roads that have dips with raised centers. I DESTROYED the underside of my car on a dip like that before I noticed it was to late and slammed everything at like 40, I thought for sure the pan was roasted but nope
                            little pothole on a backroad did me in.
                            Originally posted by Oh, Word?
                            You guys realize every time you mention his car being lower than a bagged car his penis grows one inch in girth.

Comment

• no pics of my pan, i have gone through two of them tho lol.... bent a pickup and toasted the motor right after one of the times....

and thats my tranny case.... kinda hard to se but thats the flywheel all exposed lol...

and a couple of downpipes that didnt even have a chance to get dirty before destroying..... haha

Comment

• I've managed not to crack a pan so far, I have an extra one in the garage just in case though

Comment

Working...
                                X