X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattHatCat View Post
    Shouldn't be
    It's a solid axle so that would be bad!
    Haha then definitely must just be the picture. For some reason I had it in my head that they would be using IRS.

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

You seem to have excellent taste in both vehicles and wheels, in for more
      1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
      1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

Originally posted by Tarmac180sx View Post
        Absolutely loving this! keep up the solid work
        thanks man! i will try. the next few months will be real tight on money but ill try make the best of it.

Originally posted by DeltaAlpha9 View Post
        Haha then definitely must just be the picture. For some reason I had it in my head that they would be using IRS.
        there is a model that is IRS, i think its a pretty early on, shitty way doing it but yeah.
        ill have to look through the photos to see what your brain is on about.
        Originally posted by Randomofodication View Post
        You seem to have excellent taste in both vehicles and wheels, in for more
        Why thank you sir, I'll be sure to keep it up to scratch.
        BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaAlpha9 View Post
          hahaha
          just had a look at the very first picture, man that's some funky looking camber mysterious shit going on in the back!
          BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

So because i had a slow day at work i had a bit of a longer lunch break ad was able to fiddle with some cheap plastic rod we had laying around,
            we didn't have much so i just used a small off cut that was laying around to make a neat little gear knob out of

I gave it a rough shape in the vice, then drilled and threaded a 8.5mm hole to M10x1.25 and then used a bit of threaded rod in a drill to spin it while i use a smooth file to neaten it up.

was just and small mess around might make a bigger one next time
            BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

yeah but where the turbo?
              BMW E23 build thread

Comment

Originally posted by 7075x4130 View Post
                yeah but where the turbo?
                when i finish my apprenticeship it will go under the knife for some good power upgrades.
                BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

So I have been terribly sick all week and still am a bit which mean no work on car at all.
                  which is so fucking shit because I'm sick of crap coming up and spoiling my time working on her!

also have family coming into town as of today so i don't suspect ill get any time this weekend either.
                  fuck.
                  BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by MattHatCat View Post

Mmm yeah this looks like a "shift knob." Looks like a sexy time device
                    1968 1600SP Beetle build thread

Comment

I hope your neighbour is ok. I don't understand violence

Comment

so much sexy time! haha

yeah he was alright, it was his Birthday too and extremely drunk... but yeah i don't get the need for it!

so yesterday i got a fair bit done all the welding and rust repair is done all new metal welded in painted and sealed up with Sikka-Flex. i dont have any photos of this though.
                        partly because my phone was updating and i just left it inside and partly because it was all pretty awfull and gross welds so i dont feel like embarressing myself completly.. lol

i also got the radiator and fan back in, and rust under my bonnet taken off and painted up

here it is...

excuse the gross yard my dogs tend to destroy EVERYTHING that hits the ground.

this little guy didnt last long

anyway..

all rust wire wheeled away. in the prosess of cleaning with degreaser and rust converter to neutralise any rust left ..

CLEAN!

and painted.

i did plan on doing the bonnet hinges and a few other things today but i think i have locked the skysky keys in the skysky,and cant break into it anyway i know how lol
                        so yeah I'm fucking furious typing this up because i had all today to do it while the old lady works but nope!
                        BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

so this weekend i thought id get started on a pair of the works...
                          I ion Friday night i was toying with the idea of flipping the centers, and getting some crazy ass offset
                          turned out to be too crazy.

the distance between the now rear lip and the mounting face of the center was about an inch.

on the other hand i had a pretty legit 165MM of dish which i think i worked out to be -85.5

so that was fun to dream about haha

okay so on Saturday i got the anodizing on one lip sanded and also removed the anodizing on the other lip using oven cleaner.
                          I think i had the oven cleaner on one lip too long as it is pretty pitted..,.
                          I also got Paint stripper and it took the remaining powder coat off the centers with ease.
                          they absolutely look like shit though.

anyway Sunday lunch time, after taking my dogs for an all morning adventure through the bush, I came home, set up a camp table in the warm sun (its winter here) and got the 'dirty work' clothing on and sat in the sun, drinking, smoking and most of all, sanding, all. god. damn. day.

don't get me started on how sore my back is ha ha I don't know why i must have being crooked over in an awkward pose all day because i can hardly move today.

anyway progress...

Saturday strip tease,

(i had already wire brushed this one mostly clean)

SANDING SANDING SANDING SANDING

i think i went 400 > 800 > 1200 > polish
                          should definitely have done a 240 or 260 grit sand as there were a few deep scratches and pits that i could not get out with out wasting 3 days
                          i will do a 240 or something on the other lip as it is worse.

Polishing!

Comparison

and with the gross center in place
                          yumm

anyway thanks for reading.
                          BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

Flipped centers+over-fenders=SEX. do it...

Comment

Fuck I want an R31 here, Fuck you OP!

JK, great job, please keep it updated.

Comment

Originally posted by axelillo_PR View Post
                                Flipped centers+over-fenders=SEX. do it...
                                i don'no dude, i really don't like over fenders on 31's, i think their too brick like for curves haha
                                I got rid of my 15x10's for that reason.
                                maybe some builds they are decent but for this im looking to keep it pretty basic

that being said, i was pretty fast in love with the flipped centers on the 05's!
                                BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

Working...
                                X