Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The bimmer is finally on coilovers! ...or is it..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bimmer is finally on coilovers! ...or is it..?

Hi, guys. Been on this forum for awhile despite not ever posting anything. I own a 1990, luxorbeige, BMW 520i e34
    Will post some sort of thread as soon as it is is worthy.
    So after all the inspiration i got from readin up on epic threads daily, I finally decided to start sort of "stancing" my car. Already picked up a set of 17x8 BBS RC090's, they are refurbed and on the car. Also snagged a set of Style 32's that are gonna get a makeover as well. And yes, i know im not "supposed" to get wheels before lowz, but these were dirt cheap and i had to move quicklky.
    Anyways.. Coilovers, the next step, hard to come by for my car where i live, so i needed a TUV-approved set within budget. I went with some from TA Technix. And i know that you get what you pay for and so on, but im a TOTAL noob at this, so i figured that would do for now. But ive hit a snag... After install, while the ride is harder and steering is somewhat sharper, but the ride height is about the same as before.

A quick pic of the car before (horrible phone camera):

Aaand after:

...not very impressive, i know

But thats why im reachin out to you guys for help, Here are some quick photos i took of the setup.

Front:

Rear:

Where did this go wrong? What to do?

Man i dunno.
    I think coil overs for these cars are tricky, you have to weld to install a lot of them.

I know that jom bluelines for this car are cheap, no welding and tuv approved. they'll get you pretty low too.

Sucks that you ended up with coils that didn't get you low :/

Comment

I did a few searches on these as I was curious myself. A lot of people were claiming that these are from the same manufacturer as JOM and come with different springs for different amounts of low. Maybe they gave you stock spring rates?

Comment

A buddy of mine have these too, its a 535 so its a little lower because its a little heavier but his is also veeery high. My 535i with 50mm supersport lowering springs is actually lower, so he went back to cut springs the day after
        90 E34 535i/5 OZ Futura, BC coils
        x '91 E34, BBS replica + BC Racing coilovers

Comment

ok.. so i should look into getting other springs or cut the ones i have then? i was afraid i had messed up the install. Man, this blows...

Vegard, how did your buddys e34 turn out?

Comment

Working...
          X