No announcement yet.

R32 GTR: A German/Japanese love affair.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor update, I have the pleasure to be writing for farmofminds occaisonally so I was able to put up some shots that Bastien (Dr.AK) made, have a look: http://www.farmofminds.com/project-r32-gtr/

Shoutout to Matt who is the owner of FOM and allround cool guy!

That aside, I had the BBS centers glassbeaded so I went ahead and decided to only clear coat them as it looked pretty good. As soon as they were dry my wife and I went ahead and reassembled the wheels which are now 16x11.5J - finally.

While messing around I mocked up a 13.5J wheel, would be nice, eh?

Anyway, the Skyline has been taken apart as well again as the entire front end is supposed to get a new coat of paint. Should be good when it's all done

In two weeks I'll be throwing on the Toyos and see where I stand - camber arms for the back and shorter/harder springs for the front will go in at the same time.

Stay tuned!

Comment

• Quick update with mobile snaps as shit is comin together!

First of all the pj turned out quite fine and put all that stuff back on right away. Then we moved on to put on the Toyos on the BBS which turned out to be a fucken misery and spent a shit ton of time on it. The gap between tire and wheel was so big because the new inner barrels had the step very far towards the outside meaning the normal way of just brake cleaner + lighter didnt fly. Not even a single cheetah would do the trick. So we had to get creative... quite primitively so.

We taped off the gap and cut 3 tiny holes to spay the brake cleaner into.. It worked.

They turned out hot. Ever seen 16 inchers on a 350Z? Yep, we tested.

Then they went up on the skyline, stuffs tight.

Apart from that we installed the front lip and rear flap. It's sittin rather low at the moment.

Final adjustments will be made over the next couple of days and will get proper pics done which I'll put up when I'm back at the pc next week.

Will attend Überfest the coming weekend and should look great as G535 was so kind to come by to help work over the entire paint, thanks G!

Comment

• in love i love the meaty tires
        IG: Dimitriantoniou
        1997 bmw 328i vert: sold:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55235
        1997 bmw 328is: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69857

Comment

• Wow

Comment

• The Oldschoolers: https://www.facebook.com/TheOldschoolersAD/

Instagram: @TheOldschoolers

#MrBenz's Audi B5 project

#MrBenz's Audi 100LS 1976

Comment

• omg. yes. MOAR PICTURES<3

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

• Good God YES!!!

Comment

• Alright, one more

Comment

• Visit Bagriders.com for the best deals on Airride suspension.

Stbk123 - Instagram.

ViolentClique

Comment

• omg. all that tire is gving me the meat sweats.

this is quite literally my dream car.

Comment

• Right,

Überfest yesterday was quite awesome and I got some more pics of how it currently looks.

I'm not 100% satisfied yet though.

The rears were dialed in quite well

Unfortuantely I had to remove the painted letters off the tires as they were like strikethrough letters after 500km.

Front is rubbin' all over the place

I'm glad guys like Sebastian Voll and Andreas Schumacher were there to get in some higher quality shots! Thanks fellas!

Another rear shot like last time, posting both to show the before/after difference. New is the Rocket Dancer rear flap, N1 rear spats, no more fog light and 11.5J wheels.

Before:

After:

Anyhow, I don't quite know how to fix the front, I'd really like it a bit lower. I highly regret not having gone 12J for the extra stretch so that the front would fit nicer. The other option is going with a 15 mil instead of 20 mil spacer and shorten the studs that poke through the spacers but there is literally only 6 mil between the wheel and caliper as is. I'll be testing around soon..

Comment

• dear god this is all perfection

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

• Is this even real life?

IG: @sebastienaudeon
                            1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
                            *pats Sebs head*
                            there there.
                            keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• suuuuper clean! nicely done bro!

Toronto, Canada

Comment

• I loved the white tire lettering, but I guess if you're rubbing right through the middle of the lettering it would take away from the over all look.

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

Working...
                                X