Experience with JOM coilovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience with JOM coilovers?

Hi there guys, just wanted to know what your opinions on JOM coilovers were? Good/Bad experiences. Good for low?
    Mine should be arriving soon

It varies alot by car.
    Generally cheap coilovers work better for heavier cars for some reason. Spring rates or whatever. I know nothing.

I like mine on my e39, good ride/lows

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid Kid View Post
      It varies alot by car.
      Generally cheap coilovers work better for heavier cars for some reason. Spring rates or whatever. I know nothing.

I like mine on my e39, good ride/lows
      Oh thanks anyways!

Comment

As he said, lowness depends on the car.

My personal experience is that they are real good value for money. Quite bumpy but bearable.
        Even with cut springs on the coilovers they still felt alright, never failed on me either and they survived some pretty harsh driving and weather! Haha

Hope they work out for you!

Comment

Originally posted by daniel93 View Post
          As he said, lowness depends on the car.

My personal experience is that they are real good value for money. Quite bumpy but bearable.
          Even with cut springs on the coilovers they still felt alright, never failed on me either and they survived some pretty harsh driving and weather! Haha

Hope they work out for you!
          Thanks!

Comment

They are so cheap $$$ = 200+ USD .. . I would try em or should I go Rokkor / Raceland for my E36
            @ DEARSTEPDAD
            Slow 'N' Soft Build : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1054474

Comment

Originally posted by 7ate9 View Post
              They are so cheap $$$ = 200+ USD .. . I would try em or should I go Rokkor / Raceland for my E36
              I heard rokkors go lower than joms. I installed my joms over the weekend, good ride and I found them pretty comfortable. I enjoy them

Comment

I've got JOMs on my E30. They go low, but ride quality after a year and a half blows.
                sigpic

@Wrinckled

Comment

Originally posted by imavtarbro View Post
                  i heard rokkors go lower than joms. I installed my joms over the weekend, good ride and i found them pretty comfortable. I enjoy them
                  feedback from you or pals on rokkor vs raceland ultimos?
                  @ DEARSTEPDAD
                  Slow 'N' Soft Build : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1054474

Comment

Pals on rokkors, check out my build thread I have my joms installed. Goes low

Comment

They were of decent build qaulity and rode nice on my E34...
                      Hit me up for all your quality used bmw parts needs! http://properperformance.com/ IG: Lowlygent

Comment

I rode in an e46 with racelands and that was just about the worst riding car I've ever been in. Rokkors vary from ok to bad, same thing goes for JOM's and racelands though.

Comment

I installed a set on my 09 Jetta Sportwagen, and so far they have been great. They really aren't too bouncy at all (maybe due to being a heavier vehicle)?

Comment

The most common thing I see is that over time the ride quality will decrease.

for the first 1.5 yrs on my mk3 rode alright then once I went low the ride quality almost exponentially became worse.

Guess that's to be expected with these...

Comment

I got Rokkors on my e39, maxed out front and back and ride really really well. Had three passengers the other day and they all said they cant believe how well it rides. The heavier the car then the less 'bounce' its going to have.
                              -SW|UK-
                              Education - Knowledge - Power
                              insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

Working...
                              X