Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just another typical car and I'm only 16 so be impressed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm impressed because you told me to be.
    IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

paint it brickyard red.
      CUSCO USA // BRIDE JAPAN

Comment

Originally posted by martinm13 View Post
        Please paint it
        no.

Originally posted by NorCalFocus View Post
        Painting this car would be good practice for the 02.
        no.

Originally posted by DriftGirl View Post
        nice start...paint it
        no.

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
        Yeah, paint is next on the list.
        no!

Originally posted by cobrawannabe View Post
        I like the patina. Cool car.
        yes!

Originally posted by righteousrags88 View Post
        I like it
        yes.

Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
        I'm impressed because you told me to be.
        lol.

Originally posted by yoshioka90 View Post
        paint it brickyard red.
        no.

you will never get this level of patina back & original paint is only original once. notice how so many people are quick to jump on having it painted? - be unique & raise eyebrows by building a quality car that looks to be 'other' by the small-minded world whom view a chassis only as deep as it's clearcoat.

as long as there is no rust, nothing is being hurt by embracing what is already there. like some have said, the car already looks cool. I'd say focus on bushings & drivetrain, then a set of rollers as unique as the body, without wasting your time on the superficial side of car building.

there's a lot of beauty already present, please embrace that for what it is before even considering a new direction, or be amongst the sheep.

Comment

Originally posted by FABEL View Post

you will never get this level of patina back & original paint is only original once. notice how so many people are quick to jump on having it painted? - be unique & raise eyebrows by building a quality car that looks to be 'other' by the small-minded world whom view a chassis only as deep as it's clearcoat.

as long as there is no rust, nothing is being hurt by embracing what is already there. like some have said, the car already looks cool. I'd say focus on bushings & drivetrain, then a set of rollers as unique as the body, without wasting your time on the superficial side of car building.

there's a lot of beauty already present, please embrace that for what it is before even considering a new direction, or be amongst the sheep.
          I see what you're saying and actually agree with you. I originally bought it to repaint it though so I'd kinda like to follow through with that. We'll see what happens. I already tore apart the entire suspension and refreshed everything with OEM rubber and built some custom coilovers for it so that's all good to go. Interior is near flawless, it would only be suiting to have fresh paint for this car.

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

patina on a car from the late 80's-early 90's is dumb. this will be a clean daily driver once painted. i like your style.

Comment

I like it as is. Its a daily. Rock chips and all that are going to happen on the new paint and its going to drive you insane. My 2 pennies.
              Sup. Call me Z.
              My Accord "build".

Comment

I like it! And actually, I really like the patina too.

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

Loving the patina! I'd also like to see how the patina would look after a buff up, ive seen patina'd black cars after a good waxing and the patina looks ever better.patina.

patina.

Comment

Theres beauty in the obscure.

Comment

Working...
                    X