The Holy trinity of tires: Cheap, stretch well, quiet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Holy trinity of tires: Cheap, stretch well, quiet

So I'm not new to stretching tires by any means but with a lot of my old favourites being discontinued in the last few years, I'm on the search for something new. I've stretched lots of tires of Falkens: 512s, 452, 453s, RT615s; Toyos: T1S&T1Rs; Conti: SC2s SC3s, Bridgestones RE050As and a bunch of others I'm sure I'm forgetting about... but I never got into the cheaper tires.

The major issue is that all most all of those were in 15-17" sizing and thus buying a decent tire wasn't that big of a bite on the pocket book.
    Now that I'm running some wide 19s, and am rebuilding them even wider, tires aren't cheap anymore. They also don't last long with the more aggressive camber I run compared to previous cars and setups.

I know the sizes I'm looking for 245/35/19 and 275/30/19 on a 19x11 and 19x12.5 respectively... I've seen lots of pics of the stretch on all the cheap tires but what I haven't found is a lot of decent reviews with aggressive stretched and cambered setups. I was on FK453s but they stretch like crap and a poor alignment helped me cook them off in under 7k. The RE050s I'm on now, that I got for free off a customers 997 when he upgraded to Sport cups, have a badass stretch but are super loud and scrub like mad with the camber I'm running.

I'm looking for something that is quiet, can be flipped after being stretched and can handle -4º to -8º of camber without eating itself alive in 5k.

So to all of you, what cheap "crappy" tires have you guys had good luck with?
    Was thinking of the Achillies ATR Sports or Federal 595 EVO but am open to other suggestions. I'd like to stay under $150/tire since I don't expect them to last longer than 10-15k.

Cheers
    96 Lexus LS400 Airred out on Ordens
    88 930 - 500+hp, canned on K18R's "the Porker"
    00 V6 Focus - slammed on RS's "the V6Mistake" **SOLD**

by ZX3Tuning, on Flickr

Bump. Anybody have any input on the cheap brands of tires like Achilles, Saffiro, Accelera, Delilnte, Nankang, Winrun? Surely people have tried these cheapos for stance

Comment

Hankook Ventus V12s worked pretty decently for me.

Nankang NS-2s I used to run, Delintes I've also run before.

I used to run 215/35/18 and 215/40/18 on 18x9/18x10, drove down from Toronto to Chicago/NYC without issue on Nankang NS-2s. Took them off after a whole summer of driving, and they barely looked like they had even worn out. -3 & -5 camber front & rear respectively.

NS-2s get my vote, and they also run skinny too.

Comment

I've been really happy with how my Achilles ATR-K stretch, but I don't run very much camber so I cant speak on the wear. Sidewalls are pretty tough too lol. I have very very very little fender to tire clearance so I get a lot of hard rubbing and daily driving on them has never caused a significant problem.

Comment

Nitto Neogens are a fantastic tire and they are my favorite for stretch. Aside from that a huge seller and one that many shops around locally that stretch use Nankang NS-20.

Comment

Working...
          X