Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another noob question about air ride

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum, I've joined because I want to install air ride into my car but don't really know where to start....

Basically can I just purchase the brains of the system, then the suspension components that are specific to my car and not bother about the the compressor, tank and solenoid etc.

The reason I ask is I work for a pneumatics company and have access to a lot of different solenoids, compressors, fittings and piping etc.

Many thanks

Elliot

As you say, you'll need to decide on two things: your management system and your suspension components.

For suspension components, what's out there depends on what vehicle you're installing them on. Site sponsor Bag Riders has a large cross-section of what's available on the market, and they'd be my first stop. If your vehicle doesn't have an aftermarket solution available, you will have to fabricate, and the specifics will depend entirely upon the car.

For management, the three big families of management are manual management, pressure-based management (V2), and height-based management (e-Level, RidePro). Each have their pros and cons and come in at different price points. What would be best is for you to consider your budget and what kind of expectations you have about how the system will operate, and then find a system that fits your needs. If you've got a low budget and don't mind keeping an eye on gauges and performing manual adjustments, one of the manual management systems might suit your needs. If you want a middle ground with a very easy install and decent, if not perfect, height management with a small amount of manual adjustments required, V2 might be your system. If you want the maximum in sophistication and hands-off operation and don't mind a more challenging install nor a higher price, e-Level might be your option.

In essence, consider what your expectations are for how the system performs and what you're willing to spend, and that will narrow the options considerably.

Comment

Thank you for all the info

I don't want to break the bank on my first set up as I'm a complete noob to it all.
      I've got another complete noob question...
      On manual adjustment is each bag controlled individually or are all 4 bags inflated together?
      I have an e46 m3 so I think there are kits out there to bolt straight on...

Thanks again

Elliot

Comment

A manual controller like the AVS switchbox or Switchspeed will allow you to control all your bags simultaneously as well as give you individual corner control.

Comment

Manual control with analog gauges will definitely be the cheap way of doing it but you have to manually monitor for leaks, no presets, and 'airing down' is a chore.

Autopilot V2 is worth getting into and it's what I have in my Golf. It's also less painful to install than Accuair due to Air Lift not having height sensors but that's debatable.

Autopilot V2 does the same as manual and 'preset' functions. However, it can monitor leaks and run the compressor to keep the preset pressure.

It'll help you get to the nearest service station/home/whatever.

Meet CPTNSLW
          :/:Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:

Comment

We have a complete bolt on kit available for the E46 M3 https://www.airliftperformance.com/v...ies-1999-2006/

The suspension components are available separately if you want to piece together your compressor system.

Let me know if you have any questions at all.

Lower than you......http://www.airliftperformance.com/

Comment

It's also less painful to install than Accuair due to Air Lift not having height sensors but that's debatable.

Comment

Working...
              X