Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First of, supersweet Amazon and a great project thread you´ve got going on (really enjoyed catching up on it)!

As for suggestions on other wheels, that's always going to be hard as we all have different taste! And I know that your not aiming at 50-60's American mild custom look/feeling.

Still, I would still love to see your ride on pre-65 PV/Amazon steelies (or Ford/Mopar) with real whitewall diagonals (Firestone, Cooker, US Royal etc), just to get the same stance and look as in this pic! (with the rims almost beeing a bit to wide for the tyres).

Sure, not everyone likes the classic Hot Rod/Kustom wheel/tire combo, but I love it (important to NOT use hubcaps, just to get that raw look).

Just as I would love to see your ride dressed up in old Thorque Thrusts with fat rubber. You know, old racecar style aka "Trans AMA", heck, even AC Cobra style (of course with the big, bold white text on the side of the rubber).

But as already mentioned, Salt Flat-wheels are also a great idea, as in this Bo Zolland rendering (with some kind of Redline tyres):

Just a couple of suggestions, as I look forward to read more updates of your sweet ride!

//Jonas

Ps. I love low cars, but can´t really see the point of getting your even lower than it is now!?
    Last edited by Swede72; 04-23-2014, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• ^^^Those saltflat wheels... The others are "meh" to me
      -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
      '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
      '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

• Ouffff O_o
        Cars Vw mk1 euro modified swallow usa vr6 turbo

Facebook : Gabriel Couty

Comment

• Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
          Just came to see if I still love it. I do.
          Well thank you sir. Digging the progress on the Benz!

Originally posted by Klabbe View Post
          I really adore this car!! I'm from sweden and have seen many amazon's but this one is one of a kind! Its the clean look thats nice
          Thank you!

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
          ^^^Those saltflat wheels... The others are "meh" to me
          Agreed!

Originally posted by Swede72 View Post
          First of, supersweet Amazon and a great project thread you´ve got going on (really enjoyed catching up on it)!

As for suggestions on other wheels, that's always going to be hard as we all have different taste! And I know that your not aiming at 50-60's American mild custom look/feeling.

Still, I would still love to see your ride on pre-65 PV/Amazon steelies (or Ford/Mopar) with real whitewall diagonals (Firestone, Cooker, US Royal etc), just to get the same stance and look as in this pic! (with the rims almost beeing a bit to wide for the tyres).

Sure, not everyone likes the classic Hot Rod/Kustom wheel/tire combo, but I love it (important to NOT use hubcaps, just to get that raw look).

Just as I would love to see your ride dressed up in old Thorque Thrusts with fat rubber. You know, old racecar style aka "Trans AMA", heck, even AC Cobra style (of course with the big, bold white text on the side of the rubber).

But as already mentioned, Salt Flat-wheels are also a great idea, as in this Bo Zolland rendering (with some kind of Redline tyres):

Just a couple of suggestions, as I look forward to read more updates of your sweet ride!

//Jonas

Ps. I love low cars, but can´t really see the point of getting your even lower than it is now!?

Thank you! Its been tricky to fit a wheel to the car for a few reasons. I'd like to do something that hasnt been done to death, but at the same time not look so out of place (there is a reason you only see a few different styles of wheels on these). Ive narrowed the scope even more with the direction I took the car. If it were say a few inches higher it could pull off something sportier, but where it sits now, it leans very hard into the domestic rod look. It just kind of happened that way.

I would love to try out a classic polished 3 piece wheel someday. My guess is it will confuse the vibe slightly and cries for putting the steelies back on will ensue. Having said that, no one really builds anything special by playing it safe all the time. Anyone in my area have something in a 5x114.3 they could let me bolt on, just for fun? I promise I wont drive away

Comment

• Just a couple new pics. Nothing amazing, im just having fun shooting lately. Need a different subject though.

Last edited by Keith602; 06-27-2014, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• Picked up a Bosch 55 amp internally regulated alternator. Its probably a good time to do the conversion from the old generator. With the addition of the compressors, stereo, and soon electric fan, it will definitely be needing it. A bracket is required for the conversion, which I picked up a long time ago. Hoping to get it done this weekend

Comment

• looks like i just got a new desktop background

(the pic in your last post about the alternator {which i hope u post detailed install pics of} did not work)
                E46 Touring Build Thread http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56076

Comment

• Originally posted by austinscottphotography View Post
                  looks like i just got a new desktop background

(the pic in your last post about the alternator {which i hope u post detailed install pics of} did not work)
                  The pic isn't showing up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Keith602 View Post
                    The pic isn't showing up?
                    now it's working
                    E46 Touring Build Thread http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56076

Comment

• Keith602 you are inspiring to a lot of us 122 guys, been following this thread for along time, and I'm now finally able to start working on my 122s sedan.

One day soon I'll have a show thread/build thread, pm me though, I have questions on adding air to my Amazon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nordic122s View Post
                        Keith602 you are inspiring to a lot of us 122 guys, been following this thread for along time, and I'm now finally able to start working on my 122s sedan.

One day soon I'll have a show thread/build thread, pm me though, I have questions on adding air to my Amazon.
                        Thanks! Congrats on the project. As far as the air goes, pretty much everything I did is spelled out earlier in this thread. The rest is your own creativity. Good luck man! Have fun with it

Comment

• one of the coolest things ive seen in a long time

Comment

• The big class
                            Cars Vw mk1 euro modified swallow usa vr6 turbo

Facebook : Gabriel Couty

Comment

• Originally posted by esskay View Post
                              one of the coolest things ive seen in a long time
                              Originally posted by Gab87 View Post
                              The big class

Thnaks!

Comment

• Just amazing! I got a 4D waiting for some tricks aswell. Is your seats OEM?

Comment

Working...
                                X