1984 Mercedes 500SEL Euro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
    Finally got these delivered to me today. Little bit of a long-term and expensive refinish project, but they were a ~$10,000 option back in the day...
    holy cow how much did you pay for these? I can't find any around where I live...
    The Oldschoolers: https://www.facebook.com/TheOldschoolersAD/

Instagram: @TheOldschoolers

#MrBenz's Audi B5 project

#MrBenz's Audi 100LS 1976

Comment

• Originally posted by #MrBenz View Post
      holy cow how much did you pay for these? I can't find any around where I live...
      500 bucks. The picture is flattering, but they are complete, and I won't be needing the blue fabric anyway.
      4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Finally got these delivered to me today. Little bit of a long-term and expensive refinish project, but they were a ~$10,000 option back in the day...
        Oh man full power Recaros.....

Comment

500 bucks. The picture is flattering, but they are complete, and I won't be needing the blue fabric anyway.
          Wow. It's a steal for 500 bucks... If you ever get lucky again, keep me in touch, I want them!
          The Oldschoolers: https://www.facebook.com/TheOldschoolersAD/

Instagram: @TheOldschoolers

#MrBenz's Audi B5 project

#MrBenz's Audi 100LS 1976

Comment

• Originally posted by #MrBenz View Post
            Wow. It's a steal for 500 bucks... If you ever get lucky again, keep me in touch, I want them!
            haha, well these did take a couple years of convincing the guy to sell them to me. Pretty sure he had them sitting around since the early 2000s.
            4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• Finally my license plate lights decided to work on their own accord. Don't worry though, they didn't work when I turned them off and on again.

I got it pretty dirty when I took it out a few times this winter, so I brought it into work and buffed the whole car again (polish + wax) and don't plan on touching it until it's engine swap time. It's pretty crappy around here this winter, so I'm going to put it away and soldier on with the parts hoarding and fixing of stupid things. At this time last year (and more than 10 years before that) the 500 was a gigantic paperweight, sitting in random parking spaces and under trees, so I'm really really happy that it's something worth keeping in the garage this year.

e46 and Pathy
              4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• More bling... it's going to be a long winter so we might as well take things slowly

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• you need to make a mold of that front lip - simple/cheap insurance you can always remake one :P

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

• Been driving it to work since last week. Feels good to get out of the Pathfinder for a little bit!

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• Every time I come back to this thread, I cry when I look at your seats. What a steal man, are they getting a refurb?
                      Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• Originally posted by mikey G View Post
                        Every time I come back to this thread, I cry when I look at your seats. What a steal man, are they getting a refurb?
                        Yep! I'll probably start toying with them when the new motor is being put in. I'm expecting to pay at least $800 a piece to reupholster them. I'll probably do them one at a time for that reason.

They'll look like these:

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• Going to be well worth the $. Glad you're keeping it OEM.

Comment

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Bought some Bilsteins, Meyle front steering stabilizer, and new rear brake pads.

Also it was due for its monthly buff... sucks having paint OCD with a single stage black car

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• Trust me I know the paint of black + ocd. My neighbors probably think im fucking nuts with how much I stress over my cars paint. Even in the garage it cant stay clean.

Comment

Working...
                                X